Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1720443

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
This e-bay purchase arrived in the worst packaging I’ve seen in a while.

Sandwiched between two pieces of cardboard, wrapped in Saran Wrap. That’s it. No bag or board, no box.

Post 201 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim that's just plain bad, luckily it wasn't a 9.8 candidate you were hoping to get.

Post 202 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim Sorry to see - what a coincidence that I just posted a 9.8
Post 203 IP   flag post
@poka I just saw that. 😆
Post 204 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

the Brazilian copy came in today, only 10 on the cgc cencus, adding to the collection. Watching the heritage auction and seeing the tec 1.8 restored selling for 38,400 and adding sales tax makes me very happy. It was a confirmation sale for me, paid waaaay less
Post 205 IP   flag post

I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
This shop in town has had a few short boxes of high grade horror mags for at least 5 years. I've purchased a couple but have passed on a lot of cool stuff because he wouldn't budge. I went to his new store today and asked about those boxes that he had. It took forever to find them but I picked out one book and asked if he had any wiggle room. He replied that he hadn't re priced those in years so they weren't accurate. I wish I had so much more money on me because guy finally broke down on his price. I got this for half off.

Post 206 IP   flag post
Not a book, but comics related.

Just arrived: a BCW single graded locking case for the crown jewel of my collection. I’m pretty happy with it. Just too bad it doesn’t have a handle.

Post 207 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim - Now that’s sexy!
Post 208 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim Is that for your Batman Adventures Mad Love book you recently acquired?
Post 209 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
@00slim Is that for your Batman Adventures Mad Love book you recently acquired?

You would think so! But no. Probably surprisingly, it’s Spidey’s new home.

Post 210 IP   flag post
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this off MyComicShop. Unfortunately it's in an old clip style case so at some point in the future I will send it in for a re-holder.
Post 211 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Nice @00slim !
That's Big Boy Stuff right there!
Post 212 IP   flag post
@drmccoy74 Thank you. I had to trade some good stuff for it, but no regrets.
Post 213 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
@drmccoy74 Thank you. I had to trade some good stuff for it, but no regrets.
Definitely not. Probably as good an investment out there. Cooler than GE stocks and better to look at then precious metals.
Post 214 IP   flag post
Collector Stonecollector private msg quote post Address this user
TPB and issue 12 came in with a few variants I liked

How does everyone store there TPB just curious

Post 215 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Technically not "new" to my collection...but I have been looking for this for a few years...so new again???
Was in amongst books I never look at...discards from lots buys etc. things like Richie Rich with writing all over them!!
Something impacted the cover to puncture it and the 1st page plus a decent rip on the back cover..but still a great early Frazetta cover!!

Post 216 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecollector
How does everyone store there TPB just curious

I just put mine in a box, on a bookshelf or in a stack. I generally don't worry about keeping my TPBs in super nice shape. I buy then to read, sometimes over and over.
Post 217 IP   flag post
Just arrived from MCS.

Thank you, Keld. Happy to have it.

Post 218 IP   flag post
I keep buying dumb stuff because I'm a bit of an underground influence marketer. Oldfuzznts private msg quote post Address this user

Ok. Well, I mailed this off for a Sam Raimi signature and requested he draw a chainsaw on the cover. And he did?
Post 219 IP   flag post
@Oldfuzznts If I didn’t know better, I’d think they sent it to my house by accident. And I did the best I could with the sketch.
Post 220 IP   flag post
I keep buying dumb stuff because I'm a bit of an underground influence marketer. Oldfuzznts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
@Oldfuzznts If I didn’t know better, I’d think they sent it to my house by accident. And I did the best I could with the sketch.

I wanted something nobody else has. The dude delivered!
Post 221 IP   flag post
@Oldfuzznts looks similar to graffiti inside construction site dumpers
Post 222 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74
Its upside down is all…..
Post 223 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74

I've seen similar. It's usually a freshly-started chainsaw with the morning's dew splashing off the blade.

This one's dry. Different that way.
Post 224 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Is it electric @Oldfuzznts?
Post 225 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Just arrived

Post 226 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAmistoso
Is it electric @Oldfuzznts?

It's vibrating, I think.
Post 227 IP   flag post
@Oldfuzznts, that book is officially sweet….
Post 228 IP   flag post
@Oldfuzznts Definitely a cool addition to the collection. Congratulations. I may have misread the tone of your initial post is all.
Post 229 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
@Oldfuzznts, that book is officially sweet….

Thanks! It gives me a special feeling, for sure.
Post 230 IP   flag post
615415 937 30