Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS Signature ASPComics Bronze AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

Upcoming Shows20473

Collector sborock_ComicLink private msg quote post Address this user
@power_struggle55 You ever been to the Cajun Queen? Some of the best food I have had, even surpassing many places in New Orleans!
Post 26 IP   flag post
Whenever you have a monkey riding a horse, I'm in. Tom74152 private msg quote post Address this user
I’m in
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector TheShocker private msg quote post Address this user
Just got back from Fanexpo Vancouver. No lines for any creators both days. A part of me was happy because no waiting but at the same time kind of sad to see no lines at some of your favorite creators. Dan Slott, Carl Potts, Dave McCaig, Adam Gorham, Kevin Maguire, Tom Grummett.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Wyldchyld private msg quote post Address this user
I am planning to be at Heroes for the entire weekend with my daughter. Would be fun to meet everyone.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector sborock_ComicLink private msg quote post Address this user
@Tom74152 COOL!
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
@Tom74152 I just met Veronica and Andy at OAX this past January. Very nice persons!
Post 31 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
last year was cool to run into someone here though it was briefly. one person was on the Claremount line at the same time as me but by the time I realized he was done.

so planning something is a great idea.

this year at the convention dont have concrete plans on what to look for. usually i set aside money for cheap back issues, new issues, autographs and stuff for my power rangers collection but lately been buying mostly digital comics (problem with physical...they take up space I dont really have) with convention, slabbed or specific reason (like a grail or cool cover) being exceptions

last year did buy two old gameboy games, original pokemon red japenese version and home alone 2 lost in new york (was first gameboy game i had as a kid). so might seek more. the retro shop that is there every year will probably a place Ill check out. maybe get gold or silver version
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55
last year was cool to run into someone here though it was briefly. one person was on the Claremount line at the same time as me but by the time I realized he was done.

so planning something is a great idea.

this year at the convention dont have concrete plans on what to look for. usually i set aside money for cheap back issues, new issues, autographs and stuff for my power rangers collection but lately been buying mostly digital comics (problem with physical...they take up space I dont really have) with convention, slabbed or specific reason (like a grail or cool cover) being exceptions

last year did buy two old gameboy games, original pokemon red japenese version and home alone 2 lost in new york (was first gameboy game i had as a kid). so might seek more. the retro shop that is there every year will probably a place Ill check out. maybe get gold or silver version

That was probably me.
Post 33 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
if the line for claremount it was sat first thing.

if line to get in. was sunday
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Line to get in.
Post 35 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I was one of the first dozen people on the Claremont line on Saturday morning. I had the junior hand truck with the banker box full of books to get signed.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Whenever you have a monkey riding a horse, I'm in. Tom74152 private msg quote post Address this user
I’m usually behind those guys with the bankers box with my 2 books
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom74152

same. I usually bring maybe 5-10 books per person at most (usually its one). claremount was simply the Rogue poster I bought/got signed from Michael Golden from year before. I am never the kind of person who'd bring a pile of comics especially if its a long line
Post 38 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom74152

same. I usually bring maybe 5-10 books per person at most (usually its one). claremount was simply the Rogue poster I bought/got signed from Michael Golden from year before. I am never the kind of person who'd bring a pile of comics especially if its a long line

Charlotte is a 13 hour drive.

If I only have 5-10 books I ain't making that trip.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
I have yet to attend any comic cons anywhere
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector CaptAjax private msg quote post Address this user
I am going to my first convention in a week! Lexington KY Comic Con! I am a total newb and am going to try to get some books signed for the first time ever.

Does CBCS have people at the Lexington Comic Con that can verify a signature?

Does anyone know what Bob McLeod and Kyle Starks charge for a witnessed signature?

Any advice on attending my first con?
Post 41 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
@CaptAjax expect to have a great time. I try to have an idea of what books I'm hunting but I bring extra cash in case an opportunity presents itself. If I see what I'm looking for at a price I'm willing to pay I don't wait. The book may be gone by the time you double back.
Post 42 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka

There's still hope for you...
Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Quote:

Come up to Michigan. It seems like we have one almost every weekend lately.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I'll have to google - are there any in your part of the world?
Manga cons maybe?
Post 45 IP   flag post
Quote:

One time I ended up splitting a cab from Port Authority to the Javitz center with a fellow from your neck of the woods when I went to New York Comic Con a few years ago.

Much further commute than Hackensack, NJ.
Post 46 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:

I'll have to google - are there any in your part of the world?
Manga cons maybe?

thanks. Not really anything. If if was just for comic artists then there is a show in Singapore and Japan where most of the asian comic artists goes to. However, if in for comic books - then really nothing comes to my mind
Post 47 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Quote:

Come up to Michigan. It seems like we have one almost every weekend lately.

Not like it is nearby though
Post 48 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Attended Emerald City comic con yesterday, maybe going back on Sunday.
Post 49 IP   flag post
@southerncross nice did you get anything graded?
Post 50 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@TheShocker Yeah a Australian 1940s Black Hawk that was submitted under the magazine grading service.
Two copies of Sinister house of love 1.
Demon 1, 2.
Doc savage 2 picture frame cover.
And other early 70s DC horror like Ghosts.

I was planning on splitting the order between CBCS and CGC.
CGC were not there so CBCS got all my books. 👍

Graded as is, no press.
Let me ride...
Post 51 IP   flag post
@southerncross lol I think I seen you submitting your books or someone else submitted The Demon #1... Either way Nics set. Post again with what grades ya get
Post 52 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
Hope anyone going to HeroesCon has hotel rooms already. The Westin is FULL. I expect the other hotels are filling fast; the JW Mariott is running low on con rate rooms, not sure about the others.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by James42
Hope anyone going to HeroesCon has hotel rooms already. The Westin is FULL. I expect the other hotels are filling fast; the JW Mariott is running low on con rate rooms, not sure about the others.

yeah no surprise. Luckily live within 10 minute walk so hotel not needed. But Charlotte has a lot of hotels within walking distance.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by James42

yeah no surprise. Luckily live within 10 minute walk so hotel not needed. But Charlotte has a lot of hotels within walking distance.

The last two years I stayed at the same cheap hotel within a 15-20 minute drive and used Spot Hero to park close to the convention center.
Post 55 IP   flag post
616095 86 30