Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1720443

I got screwed six ways to Sunday. sborock_ComicLink private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross Happy belated! ✨
Post 376 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I finally got around to getting a copy of this, too.

Post 377 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
I finally got around to getting a copy of this, too.

One of my mysteries in all of "comicdom" is that I can find these Astonishing Tales #13's quite regularly in high grade; but #12? - forget about it. I have no clue why.
These two issues are 1 month apart from each other and that #12 in high grade is like trying to find a solid piece of Gold in my backyard stream.

I have found this situation; and still find this situation to be so freakin' strange.
Post 378 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@ICConquest Over the years I've collected comic-related stamps too...

Post 379 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Got notified that the HOS 92 I bought two cons ago received the PLOD. 😤

Trying to figure out how to handle this. The vendor I got it from calls me his best customer. I certainly don’t want to sour our business relationship.

Do I flip it, take the hit and talk to him at the next show? It’s a $3-$400 loss as far as out-of-pocket expense. But potential value loss over Universal is higher.

Not to mention, the grade is 2.5 grades below his estimation. (4.5 as opposed to 7.0).
Post 380 IP   flag post

I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Got notified that the HOS 92 I bought two cons ago received the PLOD. 😤

Trying to figure out how to handle this. The vendor I got it from calls me his best customer. I certainly don’t want to sour our business relationship.

Do I flip it, take the hit and talk to him at the next show? It’s a $3-$400 loss as far as out-of-pocket expense. But potential value loss over Universal is higher.

Not to mention, the grade is 2.5 grades below his estimation. (4.5 as opposed to 7.0).

You have to take it back to him.

If you're his best customer then he wants to keep it that way.

If you dont take it back and deny him the opportunity to make it right....you'll subconsciously or even consciously distance yourself from him.

He wants to make it right. You did nothing wrong. You believed what you were buying on his word. He made a mistake...not you. Mistakes happen and that's ok....now what he does next is of extreme importance. What he does next will prove if you are his best customer and/or show if he stands by his word and his books.
Post 381 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC Yeah. I was thinking that. At the very least, see what he will do.
Post 382 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
@GAC Yeah. I was thinking that. At the very least, see what he will do.

Best of luck!! 🍻
Post 383 IP   flag post
Here are 2 new ones...

Post 384 IP   flag post
I'm sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
Super excited to add these to the collection. Very rare Iceland editions
Post 385 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Got this to bring to heroes con for Jurgens to sign. do have an original tpb from the 90s but took really bad care of it. so not worth getting it signed. saw it at Ollie's and got it
Post 386 IP   flag post
It's chicken Monday. Rush_is_a_band private msg quote post Address this user

Got this from my comic shop. As part of FCBD this year, some customers there who work at Fangoria printed 1000 of these and handed them out.
Would love to get it graded, but not sure it’s an “official” release????
It’s comic size, not the regular magazine size issue.
Post 387 IP   flag post
Oh yea, just got these!

Post 388 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these in from Coffin Comics:

Post 389 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Oh yea, just got these!

Oh man…. That issue 2. Congrats, I’m jealous.
Post 390 IP   flag post
My Chihuahua is watching me in case I do something cool. ICConquest private msg quote post Address this user

Love this Alter Ego I just got! Also grabbed the last Silver Surfer I needed for the complete Vol 1 run.
Post 391 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user

Minor key upgrade for me last week
Post 392 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Found these at a lcs in Hawaii
Already have a issue 1 but they were all $8 each so bought them all.
Post 393 IP   flag post
slowly completing the series.

Post 394 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this. Very minor professional restoration made it afordable.

Post 395 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
My pickups the last month or so (and reasons why).
The trick for me is finding from upper mid-level grade to high grade. (not easy to find).
The "low grade is better than no grade" doesn't work for me.
A professional press is scheduled for all.

1st Magilla Gorilla in a comic
1st Snagglepuss in a comic book (Quick Draw McGraw #5)
1st Tasmanian Devil in a comic (difficult to find in mid grade and above)
1st Silver Age Flash Gordon (high grade)
1st Luther Arkwright in a comic (U.K. based and oversized)
(95% sure) - 1st Photo cover of Clint Eastwood
Early Wizard of Oz (careful with this one as there are a few reprints of these)
1st Gunsmoke in VF+ area

Post 396 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Found this at a habitat for humanity for $6. Seen prices online from $15 to $75 for this edition
Post 397 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
May purchases ... still a ways to go till June.

Post 398 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
May purchases ... still a ways to go till June.

A cover swipe, who knew??
Post 399 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
There's a lot of them.
Post 400 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
There's a lot of them.

I know it's been a thing for a long time, but I had no idea it was from that long ago.
Post 401 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

auction wins, the worlds finest is a double cover, the 1932 Kellogg is one of two. The x-0 is the printing error, for $28, why not. My favorite is the Joe Giella sketch
Post 402 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Picked these up today so new to me for now...but will probably end up selling them

Post 403 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
It was magazine day today picking up some titles my LCS doesn't stock along with visiting the Monster mag short box I’ve been picking from.

To bad the Magazine cover contest is over.

So much to read in these. Black and white on newsprint.

Check out the Mag sized books from DSTLRY. You'll recognize the writers and the books are beautiful. They are 8.99, I won't hide that. Spectregraph was awesome.

Giggity.......

Post 404 IP   flag post
Doodoo doodoo! Mind blowing stuff, right? Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Latest additions to my Golden Age collection

1953 White pages Not very many GA books still have white pages. And this one looks like it's been around the block a few times considering the grade.

1944 Rockford Pedigree Nice grade given the year.

1947 l like anything EC

Post 405 IP   flag post
619266 999 30