Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CGC’s latest buffoonery…20409

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know how many people here will actually give a damn, but here’s the latest shenanigans with CGC/CCG. I’ve been having fun with it “next door”. 🤣🤣

https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/52174345/Certified_Collectibles_Group,_LLC_et_al_v_Terrazas_et_al
Post 1 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
Wolves in the hen house.
Post 3 IP   flag post
The shenanigans over there made me walk away back in 2020. I haven’t subbed anything since. 🙁🙁

There’s only one thing I can say about that company these days…

Post 4 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
CGC apologists be like:

Post 5 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
CGC is trash!!!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Post 7 IP   flag post
Beckett/CBCS should pounce all over this.

I'd say, reputationaly speaking, CGC has never been lower....arguably on par with PGX (give or take).

It has never been more apparent that CBCS is truly the only legitimate choice.
Post 8 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user

Post 9 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Can someone give be a brief synopsis of what this is all about? I don't have time to read anything regarding CGC. I quit using them years ago.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@earthshaker01 A couple employees are being sued for stealing graded slabs and using them to resubmit for their own benefit….something like that. 🤣🤣
Post 11 IP   flag post
@earthshaker01 Alleged:

2 CGC employees have been sued civilly by cgc for stealing submitters comics, swapping lower graded books for higher graded books, printing cgc labels with higher grades on books they've stolen, selling these inflated graded books and stolen books on eBay. They've sold over $28K in stolen/inflated graded books.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@GAC It’s always been in the back of my mind to use CBCS for subbing in the future. I’ve just lost the taste for it the last few years. Gun shy, I guess. I’ll buy CBCS slabs too…just haven’t seen many I’m interested in…yet. 👍🙂
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen130
@GAC It’s always been in the back of my mind to use CBCS for subbing in the future. I’ve just lost the taste for it the last few years. Gun shy, I guess. I’ll buy CBCS slabs too…just haven’t seen many I’m interested in…yet. 👍🙂

I hear you. Unfortunately with cgc having a 15 year head start with virtually no real competition....that's a tough market to crack. CBCS has done honorably for sure in terms of scratching out marketshare but 15 year headstart is alot of already slabbed books.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
This is believed to be the wife's Ebay account (recently renamed). The 10 nost expensive items total $35,000 asking price. But she is taking offers, might be a good time to toss her a lowball offer. It looks like she also got her own sketch cover of Action 1000 slabbed in a CGC Signature Series slab and has promoted herself as a "CGC Signature Series Artist".

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fss=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=omni_collector&LH_SpecificSeller=1&mkcid=1&campid=5338116315&customid=CGCForum&toolid=10001&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&_sop=16
Post 15 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
The cgc just needs to set up a label swapping table at their booth at MegaCon.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia I don't have an eBay account anymore...closed it back in 2019 when I started seeing 'the signs'. Would you place a low-ball bid for me? Here's my money.....

Post 17 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Post 18 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Scary thing is I recognized their ebay moniker that started with Te…. I double checked and happily did not buy anything from them. Would hate to know that I had stolen merch in my collection.

I am happy to get things for a steal, but don’t want something that was stolen.

Back in 2018, I was deeply contemplating and investigating who to use. I chose CBCS over cgc with my encapsulation endeavor for a few reasons. Besides the fact that cgc acted like i was there to serve them, my research uncovered various likely shenanigans. The most egregious which still blows me away that didn’t get more press was that extrapolations that their onsight grading numbers were impossibly high for the amount of staff and time at Cons. I then started looking very closely at comics encased in CBCS and cgc slabs. Every CBCS encased comic grade appear accurate and justified. Probably anout 30% of the cgc slabs left me with WTF moments.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
🤣
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector sly private msg quote post Address this user
What is going on with CGC is honestly disgusting...how many more scams are taking place that we have no idea??????
Post 21 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Are we even surprised at this point?? How long has this been happening, I wonder?

Yes, people are still going to submit to them and yes their books will sell; but how long is the charade going to last?

I fear we may have reached the end of an era.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotKeyComics

LOL!!!!!!!
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

I'd say, reputationaly speaking, CGC has never been lower....arguably on par with PGX (give or take).

It has never been more apparent that CBCS is truly the only legitimate choice.

Post 24 IP   flag post
@GAC I want an ostrich...
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

lol!!!
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215
@GAC I want an ostrich...

lol!! There's a few roaming around the cgc grading room. I'm sure you can walk one out like the graders walk out books.
Post 27 IP   flag post
@GAC I can get a few AF 15's and maybe a tec 27 at five finger discount and ride out on an ostrich!!! It's a double win!
Post 28 IP   flag post
CGB= certified guaranty buffoon a fest.
Post 29 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Post 30 IP   flag post
611387 84 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?