Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1720443

How do I know this? Because I've done it myself. lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
A few more I picked up or snagged in some auctions:

Post 576 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Just received these in the USPS today. I was sweating it because the books are large and the box was damaged when it was delivered. Still... everything looks great. Beautiful copies.

Post 577 IP   flag post
Doodoo doodoo! Mind blowing stuff, right? Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar

If you decide to not keep it, let me know. I might be interested.

Sent PM
Post 578 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Another book on my “want list”. Couldn’t find it in an affordable slab so got it raw instead.

Post 579 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Won this Adams original at auction and a couple other related items. Will post my own photos once delivered.

@steveborock Thanks for the great discussion and thoughts. Much valued and appreciated.

Post 580 IP   flag post

I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user

Post 581 IP   flag post
@Davethebrave, I’m only familiar with Adam’s work thru one title. That piece could just as easily have a House of Secrets/Mystery banner instead of Hot Wheels.

Beautiful.
Post 582 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
@Davethebrave, I’m only familiar with Adam’s work thru one title. That piece could just as easily have a House of Secrets/Mystery banner instead of Hot Wheels.

Beautiful.

I have a weak spot for Neal Adams covers. Also for Hot Wheels.

This is one of my favorite covers and I’m thrilled to add it… he had some great HOS/HOM covers that I’d also be happy to add.

Someday, maybe.
Post 583 IP   flag post
Doodoo doodoo! Mind blowing stuff, right? Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Won this Adams original at auction and a couple other related items. Will post my own photos once delivered.

@steveborock Thanks for the great discussion and thoughts. Much appreciated.

@Davethebrave That's a great acquisition. Congratulations!
Post 584 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 585 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine_Kid
Quote:

@steveborock Thanks for the great discussion and thoughts. Much appreciated.

@Davethebrave That's a great acquisition. Congratulations!

Thanks!
Post 586 IP   flag post
Collector BadlyDrawnKano private msg quote post Address this user
@HAmistoso I only discovered Spider-Gwen recently but really enjoyed the first omnibus, and plan to read the rest if I can find the trades a little cheaper than they currently are, though it's a shame Marvel haven't released further omnibuses.
Post 587 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 588 IP   flag post
Two more related auction wins. The black cover makes this book pretty scarce in high grade. Happy to say I’m done with my Hot Wheels 6 collecting.

I think.

Post 589 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Two more related auction wins. The black cover makes this book pretty scarce in high grade. Happy to say I’m done with my Hot Wheels 6 collecting.

I think.

Did you ge the color guide to that art too? lol
Post 590 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
Quote:

I think.

Did you ge the color guide to that art too? lol

Ya know, if it existed…
Post 591 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
New stuff I got a couple of days ago...

Post 592 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster Excellent batch of early bronze.
Our friend @southerncross gets some great books....
Post 593 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Another member of the rebel alliance.

Ebay seller had it priced for auction with an opening bid of $28.63 and the make an offer option available. I offered $25. The seller never responded and the offer expired. So, I bid $28.63. No one else bid. The seller waited nine days for an extra $3.63.

Post 594 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Another member of the rebel alliance.

Ebay seller had it priced for auction with an opening bid of $28.63 and the make an offer option available. I offered $25. The seller never responded and the offer expired. So, I bid $28.63. No one else bid. The seller waited nine days for an extra $3.63.

Excellent buy at cost.
Post 595 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Took advantage of the MCS flash sale (30% off Graphic Novels). Got the 6 volume Alan Moore run with slipcase. I think it's issues 20-60 or something like that:

Post 596 IP   flag post
Nice addition. I grabbed a bunch of stuff during the last flash sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Took advantage of the MCS flash sale (30% off Graphic Novels). Got the 6 volume Alan Moore run with slipcase. I think it's issues 20-60 or something like that:

Post 597 IP   flag post
I was low on packing materials so I ordered a bunch of drek from MCS.

Post 598 IP   flag post
Great covers!
Post 599 IP   flag post
Quote:

I don't know what your definition of drek is, but these are pretty nice looking Comics to me. I'm not quite sure I get the link between ordering drek and ordering from MCS. Do they give you a lot of packing material when send you stuff?

Seems to me that just buying packing material would be more cost-effective. My last shipment from Heritage came in 5 boxes with boxes 📦 inside boxes with, I would estimate, 50 feet of bubble wrap. I think that shipping to Canada was about $200 USD. Probably had 2 full rolls of blue tape wrapped around bundles of comics. Could've run over those packages with a truck and no harm to the comics.

Maybe you're being funny and I'm taking it all too seriously.
Post 600 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Nice gets! HOS #81 has been on my want list for a long time.
Post 601 IP   flag post
New batch of my favorite boxes from Uline. Buying packing materials is more effective than ordering comics for the boxes, sheesh.

Post 602 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
What model do you usually get?
Post 603 IP   flag post
I can get the supply number later but it’s their 18x12x8 double corrugated. 275 lb test.
Post 604 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad Cool books, dude! I had to go right on the bay and order one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/116228308923?itmmeta=01J1CXE06JX2108PZDH1TCPRE2&hash=item1b0fbf3fbb%3Ag%3AgIkAAOSw719l3AFb&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA0FCKQrSnmofMNL29KMgccibARSbiPSu4IFf61eL0lblK1zNtNAdHjLEWzeIW%2FstI%2FLRnHfEqyybVpjLAiyQe8OC7N5GpUCYqUF90zDIe%2FFAtCYIX7Efpif4qo5UiWVUsyvkBvg0h3LWqHQsY6c4wETKyHAZd2ADtOuRHqhJ16voxrUSeib%2BhA9x8sMmH9wW0EGachK0jlZ09fvo1UeBLiyDLu51zMYFNyeCpNSlNSfb3HGJQu%2F2J%2BccMSFRsN00U2PAJER81sdv8rICA6Eo2uuY%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR7aDuJ2LZA&LH_Auction=1
Post 605 IP   flag post
619266 999 30