Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1720443

I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Got these two from a thrift store. I liked the covers.

Post 101 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
This arrived this morning. Grabbed it because the price was right & the seller said they “didn’t see anything wrong with it”. In-hand, I see a minimum of seven spine ticks on the front alone.

Oh well, still a cool book & perhaps trade fodder for the future.

Maybe the seller has cataracts.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort “Witching Hour” books are great! I pick them up anytime I see them. Very Twilight Zone-esque stories.
Post 103 IP   flag post
@sportshort Additionally, that’s one the wife is missing from her run. If you wanna sell it in the future, drop me a line (no pressure).
Post 104 IP   flag post
@DrWatson Perhaps? I gave the guy a pass because I made the mistake of not asking for additional photos.
Post 105 IP   flag post

I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Two more to add to the endeavour to complete my Eternals run.

Post 106 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
@sportshort Additionally, that’s one the wife is missing from her run. If you wanna sell it in the future, drop me a line (no pressure).

It's in pretty bad condition but I liked the cover. If you're serious about wanting it PM me, and you can have it for the 8 dollars I paid for it plus shipping.
Post 107 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Got this for $7 plus shipping on mycomicshop.com never heard of series but it looked cool, great grade, cheap and according to population report only cbcs graded copy. Got two more comics coming. m

Post 108 IP   flag post
I did it recently and I think it was worth it. CoalTiger private msg quote post Address this user

From the larry Hama signing.
Post 109 IP   flag post
I did it recently and I think it was worth it. CoalTiger private msg quote post Address this user

Post 110 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 111 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAmistoso

I'm almost speechless. @Davethebrave will be green with envy. Did you buy them as a wearable, or as a collectible?
Post 112 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Special occasions only at this point @EbayMafia...
Post 113 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
These are the first purchases of this year, nothing crazy as my funds are being directed to my books production. The Hellboy has long been on my want list.

Post 114 IP   flag post
These just in, but neither are for me.

They’re going to a couple I know. I’ve been on the hunt for a BA 12 in mid/lower grade for months. My buddy’s wife is a huge Harley fan and getting her first appearance in any grade would be huge for her. My friend is stoked to have this for her for their anniversary.

He, on the other hand, is getting the ASM 33 as an anniversary gift. He loves the story & has brought it up multiple times.

Question is, do I grade the ASM 33 (It’s probably a 2.5-3.0) & get him the Marvel Tales version for reading? Or, give him this as a “reader”?
Post 115 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Give it to him raw.
Post 116 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@starlord crack the Next Men and get a nice yellow CBCS lable!!

Maybe I'll save up for a Dime Press...one of the 3 1st appearances!!
Post 117 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user

Post 118 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Give it to him raw.
maybe pop it in a nice mylar and top loader
Post 119 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@drmccoy74 - Hope you enjoy your birthday tomorrow!
Post 120 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

Kind of along that same line, I welcomed a new addition to my collection today... my first grandkid. I'm a little partial but I think she's a keeper. 🙂

Post 121 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Thank You Sir. My daughter's are home but I may sneak out before my party and pick up this nice Showcase 17 I have my eye on.
Post 122 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@drmccoy74 ... and, I forgot to wish you happy birthday. So... happy birthday!
Post 123 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Quote:

Kind of along that same line, I welcomed a new addition to my collection today... my first grandkid. I'm a little partial but I think she's a keeper. 🙂

Congratulations!!!! 🍻
Post 124 IP   flag post
@GAC Thanks! 🍻
Post 125 IP   flag post
Being a grandfather myself, I can tell you that "there ain't nuthin' better!"

Congratulations my man!
Post 126 IP   flag post
@sportshort Thanks! I've got 3 kids but this is new territory for me. I'm really looking forward to it. 🙂
Post 127 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

my big purchase of the year. Put a bid on it so I could track it on comiclink, had no idea I won it, lost track of time during the auction and the books I really wanted to bid higher on was lost. They went under what I would have paid. Oh well, at least it has the cva sticker, lol
Post 128 IP   flag post
@Batman66 That’s pretty sweet. Especially in such premium grade.

I’ve always meant to read that series but haven’t gotten around to it.
Post 129 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim thanks, I have a 9.0 and a 9.4 if your interested.
Post 130 IP   flag post
619266 999 30