Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1720443

I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
I loved that Eternals issue where they fight the cosmic hulk or something.
I literally read that back in the late 70s and was in awe of Ikaris who ... like... couldn't die vs. a version of the Hulk that was completely unstoppable.

I don't remember the rest but it was almost 50 years ago.

Agreed and it's my favourite cover from the run.

Post 526 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
@GAC Congratulations!!

What's next?

Selling an Eternals run, lol.
Post 527 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 528 IP   flag post
How do I know this? Because I've done it myself. lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC Congrats!
Post 529 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC what about the 30cent and 35 cent variants for eternals, just saying
Post 530 IP   flag post

Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC #1-18 have UK price variants. Embrace the power of the pence.
Post 531 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@lawguy1977 Thanks!!

@Batman66 @Studley_Dudley That's true but the art and story are the same so for me, I consider this a complete run. Having those books would be very cool though.

I know the 30c and 35c price variants carry a premium...is that the same for the pence copies? Or do they go for roughly the same as the regular cents copies?
Post 532 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross ohhhhhhh ohhhhhh ohhhhh that Superman/Spider-man treasury. Damn!!! - that looks like a really high grade book!
Post 533 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC The most expensive part of the pence copies is having them shipped to you. I wouldn't think there are any premiums on pence copies of Eternals. Maybe for a super high grade #1 but that would be it.
Post 534 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
@GAC Congratulations!!

What's next?

Selling an Eternals run, lol.

๐Ÿคฃ
Post 535 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
Quote:
Originally Posted by James42
@Caffeine_Kid @OGJackster @DrWatson I like looking at Heritage, but their buyer's and seller's premiums border on the obscene.

I recently bought a comic off Heritage for the first time. Won a DD #1 CGC 4.0 for $2300. I thought I got a pretty good deal. Then I got the invoice ... over $3000!

I'll never use them again.

before you confirm you bid it clearly states what the total cost (ex shipping) is incl premium. where did it go wrong?
Post 536 IP   flag post
Doodoo doodoo! Mind blowing stuff, right? Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
My Eternals run has now been completed

That's great ๐Ÿ‘. Congratulations!
Post 537 IP   flag post
Doodoo doodoo! Mind blowing stuff, right? Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
@Caffeine_Kid I'm the same way. I've been with them for over 22 years and bought this Mad #1 in 2003 for
$920.00. I only get stuff from them now if it's something I REALLY want or if it's a good deal, which rarely happens anymore lol!

That's a nice book. I'm sure I will have to cough up a lot more cash to get a copy now. As much as I complain about Heritage I've purchased about 115 books there. They do have a comprehensive website. The best I've seen.

I MUST STAY AWAY FROM HERITAGE.

I will resist the temptation once my current bids are exhausted. Great place to go if you're needing to unload a lot of cash.
Post 538 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy49
ebay had some mid-grades posted recently, maybe go check those out

@Andy49 your profile picture freaks me out. LOL ๐Ÿ˜†
Post 539 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
Quote:
Originally Posted by James42
@Caffeine_Kid @OGJackster @DrWatson I like looking at Heritage, but their buyer's and seller's premiums border on the obscene.

I recently bought a comic off Heritage for the first time. Won a DD #1 CGC 4.0 for $2300. I thought I got a pretty good deal. Then I got the invoice ... over $3000!

I'll never use them again.

before you confirm you bid it clearly states what the total cost (ex shipping) is incl premium. where did it go wrong?

I probably just missed it ... that's my bad. I was probably thinking they were just like CL, as in the price is the price ... none of this BP crap. I really don't understand the purpose of those BP's, but as I said, I'll never be using them again so I'm not really in a hurry to learn.
Post 540 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine_Kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy49
ebay had some mid-grades posted recently, maybe go check those out

some mad paperback original art by George Woodbridge
Post 541 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine_Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy49

some mad paperback original art by George Woodbridge

That's a great image ๐Ÿ‘Œ. It deserves a nice frame and put on display.
Post 542 IP   flag post
Collector BadlyDrawnKano private msg quote post Address this user
I found this in a charity shop today:

Admittedly I lost touch with Tank Girl a long time ago, but I didn't know that Peter Milligan had ever written a mini-series, and I love his run on Shade The Changing Man, so I'm hoping it'll be a fun read.
Post 543 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
On vacation in Florida went to a vintage toy shop, found these (are from power rangers shogun megazord set) for $10 each. Just need red, black and white
Post 544 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
I may or may not have seen this somewhere before. Nell's in the backyard napping or I'd have gotten a picture of her with it.

Post 545 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
At the con today

I picked up another second appearance of Brainiac because they are so cheap.
I have think I may have five but definitely know I have four.
They'll never go up in price yet I see them for under twenty bucks and just scoop them up as they are not common.
Post 546 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 547 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up today from Kim DeMulder (long time DC/Marvel artist) at Garden State Comic Fest in NJ today.
Ripley is in a classic pose; and he made me a deal I couldn't refuse.
14X17

Post 548 IP   flag post

Post 549 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user

Back from cgc.

Second highest copy on the census. Only one 9.6, all other copies 9.2s and lower.
Post 550 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user

Also back from cgc.
Post 551 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

a couple more auction wins
Post 552 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 That Nick Fury was a great buy for 2 cents cover... Very nice..
Post 553 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Ah, yes, the 2ยข Arvel. The bane of my existence.
Post 554 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 very cool to see a B&B 54 in such good condition. They usually look very well loved when I find them.
Post 555 IP   flag post
619266 999 30