Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector BrandonR private msg quote post Address this user
I have this Swamp Thing #37 with rusty staples. How much will this effect the grade of the book overall?

Post 1 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Vg
Post 2 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
That's going to get hammered. Worse than stains in my opinion.
Post 3 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
@CFP_Comics agreed. Better to save up some money and buy a nice turn key
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector BrandonR private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
@CFP_Comics agreed. Better to save up some money and buy a nice turn key

I have 2 copies of this book, I was just curious about the rusty staples.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
Out of curiosity, why are rusty staples treated so harshly grading-wise? Is it because they are indicative of water damage, or is the oxidation enough to slam the grade?
Post 6 IP   flag post
@jrs well in general outside of a tear o think rust just makes a comic look like POS. Not to mention it is usually indicative of moisture which might be more apparatus to a trained wye...like a grader.
Removing and replacing a staple that is rusty is one thing but once the rust has embedded itself deep in to covers amd or pages it is touch to remove.
If it's just a staple, not affecting the paper it can be removed, possibly cleaned, or replacdd.
All things you want to avoid. So that's my view on rusty staples.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
@earthshaker01, thanks, that makes sense.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
Also, once rust migrates, it will eventually spread throughout the paper and destroy the comic. It can take a very long time, but it can still happen.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector VillageIdiot private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics
That's going to get hammered. Worse than stains in my opinion.

Indeed!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector BLBcomics private msg quote post Address this user
The rust is eating the comic book paper. It is that simple. Rusty staples are simply reader copies with almost zero investment potential as the rust molds continue their mission.
Post 11 IP   flag post
598073 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?