Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1720443

I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Being a grandfather myself, I can tell you that "there ain't nuthin' better!"

Congratulations my man!
Post 126 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort Thanks! I've got 3 kids but this is new territory for me. I'm really looking forward to it. 🙂
Post 127 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

my big purchase of the year. Put a bid on it so I could track it on comiclink, had no idea I won it, lost track of time during the auction and the books I really wanted to bid higher on was lost. They went under what I would have paid. Oh well, at least it has the cva sticker, lol
Post 128 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 That’s pretty sweet. Especially in such premium grade.

I’ve always meant to read that series but haven’t gotten around to it.
Post 129 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim thanks, I have a 9.0 and a 9.4 if your interested.
Post 130 IP   flag post

@Batman66 I mean, maybe? Send me a PM of what you’d like for either one. Appreciate the offer either way.
Post 131 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Got this for $15 on mycomicshop.com

And this for $14 (both +shipping of course but one order)
Post 132 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this today. "Pretty Woman" mask.

Post 133 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 134 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@drmccoy74 - Looks like you ended up with some nice B-day presents!
Post 135 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Yes. It was a good day.
Post 136 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
Just got this today. "Pretty Woman" mask.

Prepping for Halloween! Nice!
Post 137 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Yes. It was a good day.

lucky you. only gift I got was $100 cash to be used at heroes con. hey no complaining
Post 138 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Picked these up today at a discounted price. I dug the covers.

Post 139 IP   flag post
How do I know this? Because I've done it myself. lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Been traveling a lot lately and have been meaning to post some recent pick ups.

Post 140 IP   flag post
How do I know this? Because I've done it myself. lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Vegas had a small con over the weekend called the Silver State Toy and Comics Convention. Decided to check it out, and I was pretty disappointed until I got to the last booth. It was a vendor called ShimpSons Comics, and they were awesome. Been wanting to cross X-Men 141 off my list for awhile, and this copy was super nice (and a super fair price).

Post 141 IP   flag post
This just came in

Post 142 IP   flag post
I did it recently and I think it was worth it. CoalTiger private msg quote post Address this user

Post 143 IP   flag post

just made a deal for this tec38, first appearance of Robin, the boy wonder. Coverless and centerfold trimmed but still an incredible find. Probably the biggest plus is the cover and first page is the same image
Post 144 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

just made a deal for this tec38, first appearance of Robin, the boy wonder. Coverless and centerfold trimmed but still an incredible find. Probably the biggest plus is the cover and first page is the same image

One of the few books that are incredible additions to a collection in this condition.
Post 145 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Cherry picked this unread copy out of a bundle of 30 copies.
Post 146 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user

I love Zatanna, and am enjoying the current crop of homage covers to #16. I am also an Archie fan, so when I saw this was available for preorder, I mashed the "buy" button quickly. Number 28 of 200.
Post 147 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
@James42 oh la la!

I'm a Veronica and Sabrina guy myself!
Post 148 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Picked this up today.

Post 149 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
@starlord There have been two recent Sabrina homages to Zatanna covers. I'm cautiously shopping for both, but haven't found the copies I want yet.

I bought that entire Zatanna run as it came out, even though I missed the Bolland variant covers (sadly). I'm glad she is getting more attention from DC these days, especially with the new Black Label series coming soon.
Post 150 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
@James42, are you the new @DSOT?
Post 151 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
A much more successful purchase. Difficult to find with nice registration. Tough dark cover as well. More often than not, I seem to come across the 2¢ ARVEL cover of the book.

Post 152 IP   flag post
@DrWatson The colors on the cover are very deep!! Beautiful looking book! Congrats!!
Post 153 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Appreciate it. That was one tough issue to track down. Right up there with number 48.
Post 154 IP   flag post

a couple of auction wins. The cap 3 is signed by Joe Simon and Stan Lee. I will have the restoration removed. Crazy I now own 2 cap 3 signed by Stan Lee. The Batman 181 is signed by 6 legends
Post 155 IP   flag post
619266 999 30