CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1720443

No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74
@Nearmint67 Birthday on a Friday!!
Party Extra Hard all weekend!
Gotta work all weekend. But I enjoyed a relaxing day today...
Post 901 IP   flag post
How do I know this? Because I've done it myself. lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 902 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@lawguy1977 awesome grabs!!
Post 903 IP   flag post
How do I know this? Because I've done it myself. lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC thanks!
Post 904 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

First time owning a slab with the new label

Bought one for me and a lower grade copy for a friend

Post 905 IP   flag post

I keep buying dumb stuff because I'm a bit of an underground influence marketer. Oldfuzznts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders

First time owning a slab with the new label

Bought one for me and a lower grade copy for a friend

Superman wearin' them burgs out! I need a copy of this
Post 906 IP   flag post
Collector oakcitycomics private msg quote post Address this user
Todays Dollar Bin finds

Post 907 IP   flag post
Collector spcardfan private msg quote post Address this user
Picked this up last week. One of my favorites. Very much considering sending it in and having it graded. It's a 9.4 or 9.6 at best.
Post 908 IP   flag post
Collector Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders

@flanders What's the scoop here? Is this a look @ your entire collection? Or did you pick up a huge haul?
Post 909 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spcardfan
Picked this up last week. One of my favorites. Very much considering sending it in and having it graded. It's a 9.4 or 9.6 at best.

What's the story on this slab (if it is a slab)? Is it just to protect the book?
Post 910 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Caffeine_Kid that's part of my collection. 11 slabs that I took some duplicate photos of since the first was a bit blury and 50 conan books.
Post 911 IP   flag post
Collector spcardfan private msg quote post Address this user
@Caffeine_Kid I'm assuming. It is signature certified by CBCS. This is the first time I've come across this label. I'm very seriously considering resubmitting it for grading.
Post 912 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, the signature has been verified, but the book itself has not been graded.
Post 913 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
got this for $20 on an auction site (its legit, but is pickup only in Charlotte) hope to one day get Amy Joe Johnson and Katherine Sutherland (she'll be Galaxy con in Raleigh) to sign

Post 914 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine_Kid
Quote:

What's the story on this slab (if it is a slab)? Is it just to protect the book?

This is the Slab-Only option CBCS has. No grading....just signature authentication...then encapsulated.
Post 915 IP   flag post
My Chihuahua is watching me in case I do something cool. ICConquest private msg quote post Address this user
These are my pick ups over the last couple weeks.

Post 916 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@ICConquest - Nice! That’s a Frazetta cover you don’t see too often.
Post 917 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user

Post 918 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 919 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICConquest
These are my pickups over the last couple of weeks.

That's a ton of comics!

Your collection must be crazy!! Those are some excellent books I only dream of owning.
Post 920 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAmistoso

@HAmistos are you by any chance needing #1 of this series? Raw. About 7.5 or 8.0 (give or take) $45 USD + postage from Canada. If interested let me know.
Post 921 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine_Kid
Quote:

This is the Slab-Only option CBCS has. No grading....just signature authentication...then encapsulated.

Thanks for clarification (to all that responded) . I guess I've never seen one before.
Post 922 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake

great pick ups! These are on my want list!
Post 923 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I spent today at the Brimfield Flea Market, which is one of the biggest flea markets in the Northeast. I walked over 6 miles, looked through dozens and dozens of long and short boxes and stacks of comics, and still didn’t see all of the flea market grounds. I managed to come home with nine comics. Some are nothing special, but a few were decent pickups. Anyone want to guess how much I spent on these nine books?
My first pickup was a newsstand X-Men from the first place I saw that had comics. After going through thousands of comics, I felt like I had to buy something.

This high grade Charlton romance comic caught my eye and was my second pickup.

After going through dozens and dozens of more boxes of drek, I snagged this diamond of a find.

Another seller had these Swamp Things and a book with a Dave Stevens cover that I knew about, but didn’t have a copy.

Then at another place, I picked up this cool Kaluta cover and a high grade SA Lois Lane.

And lastly, the third appearance of Zatanna.

So a few cool books that made it worth the trip and effort. The guy I purchased the Green Lantern from had some excellent books. For about $600 I could have picked up nice copies of Aquaman #1-3. He also had some nice SA issues of ASM and FF, among others. Maybe next time.
Post 924 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
$100?
Post 925 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I know there have been opportunities to grab a copy of this from forum friends but I'm trying to be frugal right now. I landed this for 25 bucks. The 75 listed was a blessing as is but I found a back cover tear and 8 pages in. The impact is very precise.

Post 926 IP   flag post
22 dollars Ed. I was browsing my antique mall this weekend.

edit: You're baiting me with the House 288.
Post 927 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad - I thought of you when I picked up the Archie and the HOM.
Post 928 IP   flag post
I copy what you are layin down.
Post 929 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
@starlord They have been on my want list for a while. As usual, I arrived to the party late with v2 #37 during the Grant Morrison run. I will post more of v1 and v2 when I get the chance.
Post 930 IP   flag post
616232 949 30