Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics MagazinesFor Sale

FS: MAD Magazine Collection (1950's to 1990's)!! Other magazine drek!!20329

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
MAD Super Special #105, 1995. The original O.J. Simpson Pog stickers are still attached!!!

VF+, or better; off-white to white pages. Complete, with no fold-in creases. A press will help here.

$5

Post 51 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
MAD Super Special #106, 1995. This one is #707778 of 900,000 limited copies. The original Mega-MAD poster is still attached!!!

VF, or better; off-white to white pages. Complete, with no fold-in creases. Both covers shows some areas of light wear to the ink and/or gloss.

$4

Post 52 IP   flag post
MAD Super Special #107, 1995.

VF+, or better; off-white to white pages. Complete, with no fold-in creases. This one will benefit from a press, especially with the printer's crease on the front just below the center treasure hunter's pith helmet.

$4

Post 53 IP   flag post
That's it for all my Modern Age MAD Magazines. I've got other magazine-related stuff to list here, but I'll pick back up again Friday. There's a bit more left, but this is all stuff that's in the same magazine box as my MAD collection. What better place to list these items.

I'm still working with Dave on the older MAD's, so the first 5 or 6 listings in the thread are on hold. Thanks for everyone's understanding.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Okay, I'm going to list more magazine-style items, TPB's, HC books, and a few other oddities...all comic-related. As always offers are welcome.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide, Special 50th Anniversary Edition (softcover).

This book has been used, and it shows, but it is intact. Both covers show some wrinkling/creasing from a lot of handling, but it is in usable condition. There may be pen markings inside, but I doubt it.

$15

Post 56 IP   flag post
Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide, 51st Edition (softcover).

This book has been used, but in much better condition than the previous book. It wasn't used nearly as much...almost a waste of money.

$12

Post 57 IP   flag post
Overstreet Comic Book Monthly #3. Originally polybagged, this magazine comes with a Special Collector's reproduction of Overstreet's Comic Book Price Guide #1, which features 1970's comic book prices. The polybag is removed, but included.

VF/NM, or better. There is a mild spine roll from being used, otherwise the magazine looks great. The mini reproduction book looks great. I'm selling these two items as a set.

$6

Post 58 IP   flag post
Overstreet Comic Book Monthly #20. Originally polybagged, this magazine comes with a '95 Fleer Ultra X-Men promo sheet, as well as a Gene Roddenberry 'Lost Universe' phonecard (expired). The original polybag is included, but it's just a bag...no print or anything on it.

VF, maybe better. The magazine does show a bit of wear and tear from use, but it's pretty mild. There is a mild spine roll as well. The other items are in decent shape. Everything is being sold as a set.

$6

Post 59 IP   flag post
Batman: A Death in the Family, 6th print TPB. This book reprints the entire ‘Death in the Family’ comic story line, which features the death of Robin (Jason Todd).

VF-, or better; off-white pages. The top spine corner shows a small tear in the paper. Both covers show an indentation crease that barely breaks the ink. These look almost like production creases.

$6

Post 60 IP   flag post
Batman: A Lonely Place of Dying, 2nd print TPB (direct). This book reprints the entire ‘A Lonely Place of Dying’ comic story line, which won Best Story-1989 CBG Fan Awards.

VF, or better; off-white to white pages. The bottom right corner of the entire book shows a light bend that doesn’t appear to break the ink. It does, however, lightly 'ripple' the front cover, at the bottom edge of that corner.

$7

Post 61 IP   flag post
Batman: Bloodstorm [nn], 1st print hardcover. This is a one-shot Elseworlds story featuring Catwoman and Joker appearances.

VF, or better. The top right corner of the book shows mild bend/drop damage to the dust jacket and the book (what a pisser). There is very light ink breakage to the dust jacket corner because of this, but not to the book corner. Other corners may show very minor bends due to long term storage.

The book barely fit on my scanner, so if additional photos are needed, just message me.

$20 (or best offer)

Post 62 IP   flag post
Batman: Bride of the Demon, 1st print hardcover. Batman tries to stop Ra's al Ghul from replenishing the earth's ozone layer and laying waste to civilization in the process.

VF/NM, or better. This book shows a few spots of very light rubs to the gloss on the spine (dust jacket). Near the bottom page corner of each cover (not the dust jacket), there looks to be a couple of very mild indentations ‘upward’ from the bottom. I hesitate to call this drop damage because there’s no wear or creasing at those spots.

Due to the large size of this book, quality scans weren't possible.

