Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1720443

Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 276 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 277 IP   flag post
Collector Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Some additions to my collection. Got more successful bids than I usually do. Usually I get 5 to 10% success rate. Probably 40% win rate this time around.

First issue of Mad in magazine format

Last issue of Mad in comic book format

Issue 22

Issue 17

Issue 16

Issue 3

Issue 6

Issue 10

Only Captain Marvel would have a story about battling yeast

Post 278 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Just the one for me. I think I've seen it somewhere before... This auction house provided a back cover scan. Kudos to them.

Beautiful book. It's much nicer in hand than the MCS scans.

Post 279 IP   flag post
No idea why I bid on this one. Twitchy auction finger, I guess. Maybe I will trade it for something I actually collect or sell it. I don't have any other FF in my collection. Except for a FF Big Little Book

Post 280 IP   flag post

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine_Kid
No idea why I bid on this one. Twitchy auction finger, I guess. Maybe I will trade it for something I actually collect or sell it. I don't have any other FF in my collection. Except for a FF Big Little Book

Good grab. That’s a highly regarded FF story. I don’t collect FF & I would have thrown in a low bid.
Post 281 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad

Edit: Ice Cream Man is cool. I have volume 1-8 on tpb.

I think he'd pretty much have to be, being Ice Cream Man and all. 😉
Post 282 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 283 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
UPS notified me that they delivered a DELL/Gold Key collection I won off of e-bay. Unfortunately, I won’t be home until Friday to open it. 😔

Post 284 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Some Doctor Doom covers for us tonight!

Post 285 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 286 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

what do you collect that you'd consider a trade for?
Post 287 IP   flag post
Hi @GAC. Thanks for the question. I collect

> EC titles (GA)
> Golden Age titles with Captain Marvel and / or family,
> Green Hornet (GA)
> Shadow Comics (GA)
> The Spirit
> Super Heroes (GA)
> Any GA titles I find interesting in mid grade or higher.
> Anything interesting from Silver Age
Post 288 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
just got back some slight upgrades to my permanent collect...Now, if you have some upgrades to these that you'd be willing to sell to me or put in the June 10th CBCS 10th Anniversary Auction at CBCS, please do let me know.

Post 289 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 290 IP   flag post

Love your avatar quote (if that's what it's called). I get a kick out of it every time I see it.)
Post 291 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

what do you collect that you'd consider a trade for?

@GAC What do you have that you'd be willing to part with? Doesn't have to be one-to-one trade. I am willing to take a couple of books that make the value equitable.
Post 292 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

this was the only book I won at todays pba auction, was working and was difficult to toggle between work and comics. Just love this LB Cole cover
Post 293 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Now, if you have some upgrades to these that you'd be willing to sell to me or put in the June 10th CBCS 10th Anniversary Auction at CBCS, please do let me know.

We have 9.4's of a few of those Surfer issues at MCS you could crossover. If you wanted to work something out direct without the MCS fees I can certainly recall them.
Post 294 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 295 IP   flag post
been buying a bunch of trade paperbacks to bring to heroes con to get signed.

a Simpsons one for Bill Morisson
Harley Quinn for Amanda conner
a foxtrot for Bill Amend
a book of different people doing jack Kirby characters (several names in it at convention)
Rick and Morty for Kyle starks

looking to buy wonder woman 77 vol 2 for Amy chu next
Post 296 IP   flag post
Quote:
Some additions to my collection. Got more successful bids than I usually do. Usually I get 5 to 10% success rate. Probably 40% win rate this time around.

How could this book only be missing page 1, as per the label? Last time I checked < insert smart-ass remark here > comic pages always had 2 sides. Now I'm wondering what's going on with the 2 pages that are attached to the other half of the wrap. 🤔 Are there really 4 pages missing? Well, says I, the Grader's Notes will have more details because of the brevity required on labels. Nope. According to the CGC grader(s) the only page missing is page 1. What's up with that?

I'm no expert by any means, but I think major flaws such as missing multiple pages should be noted. Maybe the page is there but it's blank 🤔. Am I being unduly picky?

It's a mystery (to my feeble brain anyway). Maybe I should crack it open to see what's going on. My winning bid was only $12 (before the 250% buyer's premium of $29 was added).

Maybe I should leave it a mystery just in case I need something to lose sleep over.
Post 297 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
One possibility is that there is an ad on the flip side that doesn't count as a story page.
Post 298 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

this was the only book I won at todays pba auction, was working and was difficult to toggle between work and comics. Just love this LB Cole cover

I bid on a few books but prices just went too high to make sense
Post 299 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@poka friends of mine bought 14 books including the gangsters can't win #2 6.0. Paid 3750 if I remember right. They are the guys who bought and sold the Bobby blue collection. They made about 2 million off that collection
Post 300 IP   flag post
ordered a trade paperback of Blue Beetle vol #2 road trip to have Cully Hammer to sign at heroes con.

still trying to figure out what to have Dan Jurgens sign.

I got plenty of Booster Gold issues. But I want something different. thinking of finding a trade paperback....or Funko pop (have him sign box) or hope to buy something at convention
Post 301 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecollector
How does everyone store there TPB just curious

A shoebox. Some of the smaller ones I might bag and put in a short box but most of the time, it's an old shoebox.
Post 302 IP   flag post
shelf, bins....storage.
Post 303 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

If that’s more dollar store pickups; I’m moving to Canada.
Post 304 IP   flag post
My Chihuahua is watching me in case I do something cool. ICConquest private msg quote post Address this user

I got Electro to go with his 1st & 2nd appearances
Post 305 IP   flag post
602975 348 30