Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1720443

"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
continued....

I don't think there's anything wrong with unsolicited purchase requests. We are all collectors...buyers of comics on a forum where people buy and sell comics. I will say though that if you solicit a purchase request you need to be prepared to pay close to FMV.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
close to FMV? for raw books that would depend on condition which is hard to determine between 2 people, hence the need for slabs.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
close to FMV? for raw books that would depend on condition which is hard to determine between 2 people, hence the need for slabs.

I'm not sure what you mean by your post.

The meaning of my post is in response to "asking boardies who post books new to their collections if they are for sale". Whatever book it may be...raw or slabbed....Personally, I don't think it's a problem to ask someone if they're willing to sell their book.....but if you do ask, you have to be prepared to pay FMV or close to it.

Obviously, if raw, condition/FMV etc. would need to be agreed upon.
Post 4 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
There are some possible uncomfortable responses: "I wasn't planning on selling it, but since there is so much interest, I guess I would consider offers. What'd you have in mind big baller"

This reminds me of the time I asked if your Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends #1 CBCS 9.8 was for sale. I'm not sure whose balls got the better squeeze out of that deal. I thought we both came away happy.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
There are some possible uncomfortable responses: "I wasn't planning on selling it, but since there is so much interest, I guess I would consider offers. What'd you have in mind big baller"

This reminds me of the time I asked if your Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends #1 CBCS 9.8 was for sale. I'm not sure whose balls got the better squeeze out of that deal. I thought we both came away happy.

I love that book and I remember when you bought that....it inspired to buy to that book as well. I got an 8.0 shortly after you bought yours.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

I suspect that you and I both prefer to avoid back-and-forth negotiations and start at a price that is fairly likely to be the final price. I agree, no balls were harmed in the making of that deal.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I did it recently and I think it was worth it. CoalTiger private msg quote post Address this user

Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:

I love that book and I remember when you bought that....it inspired to buy to that book as well. I got an 8.0 shortly after you bought yours.

I believe this might have been my first time being an inspiration to someone. I probably land more in the disappointment category.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:

I believe this might have been my first time being an inspiration to someone. I probably land more in the disappointment category.

lol! Your comic collection is so good and high grade that it also inspired me to up my comic collecting game and buy the highest grades I can, so there's a second time you've inspired me! ๐Ÿป
Post 10 IP   flag post
I keep buying dumb stuff because I'm a bit of an underground influence marketer. Oldfuzznts private msg quote post Address this user
Really enjoying the CBCS signature events. Looking forward to getting some of my childhood collection signed
Post 11 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Personally almost everything I post is up for sale ๐Ÿ˜
Post 12 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
Nice books.
Post 13 IP   flag post
My Chihuahua is watching me in case I do something cool. ICConquest private msg quote post Address this user
I just received this yesterday. I still canโ€™t believe I own it! Itโ€™s complete and the cover is attached. I am guessing 1.5-1.8 Raw.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
Might be going to jail for this one

Got the Carson city. Two of the card grails. 5 more grails to go. Then after that just upgrades m
Post 15 IP   flag post
I watched this book for a long time. The price finally came down to something I was wiling to pay. It's a very pretty 9.2. You can see a staple rub or two on the back, but that's nothing unusual for a Marvel square bound. It looks more like a 9.4 to me. However, I'm just a lowly collector of 45 years. What do I know? Proud to own it for a lot less than the other 9.4s on eBay.

Post 16 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I watched this book for a long time. The price finally came down to something I was wiling to pay. It's a very pretty 9.2. You can see a staple rub or two on the back, but that's nothing unusual for a Marvel square bound. It looks more like a 9.4 to me. However, I'm just a lowly collector of 45 years. What do I know? Proud to own it for a lot less than the other 9.4s on eBay.

@DrWatson Way to stay with it. I seldom have the patience to wait on a book to come down. I'm glad it worked out.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson congrats, it's a hard book to find in high grade.
This copy here was the nice enough raw for me to pick up and after grading only a 8.5.

Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
after 30 years of trying to find this i have, in an old antique store, he had some comics laying around but this was on the wall and told me he could not sell it cause it look like it was in a fire, he told me $25 cause it was singed, and said he didn't know much about comics, and never heard of that book. so i made the deal and ran, it look to be in great conduction.

Post 19 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
bought "Batman: The adventures continue #8" to get graded in a few months. its really just a random comic. no value but it has a cool christmas cover. I wanted a comic with a christmas themed cover to put out every december.

originally wanted any of Batman/Santa Clause silent knight but comic shop was sold out. found this in their back issue boxes

(not actual copy. but is issue)
Post 20 IP   flag post
It's chicken Monday. Rush_is_a_band private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
continued....

I don't think there's anything wrong with unsolicited purchase requests. We are all collectors...buyers of comics on a forum where people buy and sell comics. I will say though that if you solicit a purchase request you need to be prepared to pay close to FMV.

Sorry for the delay in my reply. Never a problem making a purchase request. I may sell eventually, but I do want to get it to CBCS first.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user

Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Dalkiel private msg quote post Address this user
@Gaard Great covers dude!!
Post 23 IP   flag post
Latest purchase. This completes my Forever People run in 9.0 or higher.

Post 24 IP   flag post
My Chihuahua is watching me in case I do something cool. ICConquest private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC That is a beautiful collection. Congratulations!
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICConquest
@GAC That is a beautiful collection. Congratulations!

Thank you!! ๐Ÿป
Post 26 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC, That is straight-up awesome! Congrats.
Post 27 IP   flag post
@sportshort Thanks!!๐Ÿป
Post 28 IP   flag post
Those books are trippy, man.
Post 29 IP   flag post
I keep buying dumb stuff because I'm a bit of an underground influence marketer. Oldfuzznts private msg quote post Address this user

What do you make of this? Worth grading?
Post 30 IP   flag post
611390 748 30