Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver AgeFor SaleQuestions

Where can I see an accurate price guide for each of my Green Lantern comics20347

Collector Comicscollection private msg quote post Address this user
I have many Green Lantern comics and in my collections I have many duplicates. I would like to know how I can get them graded and sell them.
Thanks!
Jeff
Post 1 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Gpanalysis is my suggestion for value. It's not free, but it gives an accurate last sale price from a few of the top vendors of the industry.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Feebay sold listings will work if you would like a free option.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Comicscollection - Welcome to the forum, there is almost always good advice here. If you have been collecting for a while and have a decent idea on how to access the grade of a raw comic, you can also look at what mycomicshop.com charges for the books you want to price. They even have large front and back scans of most of the valuable books that they have for sale, so you can see examples of raw books in different grades. Just remember that you’d be looking at asking prices that don’t necessarily match actual selling prices. Be especially weary of the prices on consigned books, as those prices were set by the seller, not MCS.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Go Collect, GPA, sold listings on ebay or Heritage Auctions etc. are all ways to check approximate values of your books (GPA is a paid service)

How are your grading skills?

A copy of the OverStreet grading guide can help you ascertain a likely grade before submitting so you can kind of match the grade you think it will get with the prices that grade is getting to figure if it is worth it for you.

There is also this free on-line grading tool where you just click from examples of defects to again arrive at an approximate grade

https://www.comicbookgradingtool.com/
clickable text
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Belarak private msg quote post Address this user
Don't forget COVRPRICE. I use GAPnalysis and COVRPRICE. I also use CLZ for my collection tracking. COVRPRICE and CLZ work together to get you a value on your books and collection. CLZ just added a feature to let you look up a value in the app.

@Comicscollection Welcome to the forum.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector NDS private msg quote post Address this user
I've been using GoCollect. Does anyone have an opinion on GoCollect vs COVRPRICE vs GPanalysis? They all appear to be about the same monthly price. It looks like GoCollect is just pulling ebay sales, do the other two pull from multiple sources?
Post 7 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@NDS check this video out.

Post 8 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe Key Collector Comic for key issues, skip some of the drek. Uses ebay values, low mid and high.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector NDS private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks @Nearmint67! That was very informative. I am primarily using GoCollect for slabbed books and that seems to be on par with his analysis. Haha... I did love his initial answer, though. Use all of them! I see why if he's playing raw and slabbed and buying selling on large volumes. Makes sense.

I appreciate the input.

NDS..
Post 10 IP   flag post
615424 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?