Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1720443

I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967 thanks i've picked up a few raw copies, had them graded and wasn't happy with the grade. Still have a nice raw copy that I haven't graded but nowhere near as nice as this one. Show a pic of your copy
Post 501 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Here's mine, @Batman66...

Post 502 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967 @Batman66 Pffft!!

I got you guys beat by a mile!!!! 😉

Post 503 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@DWeeB1967 @Batman66 Pffft!!

I got you guys beat by a mile!!!! 😉

Still a great book regardless and yours presents really well.
Post 504 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967 Cheers and thank you!!!

Both your books are beautiful!! Congrats!!
Post 505 IP   flag post

I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
got this a few weeks ago, but forgot to post.
Been on my watchlist for quite some time.
I have found Whitman beaters here and there, but high grade is friggin tough.
I have 9.8, 9.6's, and 9.4's of the "gold key", but zero whitmans
Still prayin' those Russo's go nuts with this franchise .... some .... day.

Post 506 IP   flag post
My Chihuahua is watching me in case I do something cool. ICConquest private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure what I have here. Any help would be appreciated on value and proper terms. These are from Charlton mostly from late 60’s as far as I can tell. I do not see any others around and believe Charlton had a fire at their storage facility in the 70’s.

Post 507 IP   flag post
I keep buying dumb stuff because I'm a bit of an underground influence marketer. Oldfuzznts private msg quote post Address this user
Fresh.
Post 508 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967 wow, that is a good candidate for a 9.8, beautiful book
Post 509 IP   flag post
@Batman66 Thanks!
Post 510 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 @DWeeB1967 Those are gorgeous copies.
@GAC Yours is very nice. Looks nicer than the grade. The colors are deep.
Post 511 IP   flag post
Doodoo doodoo! Mind blowing stuff, right? Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy49
heritage has some nice ones that will be auctioned soon

I am trying hard to ween off Heritage. That's where I got my current Mad Comics. I keep making the mistake of saying to myself, "I will just have a quick look at what's coming up. "

That is not a good strategy. Hasn't worked so far. Their shipping costs to Canada are a killer.
Post 512 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@Caffeine_Kid I'm the same way. I've been with them for over 22 years and bought this Mad #1 in 2003 for
$920.00. I only get stuff from them now if it's something I REALLY want or if it's a good deal, which rarely happens anymore lol!

Post 513 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I refuse to even go to the website. They can bid on their own stuff.
Post 514 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
probably how halparin built his collection
Post 515 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
@Caffeine_Kid @OGJackster @DrWatson I like looking at Heritage, but their buyer's and seller's premiums border on the obscene.
Post 516 IP   flag post
Doodoo doodoo! Mind blowing stuff, right? Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by James42
@Caffeine_Kid @OGJackster @DrWatson I like looking at Heritage, but their buyer's and seller's premiums border on the obscene.

Yeah, don't get me started on buyer's fee. On three recent wins the bids totaled $76.00 and the buyer robbery, I mean buyer's fee, was $163 or 115%. I don’t know what the Seller's premium is but I'm thinking it's probably not awesome for the se1ler.

For me and my fellow Canucks the price goes up (of course) when the exchange rate adds 27% plus brokerage fees. Heritage isn't responsible for these additional costs. Just another bitter pill to swallow when using their service.

Some may say bidders take those costs into account when bidding, but if you do it's tough getting good deals. I wasn't having much luck in winning, good deal or not because taking the high bidding costs and shipping into consideration I rarely got books. So now I've resigned myself to bidding way above my previous levels and suck up the huge additional costs.

Can't deny they get great books for their Auctions.
Post 517 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
ebay had some mid-grades posted recently, maybe go check those out
Post 518 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by James42

I recently bought a comic off Heritage for the first time. Won a DD #1 CGC 4.0 for $2300. I thought I got a pretty good deal. Then I got the invoice ... over $3000!

I'll never use them again.
Post 519 IP   flag post
The only time I buy from HA is when a really rare book that almost never turns up comes up for auction. I think I've only bought from them twice.
Post 520 IP   flag post
My Eternals run has now been completed.

Post 521 IP   flag post
@GAC Congratulations!!

What's next?
Post 522 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
@GAC Congratulations!!

What's next?

Thanks!!

I'll continue with my bronze age Joker run. The series had only 9 issues. I need 4 more.

Post 523 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I loved that Eternals issue where they fight the cosmic hulk or something.
I literally read that back in the late 70s and was in awe of Ikaris who ... like... couldn't die vs. a version of the Hulk that was completely unstoppable.

I don't remember the rest but it was almost 50 years ago.
Post 524 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
No problem with Heritage. I just factor the buyer’s premium into my bids.

I understand they attract high quality / high value issues - because they also have a deep buyer pool. That said, for books at more modest price points and with broad appeal, it seems sellers are giving up a lot (since buyers consider the premium in their bids, the amount many SELLERs net is lower than other channels).

Of course the reality is sellers will give up a lot to avoid scammers, flakes, etc… just shows the price everyone pays because of the cruddy fraudsters…
Post 525 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
I loved that Eternals issue where they fight the cosmic hulk or something.
I literally read that back in the late 70s and was in awe of Ikaris who ... like... couldn't die vs. a version of the Hulk that was completely unstoppable.

I don't remember the rest but it was almost 50 years ago.

Agreed and it's my favourite cover from the run.

Post 526 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
@GAC Congratulations!!

What's next?

Selling an Eternals run, lol.
Post 527 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 528 IP   flag post
How do I know this? Because I've done it myself. lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC Congrats!
Post 529 IP   flag post
@GAC what about the 30cent and 35 cent variants for eternals, just saying
Post 530 IP   flag post
619266 999 30