Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1720443

Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user

Also back from cgc.
Post 551 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

a couple more auction wins
Post 552 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 That Nick Fury was a great buy for 2 cents cover... Very nice..
Post 553 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Ah, yes, the 2ยข Arvel. The bane of my existence.
Post 554 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 very cool to see a B&B 54 in such good condition. They usually look very well loved when I find them.
Post 555 IP   flag post

I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 The AF15 is awesome, but that custom label is horrible. Just my personal taste but it would go back for a reholder if in our collection.
Post 556 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Came in today, my first jungle comics.
Post 557 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 558 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
@Batman66 The AF15 is awesome, but that custom label is horrible. Just my personal taste but it would go back for a reholder if in our collection.
Why risk it? The book does look great. With all the funny business going on right now I would leave it alone. I don't want to see a @Batman66 thread about how his AF15 got damaged,swapped,lost or stolen.
Post 559 IP   flag post
Collector Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

a couple more auction wins

@Batman66 Congrats on your latest acquisitions.Some pretty nice books you've got there. Amazing Fantasy 15, in any grade, is awesome to have in anyone's collection.

May I ask what auction do you use? I'm discontinuing use of Heritage. (Easier said than done.) I need a good place to park my bids.
Post 560 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Wambi is new to me. I like it ๐Ÿ‘Œ. So many different and interesting GA titles.

I've been trying to specialize on GA books. I still buy newer books on occasion but I'm trying to save my Canadian pesos for oldies but goodies.
Post 561 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine_Kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Wambi is new to me. I like it ๐Ÿ‘Œ. So many different and interesting GA titles.

I've been trying to specialize on GA books. I still buy newer books on occasion but I'm trying to save my Canadian pesos for oldies but goodies.

Thanks!

Price was right from these guys: https://shopcbacomics.com/ they're a Canadian shop with good prices.
Post 562 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

Thanks!

Price was right from these guys: https://shopcbacomics.com/ they're a Canadian shop with good prices.

Hey thanks, GAC And Canadian to boot! I will try them on for size.

On a side note, my last hurrah at Heritage was supposed to be a Whiz Comics #5 6.5. I was determined to get it and was prepared to pay heavily for it (and #17 7.5 if #5 didn't break my bank account.) Unfortunately I am afflicted with a disorder that seizes up my body and I can't move even a finger sometimes. Anyway I put an initial bid in of $1,800 a while back. I was enjoying the live auction with great anticipation of winning Whiz #5. And wouldn't you know it, about 5 minutes before they got to the Whizes my body seized up tight.I might as well been encased in cement. Then my phone screen timed out and went black a minute later. I didn't find out if I won or not for several hours. To make a too long story even longer, you can probably guess the outcome: Whiz #5 sold for $2,640 (in real money).

Darn and blast!

(Edit to correct price)
Post 563 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

That sounds like I said it. I feel the same way about the golden age jungle books, they have amazing art.
Post 564 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Caffeine_Kid

I hope you are kidding. That sounds like an awful problem to have.

Hopefully something can be done for it in future.
Post 565 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@Caffeine_Kid

I hope you are kidding. That sounds like an awful problem to have.

Hopefully something can be done for it in future.

Thanks @Bronte. Unfortunately I wish I was kidding. I've been stuck with getting stuck for 8 years now. At least it's extremely painful at times and only puts me out of commission 3 or 4 times a day, for hours at a time. No one can tell me what it is or how to stop it. The good news is I also have Parkinson's Disease. Some people have all the luck.

My motto is "Life sucks and then you die." Something to look forward to.
Post 566 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Well, I gotta say that is a tough one to digest. Dont give up hope. My buddy's daughter had seizures literally every day in her early teens. Finally heard of an experimental surgery and tried it a few years ago. No major seizures since. Maybe something can be done for you too.

In the meantime, hopefully comics bring you some joy.
Post 567 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Well, I gotta say that is a tough one to digest. Dont give up hope. My buddy's daughter had seizures literally every day in her early teens. Finally heard of an experimental surgery and tried it a few years ago. No major seizures since. Maybe something can be done for you too.

In the meantime, hopefully comics bring you some joy.

@Bronte Yes, comics do bring me joy. My spouse doesn't necessarily see it that way. But hey, isn't that what spouses are for?

Thanks for your kind words of encouragement ๐Ÿ˜Š
Post 568 IP   flag post

Picked this one up today "just because"
Don't know that I will keep it.

Edit replaced photo with better color rendition. The original was way off because of poor lighting.
Post 569 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Caffeine_Kid so sorry to hear about your condition and horrible timing to boot. The auction house I bought these from are called cbbauctions.com. They are on Instagram @comic_book_boys, they are really good friends of mine. We've been buying and selling to each other for years, jamo and Chris started up this auction last year or so and they have been going great. They have a new auction starting this Friday I believe. The collector that the B&B54 and nick fury 1 came from is auctioning off Ironman 1-100 all in 9.8's coming up in a few weeks
Post 570 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@Caffeine_Kid . . . The auction house I bought these from are called cbbauctions.com. They are on Instagram @comic_book_boys, they are really good friends of mine. We've been buying and selling to each other for years, jamo and Chris started up this auction last year or so and they have been going great. They have a new auction starting this Friday I believe. The collector that the B&B54 and nick fury 1 came from is auctioning off Ironman 1-100 all in 9.8's coming up in a few weeks

@Batman66 Thanks very much for your comments and recommendation. I will check out your friends' auctions!

I can't imagine the time it takes to get the Ironman run all in 9.8. I can't imagine myself owning them and auctioning them off.

Thanks again and have a great day ๐Ÿ˜€
Post 571 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user

Post 572 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user

Post 573 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Picked this one up today "just because"
Don't know that I will keep it.

If you decide to not keep it, let me know. I might be interested.
Post 574 IP   flag post
How do I know this? Because I've done it myself. lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Been meaning to post recent books but past few months have just been nuts. After the Jim Lee signing that's coming up, I will have my Hush run signed by Jim Lee completed:

Post 575 IP   flag post
How do I know this? Because I've done it myself. lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
A few more I picked up or snagged in some auctions:

Post 576 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Just received these in the USPS today. I was sweating it because the books are large and the box was damaged when it was delivered. Still... everything looks great. Beautiful copies.

Post 577 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar

If you decide to not keep it, let me know. I might be interested.

Sent PM
Post 578 IP   flag post
Another book on my โ€œwant listโ€. Couldnโ€™t find it in an affordable slab so got it raw instead.

Post 579 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Won this Adams original at auction and a couple other related items. Will post my own photos once delivered.

@steveborock Thanks for the great discussion and thoughts. Much valued and appreciated.

Post 580 IP   flag post
615415 937 30