Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS Signature ASPComics Bronze AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

Upcoming Shows20473

Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@TheShocker Yeah a Australian 1940s Black Hawk that was submitted under the magazine grading service.
Two copies of Sinister house of love 1.
Demon 1, 2.
Doc savage 2 picture frame cover.
And other early 70s DC horror like Ghosts.

I was planning on splitting the order between CBCS and CGC.
CGC were not there so CBCS got all my books. ๐Ÿ‘

Graded as is, no press.
Let me ride...
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector TheShocker private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross lol I think I seen you submitting your books or someone else submitted The Demon #1... Either way Nics set. Post again with what grades ya get
Post 52 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
Hope anyone going to HeroesCon has hotel rooms already. The Westin is FULL. I expect the other hotels are filling fast; the JW Mariott is running low on con rate rooms, not sure about the others.
Post 53 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by James42
Hope anyone going to HeroesCon has hotel rooms already. The Westin is FULL. I expect the other hotels are filling fast; the JW Mariott is running low on con rate rooms, not sure about the others.

yeah no surprise. Luckily live within 10 minute walk so hotel not needed. But Charlotte has a lot of hotels within walking distance.
Post 54 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55
Quote:
Originally Posted by James42

yeah no surprise. Luckily live within 10 minute walk so hotel not needed. But Charlotte has a lot of hotels within walking distance.

The last two years I stayed at the same cheap hotel within a 15-20 minute drive and used Spot Hero to park close to the convention center.
Post 55 IP   flag post

I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
dunhull is a decent little hotel down the street from the park. a little pricey
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector MisterMR private msg quote post Address this user
Iโ€™ll be at Wondercon at the end of the month and then SDCC (33rd year in a row!) in July
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector sborock_ComicLink private msg quote post Address this user
I would love to meet you all at WonderCon!!!!!
Maybe lunch........?
Post 58 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock_ComicLink
Maybe lunch........?
@sborock_ComicLink ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ that would be awesome. Who else here is going to Wondercon?
Post 59 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Just dropped a couple grand at my local comic show. About one third of it was slabbed books.

Planing to flip most of the slabs but will crack some out for signatures.
Post 60 IP   flag post
@drchaos what you pick up?
Post 61 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShocker
@drchaos what you pick up?

Still haven't finished unloading the car. I am trying yo get everything logged into Excel but will try to put up some group photos.
Post 62 IP   flag post
Getting ready for Galaxy Con Richmond this weekend.

Looking for some advice regarding Rick and Morty Comics.

Three people at the show can sign them.

Logic $60 can sign the Vindicators Comics as he was in the episode where he sang a song at the end
Chris Parnell $60 can sign any Rick an Morty comic as he played Jerry
Spencer Grammer $40 can sign any Rick and Morty comic as she played Summer

Getting all three on a Vindicators would be $160

Getting Summer and Jerry on any other book would be $100.

Here is what I have that could get signed:

33 Copies of the C2E2 Vindicators Variant
4 Copies of Vindicators 1 Cover A
4 Copies of Vindicators 1 Second Printing

10 copies of the C2E2 Jerry Exclusive

1 copy of R&M D&D 1:10 Retailer Incentive
4 copies of R&M D&D NYCC Exclusive

1 copy of Sleepy Gary Blank NYCC Exclusive

2 copies of R&M 50 Exclusive Variant

7 copies of Rick and Morty 8 & 9 (total number of copies of these two issues including the variants.

I have discarded a large number of other books I could also get signed but these are the ones I might consider getting signed this weekend.

As I have a short time frame, a six hour drive each way to the show, will be on limited sleep, and have a limited budget any advice on which books to prioritize and whether to get one or all signatures on each would be appreciated.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMR
Quote:
Maybe lunch........?
@sborock_ComicLink ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ that would be awesome. Who else here is going to Wondercon?

WHO ELSE?
Post 64 IP   flag post
Almost ready for Galaxy Con.

I plan to be first in line for Claremont tomorrow.

