Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSPComics Bronze AgeComics Modern Age

Biggest CBCS Submission Yet20354

KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
What does it cost now for one book to get pressed, signature verified, and then slabbed?

It cost me $69.00 per book for the last 5 I sent in.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdoes10
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
What does it cost now for one book to get pressed, signature verified, and then slabbed?

It cost me $69.00 per book for the last 5 I sent in.

Holy schnik8es!

I remember when it cost less than $20 for modernd.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Still waiting to get the last 625 books back from my presser in a couple days.

In the mean time I am alphabetizing the other books so I can start to enter the online forms.

So far it seems that roughly 25 percent start with the letter A.

As Brian Bendis signed a whole bunch of books for me at Baltimore Comic Con it would seem that I have many Alias and All New X-Men books in this submission.

ASM is also well represented.
Post 28 IP   flag post
These forms sure are a lot of work.

Just finished my sixth CBCS form on their website.

Only 1,410 books to go.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector chefcomics private msg quote post Address this user
I am so glad I got my books in. So you will be sending all those books to same company for auctioned off?
Post 30 IP   flag post

@chefcomics

I am dropping the books off with CBCS on Feb 6th.

When they are graded My Comic Shop will pick them up for sale on consignment.

Really great stuff in this batch of books.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Should be ready to drop off everything on Wednesday as I am making a lot of progress.

When putting a big submission together the fatigue late in the day is rough.

Also, yesterday I found out Helen Slater is doing an April show about 30 minutes from my house.

I decided yesterday to pull all of the Supergirl books from this submission for her signature even though they have already been pressed.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Car is loaded up.

Meeting CBCS to drop everything off at 11AM today.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
Nooooo, I was hoping my books would get through Pressing at CBCS before you submitted.......there goes my TAT.......
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector chefcomics private msg quote post Address this user
I shipped my little 25 9 days ago. 2000 plus books , they still giving you 30 day turnaround
Post 35 IP   flag post
Spent just over six hours yesterday submitting the books at my friend's comic book store (The Encounter).

Got home about an hour ago.

I am so glad I don't have to carry any of those boxes back up my stairs.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Spent just over six hours yesterday submitting the books at my friend's comic book store (The Encounter).

Good to have a plan, good to see it through. No doubt you also have thousands of books unworthy of grading. I assume you have a plan for those too?
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos

Good to have a plan, good to see it through. No doubt you also have thousands of books unworthy of grading. I assume you have a plan for those too?

My plan has generally been to work from the top down and the bigger books will pay for everything else.

The lesser books do pile up so I am starting to get that figured out but to say I have a plan might be a bit strong.
Post 38 IP   flag post
619266 38 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?