Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

I just found this collection app…20433

Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I just found the Comic Geeks app and it’s pretty good. So far it’s easy to use, seems very comprehensive, and I don’t have to enter details myself. I’ve struggled to find a good collecting app. Others are good in one area or the other and I might have to enter my own details and cover art or even create an entire entry for a book (lame).

Searching a series lists sub categories for single issues, Annuals, TPB. Lists all variants including facsimiles and reprints in their own sub categories within a category. As seen with Spider-man 1 31 variants including all original, error, reprint, and facsimile. I did not know there were so many variations of Spawn from different distributors as seen in the screen shots some covering only the first few issues. I am going to keep using this app and feel it out more. It does offer som basic low/high values, which is nice and wouldn’t expect anything more for a free app. I don’t know how it’s free and I’m not going to complain.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector XMYTHICxAtlas private msg quote post Address this user
Have to give it a look. I've been looking for a good app to use for my collection.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
My only gripe as of just now is searching title and issue number together does not seem to work. Only title then filtering through for a specific number.
Post 3 IP   flag post
That's not to bad. Does it have a kinda collection sections for graded and raw?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by XMYTHICxAtlas
That's not to bad. Does it have a kinda collection sections for graded and raw?
in your collection comic details you can add grade/condition, price paid and tags. Tags would groups those books so I guess you could group slabs that way. It looks like you can only add a single copy to your collection. I suppose you could add how many copies and conditions in the notes box in details.

I tagged Spider-man 1 and Spawn 1 with CBCS and they are grouped in a quick filter on the Collection home page.

3 comics in collection 2 in tagged group.

Post 5 IP   flag post
Thanks for the answers think I'll go ahead and give it a download
Post 6 IP   flag post
Are you ios or android? I can't seem to find in the play store for android.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I had to re-enter my comic list from Lotus123 into Excel a few decades ago...now I'm kind of locked into that as an inventory system
Post 8 IP   flag post
I’m confused on the direction of this app. It’s focused on tracking new releases and reading status, but with how comprehensive its back issue catalog seems; it has so much more potential. Add the ability to add multiple copies and tweak search functionality and it’ll be on its way.

Values are different if an app like this offered in-depth and accurate values I’d be onboard for a separate purchase for that feature if they could harness a way to filter the BS, offer fair values better than GoCollects EBay sold values, and maintain that feature as the market fluctuates. I know wishful thinking. Let me dream of not checking 10 different sources to value a book.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by XMYTHICxAtlas
Are you ios or android? I can't seem to find in the play store for android.
iOS. looks like google play version has a different title that mirrors the website name

Post 10 IP   flag post
Got it, thanks
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
I’m confused on the direction of this app. It’s focused on tracking new releases and reading status, but with how comprehensive its back issue catalog seems; it has so much more potential. Add the ability to add multiple copies and tweak search functionality and it’ll be on its way.

Values are different if an app like this offered in-depth and accurate values I’d be onboard for a separate purchase for that feature if they could harness a way to filter the BS, offer fair values better than GoCollects EBay sold values, and maintain that feature as the market fluctuates. I know wishful thinking. Let me dream of not checking 10 different sources to value a book.

CLZ lets you link your CovrPrice account for values, but since they also use sold data you still have the issue of one outlier sale blowing up the accuracy of the value.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user
@HulkSmash these days being what they are, you might have an excellent chance of reaching out directly to the developers and offering those suggestions and seeing them listen.

You'd be surprised how easy it is to reach developers if you try. League of Comic Geeks may also have a /Reddit presence, in which case you'd have an ear listening to educated suggestions on application enhancements.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector x860x private msg quote post Address this user
League of Comic Geeks is the website my LCS uses to handle their pull list. It is pretty easy to use, haven't used the app yet. I'll give it a go. Thanks!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
Use many comic apps, but have used league of comic geeks for awhile. Very cool!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfoster43
@HulkSmash these days being what they are, you might have an excellent chance of reaching out directly to the developers and offering those suggestions and seeing them listen.

You'd be surprised how easy it is to reach developers if you try. League of Comic Geeks may also have a /Reddit presence, in which case you'd have an ear listening to educated suggestions on application enhancements.
I sent them a message in regards to cleaner search filtering and adding multiple copies of an issue to collection. We’ll see what happens. Now I need to bug Microsoft about their awful Xbox dashboard update. It reminds of the movie Idiocracy with all the garbage on the screen you cannot edit or rearrange and forced upon you.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
I have CLZ but this might be worth a look.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfoster43

I sent them a message in regards to cleaner search filtering and adding multiple copies of an issue to collection. We’ll see what happens. Now I need to bug Microsoft about their awful Xbox dashboard update. It reminds of the movie Idiocracy with all the garbage on the screen you cannot edit or rearrange and forced upon you.
they responded very quickly; they said adding multiple copies is in the works. No time frame, but hopefully in a near update.
Post 18 IP   flag post
611388 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?