Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Captain's Comic Expo 2024, Feb. 24-2520446

I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
https://captainscomicexpo.com/

I am not affiliated with this show, other than being a long-time customer of the store that runs it. The show gets better every year; this year, Jim Shooter is the marquee guest. Mike works hard every year to bring in great guests and vendors. If you are in the area, it's worth a visit.

Saturday is usually Star Wars focused, with a constant presence and display from the 501st Legion, while Sunday is the big day for cosplay.

There will be CBCS authorized witnesses available.

One word of warning: parking is terrible. It has been for the past several years. I do wish Mike would find another venue, if only because of the parking situation.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
Not in the area, but very cool.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Just a bump, in case anyone is looking for something to do next weekend.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Well, yesterday was rough. My 7-year-old did his best to make the con miserable for his mother and me, with the added fillip of having to take him to a birthday party that began at noon.

But today, he is staying the day with grandparents, and I can dive into some of the tasty back issue boxes I saw. Wish me luck.
Post 4 IP   flag post

Didn't end up with much. There was lots of good stuff, but so much of it wasn't what I am collecting these days. But I did manage to spend less than 70 bucks, so that's a win.

Submitted one signed book for grading (local artist who doesn't do many shows did a Red Sonja cover years back), and set up a commission to pick up at HeroesCon.
Post 5 IP   flag post
611410 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?