Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS Signature ASPComics Bronze AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

Upcoming Shows20473

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Last year it took a few months until convention season got rolling.

I already have some shows lined up for the first half of the year:

Galaxy Con Richmond - Richmond, VA - March 15-17
Little Giant Comic Show - Concord, NH - April 13
Chiller Theater - Parsippany, NJ - April 26-28
Philadelphia Fan Expo - Philadelphia, PA - May 3-5
Heroes Con - June 14-16
Garden State Comic Fest - Morristown, NJ - June 22-23

I am not decided on Philly or Heroes Con yet.

If I drive to Charlotte I would be at Heroes for the whole show.

All of the other shows would be Saturday only for me.

Who else is going?
Post 1 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos - Corey, I’d love to go to Little Giant this year, but I will be in Scotland with my wife and another couple. It falls during April vacation, so we booked this trip last summer. They have a dinner with Jim Steranko, limited to 40 people, for $125 that includes admission, an autograph, and a photo. Tough to pass that up. Definitely next year!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector XMYTHICxAtlas private msg quote post Address this user
In going to sc comic con and galaxy con Raleigh. I live an hour outside of Charlotte and don't know if I'm going to go to Heroes Con or not went a few years ago but I go to the other 2 just about every year
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Wyldchyld private msg quote post Address this user
I go to Heroes Con every year. It's one of the few shows I get to go to. It is a great show.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Whenever you have a monkey riding a horse, I'm in. Tom74152 private msg quote post Address this user
I’ll probably be at sc comic con and heroes
Post 5 IP   flag post
Tom, you be in the jim lee line? I know I will be haha
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector TheShocker private msg quote post Address this user
Nice! Currently in Vancouver Canada for FanExpo Vancouver and have Emerald City Comic Con planned in 2 weeks. That's it for now
Post 7 IP   flag post
Whenever you have a monkey riding a horse, I'm in. Tom74152 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by XMYTHICxAtlas

Not sure if I will wait in any lines. Getting to old for that. I did in the past. I thought about it. We’ll see. It’s a 2 1/2 hour drive from me. I’m going to see my cousin.
I was at Heroes Con in Charlotte years ago and was cruising artist’s alley when I saw this poster I really liked. MST3K. It was the last one the young lady had. I hung it in my office. A couple years later I’m in New York for my nephews wedding. I was talking with my cousin and she said her daughter “drew comics” when she told me her name was Veronica Fish I told her I knew that name and had a poster of hers hanging in my office. When I met her we didn’t know we were related. I guess she’s my cousin once removed or something like that. I haven’t seen her since we now know. I have purchased many signed and original art of both her and her husband Andy Fish since then.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
I’ll be at HeroesCon
Post 9 IP   flag post
Ya, the lines can be crazy. Last year I waited in Eastman's line for over three hours and I started questioning life lol. It's cool about you though getting art and finding out later being related.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom74152
Quote:
Originally Posted by XMYTHICxAtlas

Not sure if I will wait in any lines. Getting to old for that. I did in the past. I thought about it. We’ll see. It’s a 2 1/2 hour drive from me. I’m going to see my cousin.
I was at Heroes Con in Charlotte years ago and was cruising artist’s alley when I saw this poster I really liked. MST3K. It was the last one the young lady had. I hung it in my office. A couple years later I’m in New York for my nephews wedding. I was talking with my cousin and she said her daughter “drew comics” when she told me her name was Veronica Fish I told her I knew that name and had a poster of hers hanging in my office. When I met her we didn’t know we were related. I guess she’s my cousin once removed or something like that. I haven’t seen her since we now know. I have purchased many signed and original art of both her and her husband Andy Fish since then.

I really like that poster. And great story to go with it!
Post 11 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
I always go to Heroes Con as live in Charlotte. always do the 3 days (going to get my 3 day pass maybe in may). I always do my cbcs submissions there (plan on doing 4 there) ran into one member here there. Maybe we should do a meetup there this year
Post 12 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Right now the only shows I have planned is the local (Houston) Bedrock City Con in the fall and a couple of smaller local shows. Nothing major planned.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
I am excited that Adam Hughes is currently on the guest list for HeroesCon; it's been years since he was back, and I have a pile of books I would like him to sign. Probably going to get Howard Chaykin to sign my Star Wars 1 and 2 (since I have copies of them now).
Post 14 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
i dont know who will be my focus at heroes con. last year was Claremount and Andy Smith. usually I go for as many as I have stuff but most charge money for signatures. so now is...who do I want

maybe skottie young as he is one of my favorites artists/writers
Post 15 IP   flag post
Years ago, I sold Adam Hughes a Master Replicas Lightsaber. I’m sure I’ll get some autographs and maybe another sketch.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I’d be down if some members wanted to do a meet up.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome poster.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobashek
I’d be down if some members wanted to do a meet up.

if you refering to heroes con we should all do a meetup before or during show, perhaps the cbcs table

Ive gone to it every year (well except 2020...and 2021....though did do giant sized mini con) since maybe 07 or 08.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector sborock_ComicLink private msg quote post Address this user
I'll be at Heroes (as always!).
Maybe some of us can get together for dinner? I know a GREAT Cajun place...
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShocker
Nice! Currently in Vancouver Canada for FanExpo Vancouver and have Emerald City Comic Con planned in 2 weeks. That's it for now

Hope to see ya at ECCC!
Post 21 IP   flag post
@Wyldchyld @Tom74152 @XMYTHICxAtlas @drchaos @power_struggle55 @Bobashek @James42

It would be great to see you all at Heroes!!!!! Hopefully a fun get together at a dinner, like I mentioned! 👍😀
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock_ComicLink
I'll be at Heroes (as always!).
Maybe some of us can get together for dinner? I know a GREAT Cajun place...

shame fuel pizza closed, that was always a great place to grab a meal by the convention center. But there is a great little pub in the city called Alexander Michaels that has the best burgers and onion rings and great beer.

also a great little vintage clothing shop opened in the city with 90s and older t-shirts.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock_ComicLink
@Wyldchyld @Tom74152 @XMYTHICxAtlas @drchaos @power_struggle55 @Bobashek @James42

It would be great to see you all at Heroes!!!!! Hopefully a fun get together at a dinner, like I mentioned! 👍😀

I’ll come look for you.
Post 24 IP   flag post
lets discuss it as we get closer. as I live in charlotte I know best places.

since last year a food court like place but with high end joints opened called the Monarch. that might be a good place.
Post 25 IP   flag post
@power_struggle55 You ever been to the Cajun Queen? Some of the best food I have had, even surpassing many places in New Orleans!
Post 26 IP   flag post
I’m in
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector TheShocker private msg quote post Address this user
Just got back from Fanexpo Vancouver. No lines for any creators both days. A part of me was happy because no waiting but at the same time kind of sad to see no lines at some of your favorite creators. Dan Slott, Carl Potts, Dave McCaig, Adam Gorham, Kevin Maguire, Tom Grummett.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Wyldchyld private msg quote post Address this user
I am planning to be at Heroes for the entire weekend with my daughter. Would be fun to meet everyone.
Post 29 IP   flag post
@Tom74152 COOL!
Post 30 IP   flag post
615415 86 30