Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden Age

Motion Picture Funnies Weekly #1: worth?2034

Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
MPFW #1 is the true first appearance of Namor. There are only seven copies on the CGC census. Why is this comic not listed as one of the top most valuable comic books of all time? Is it because it wasn't supposed to be released to the public?

How much do you think the single 9.0 would sell for?

Also is Marvel Comics #1 considered Namor's first appearance by the comic community?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector QuaBrot private msg quote post Address this user
I think GPA has a typo, that $43,000 was supposed to be $43. But I'll pay you $50!

Seriously, could be worth close to $50,000, but its hard to tell - the GA Keys are pretty set so its doubtful everyone will suddenly wake up and agree that this is the 1st appearance. As for the pricing, some do go up every year, but others may stagnate. Then again, if a couple of people with deep pockets suddenly need this book, then it could go up a bit.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
@QuaBrot Thanks. So GPA has the 9.0 at $43,000. Wow. That's crazy. I thought it'd be closer to $200,000 because it's so scarce, and according to CGC it is indeed the first appearance of Namor; Marvel Comics #1 is the origin of Namor. I understand that the character isn't as popular as Spider-Man or Hulk, but Namor's first appearance is a lot more scarce. Hmm. Thanks again for looking up the GPA for me!
Post 3 IP   flag post
600442 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?