Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1720443

I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I know there have been opportunities to grab a copy of this from forum friends but I'm trying to be frugal right now. I landed this for 25 bucks. The 75 listed was a blessing as is but I found a back cover tear and 8 pages in. The impact is very precise.

Post 926 IP   flag post
22 dollars Ed. I was browsing my antique mall this weekend.

edit: You're baiting me with the House 288.
Post 927 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad - I thought of you when I picked up the Archie and the HOM.
Post 928 IP   flag post
I copy what you are layin down.
Post 929 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
@starlord They have been on my want list for a while. As usual, I arrived to the party late with v2 #37 during the Grant Morrison run. I will post more of v1 and v2 when I get the chance.
Post 930 IP   flag post

Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad Nice pick up!

Victor Kalin created the cover? I thought that was Jeffrey Catherine Jones (I will post her WW covers that I picked up when I get a chance). I dig most of the gothic romance artists.
Post 931 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
House of mystery is a double cover.

Both horror books look great but damn the guy and his packing tape. I've never seen so much used. It could have been an airplane floating device when he was done.

Post 932 IP   flag post
My Chihuahua is watching me in case I do something cool. ICConquest private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort

That's a ton of comics!

Your collection must be crazy!! Those are some excellent books I only dream of owning.

@sportshort
Thank you! I do love my collection. Iā€™m sure there are many on here whose collection would amaze both of us! šŸ˜€

As I get older I have more disposable income and less energy for traveling to weekend foosball tournaments or spending 3-4 days to catch a college/NFL game. So comics and adding to the collection of my youth has become what I really enjoy.
Post 933 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

I picked up this copy with a manufacturing defect as my reader.

Post 934 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross Nice books. I like the Harvey cover. He will probably put 12 coats on those two end boards... lol...
Bummer on the folded page in the HOM. I have a few like that.

Here are this weeks haul for me

Post 935 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67 Yep he will.
Post 936 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
These came in today.

Post 937 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 938 IP   flag post
Collector Dalkiel private msg quote post Address this user
@andy49 Nice!!!
Post 939 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
I was set up at a local comic convention and picked up these cool books and OA. The OA and Exciting Comics are signed by Mickey Clausen. The SDCC #2 was a trade I made with another dealer. Now I need Dime Press #4 for the Hellboy trio!

Post 940 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 941 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Last couple of months...

Post 942 IP   flag post
I'm sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
Found an Argentina copy of Spider-Man #300 the collection is filling out nicely!

Post 943 IP   flag post
Collector Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte

@Bronte when I saw your post I was a bit perplexed why you were posting such a low grade Archie comic, without any explanation. So I looked it up and I realized it's a pretty popular comic, because of the sexual innuendo.

Post 944 IP   flag post
@Caffeine_Kid

Not all my books are slab worthy or monetarily worth stuff. I occasionally just post what I get in. I do have some decent books in my collection but there is always someone with better stuff so I dont judge.
Post 945 IP   flag post
I keep buying dumb stuff because I'm a bit of an underground influence marketer. Oldfuzznts private msg quote post Address this user
Can't help myself sometimes. What's in one's nature will be.
Post 946 IP   flag post
I keep buying dumb stuff because I'm a bit of an underground influence marketer. Oldfuzznts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfuzznts
Can't help myself sometimes. What's in one's nature will be.

Replies to own post...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s_6xxzzcc68
Post 947 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Caffeine_Kid

Not all my books are slab worthy or monetarily worth stuff. I occasionally just post what I get in. I do have some decent books in my collection but there is always someone with better stuff so I dont judge.

hallelujah!!!
Post 948 IP   flag post
Collector Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Caffeine_Kid

@Bronte

I hope I didn't come across as being judgemental with my comment. It looked like a dollar bin book. Not that I cared if it was or wasn't. My curiosity was piqued. I was surprised to find out it was a fairly significant issue. Who am I to judge people about what they enjoy collecting?
Post 949 IP   flag post
616231 949 24