Who else is going?
Post 65 IP   flag post
@drchaos nice can you post what his signing fee is when you can?
Post 66 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShocker
@drchaos nice can you post what his signing fee is when you can?

Last year Chris Claremont went up from $10 to $15 on raw books.

Graded books were a bit more.

I will be on no sleep and spread pretty thin but I will try to post an update.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMR
Quote:
Maybe lunch........?

WHO ELSE?

Itโ€™s just going to be me and Steve? Youโ€™re all going to be extremely jealous afterward
Post 68 IP   flag post
As much as I want to see Roy Thomas and Tom DeFalco Boston Fan Expo might be the choice this year over Heroes Con for me.

Still have to keep pulling books and see which show makes more sense for me this year.

Right now getting organized for Little Giant, Chiller Theater and Philadelphia Fan Expo.
Post 69 IP   flag post
This stinks!โ˜น I will not be at WonderCon! ๐Ÿ˜ก My mom has taken a small turn for the worse ๐Ÿ˜ฅ and I am also away until Mon/Tue dealing with a million-dollar collection for ComicLink.com.

Fun time with a lifelong hobbyist, looking at funny books and telling stories from many years in this great hobby and sharing our love for our hobby as well! Still hard work and long hours..... ๐Ÿ™„

Yet..... I am a very lucky hobbyist and want to help others the way my mentors helped me, so meeting new hobbyists, and learning from them about new great comic reads, their new favorite artist or writer, what original comic art they love, talking about what they think about grading standards, when they start to dig deeper into vintage books and OA (before their reading and collecting generations, no matter what years ya started), ETC...

THAT SAID, COMICLINK.COM WILL BE AT WONDERCON!italic text
Our fantastic experts (and great guys!!!) at ComicLink will still be on-site at WonderCon to take in your consignments and giving free appraisals. Also, if you want to submit to us at the show and save $$$ on insurance and postage with a NO fee, NO interest advances, feel free to email me at sborock@comilink.com and I will be more than happy to help ya!

I hope those of you that are going HAVE FUN! Bummer that I can't make it....
Steve
โ˜ฎ
Post 70 IP   flag post
Whenever you have a monkey riding a horse, I'm in. Tom74152 private msg quote post Address this user
Wishing the best for your Mom
Post 71 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom74152
Wishing the best for your Mom

I wish your Mom the best as well Steve.
Post 72 IP   flag post
Thanks, guys! ๐Ÿ™
Post 73 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock_ComicLink hope she gets better my friend!
Post 74 IP   flag post
@SpiderTim Thanks brother!!!
Post 75 IP   flag post
How do I know this? Because I've done it myself. lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock_ComicLink Wishing the best for you, your mom and your family. Doesn't matter how old, whether it's expected or not, watching it come and then losing your parent just sucks, no way around it.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
@TheShocker Yeah a Australian 1940s Black Hawk that was submitted under the magazine grading service.
Two copies of Sinister house of love 1.
Demon 1, 2.
Doc savage 2 picture frame cover.
And other early 70s DC horror like Ghosts.

I was planning on splitting the order between CBCS and CGC.
CGC were not there so CBCS got all my books. ๐Ÿ‘

Graded as is, no press.
Let me ride...

Just checked my dashboard, comics graded and magazine still in processing.

Should I look at the grades on the dashboard, I normally have done so the last three times I submitted books?
Post 77 IP   flag post
Books sent not pressed.

And I got my first 9.8 with exceptional white pages. Demon 2 ๐Ÿ‘

I did cherry pick the Demon 2 out of a stack of 20 unread copies.

Post 78 IP   flag post
Leaving my house before dawn to make the long drive to Concord, NH for the Little Giant show.

Who else is going?
Post 79 IP   flag post
Didn't leave my house until about 8:30AM which got me to the show in New Hampshire only two an a half hours before it closed. Still managed to get my signatures from Michilinie, Steranko, Royer, and Milgrom. Also got a remark from Joseph Schmalke (will try to remember to share an image of it after I unload the car.

After all of that driving I was still able to drag what was left of me to my local comic book show yesterday to ger these great books:

Post 80 IP   flag post
616095 86 30