$25 (or best offer)

Post 63 IP   flag post
Batman/Deadman: Death and Glory, 1st print hardcover. Along with Deadman, the story also features an appearance by Joker.

NM-, or better. This book was read, but it was handled very carefully…which is evident by the lack of spine binding ink breakage. A few corners of the dust jacket have extremely mild blunting or indentations that don't break ink.

I will provide photos of the book without the dustjacket on, if requested.

$30 (or best offer)

Post 64 IP   flag post
Batman: Digital Justice, 1st print hardcover. This graphic novel is all computer generated, and the dustjacket includes front and rear interior flaps containing text information on the graphic novel. The front and back cover of the book (sans dustjacket) features a random pattern of computer circuits. Jim Gordon, grandson of James Gordon, makes an appearance.

VF+, or better. The dustjacket has mild blunting/bending near the top spine corner, as well as blunting of the top edges (dustjacket). This is from long term storage in a bookcase. The edge bend on the back does crease the paper, but it’s hard to tell for sure if there’s ink breakage. You may notice in one of the photos that there seems to be a slight outward curve to the hard covers. I’m not sure how this happened, but the curves did not create any structural issues.

$25 (or best offer)

Post 65 IP   flag post
Batman: Night Cries, 1st print hardcover. This graphic novel won the 1993 Harvey Award-Special Award for Excellence in Production, as well as the UK Comic Art Award for Best Original Graphic Novel/One-shot. Some things frighten even the Batman.

VF/NM, or better. Except for very light blunting/impacting on the spine corners (book), and some light cosmetic scratches, scuffs, and edge curving of the dust jacket, this book is in great shape.

$30 (or best offer)

Post 66 IP   flag post
Batman: Son of the Demon, 4th print softcover. This square-bound graphic novel features Batman and Talia al Ghul having…a child together???

VF/NM, or better. There's very light blunting to the spine corners, and a few very mild edge bends to the cover(s).

I opted for photos instead of scans.

$10

Post 67 IP   flag post
Batman 3-D, 1st print softcover. This square-bound graphic novel features Batman and all the usual suspects in classic 50’s style 3-D animation. The original glasses and cutout are included.

I'm not sure how to grade this one because the original 3-D glasses and the cutout they came out of were removed at the perforation. The book was read, but great care was taken to ensure no cracks or bends occurred along the spine. If the glasses weren't removed, or the cut-out, I would have given the book a NM estimate.

$10

Post 68 IP   flag post
Cadillacs and Dinosaurs: Time in Overdrive, Volume 3 [nn]. This is a 1st print, collected edition book that reprints Xenozoic Tales #9 to #12.

VF, or better. The edges of the spine, front and back, show some light ink breakage/wear from being read. The back has a couple of scuffs to the glossy surface that don’t break the ink. Both covers show light edge dings either on the top or bottom.

Sorry about the scans...this book barely fit the scanner. I can provide further pics if requested.

$15 (or best offer)

Post 69 IP   flag post
2001 San Diego Comic-Con International program book.

This comic-con was the only one I ever personally attended in my entire life. I can't stand crowds, so this was the last one I ever went to.

FN/VF, no better. There's some light wear and tear, dings and scratches, etc., but the biggest problem is the one-inch tear on the front near the bottom spine corner.

$10

Post 70 IP   flag post
Newstime Magazine {nn}, one-shot. This is a magazine-sized special issue telling about the Death of Superman in news magazine style.

FN/VF, no better; white pages. You can see all the spine creases that break the ink. A press will help the book, but I don't see much of an increase in grade.

$5

Post 71 IP   flag post
The Death of Superman Platinum Edition trade paperback, 1st print. This book is hard to find, and it reprints the entire Death of Superman story line. The book was never read. I have seen this book in a slab, in case anyone is curious. (thumbsu

VF, or better; off-white pages. There are a number of minor defects, to include small edge bends, a few spots of ink wear, and dinged corners. The spine binding on both covers do not break ink because the book was never read.

If photos are need, please send me a PM. I didn't want to crack open the book for more scans.

$35 (or best offer)

Post 72 IP   flag post
Silver Surfer #85 (direct). This issue is an Infinity Crusade cross-over, and it features appearances by Storm and Wonder Man. Originally polybagged, this issue comes with a ‘dirt’ magazine, a ‘dirt’ bumper sticker, and the original poly bag. All items will ship in a magazine-sized mylar bag.

VF, or better; off-white to white pages. The comic has a handful of spine creases/ticks, with a couple lightly breaking ink. The magazine is in good shape, except it took the brunt of the polybag seam on the bag cover.

I'm using old file photos because of the number of items included in this listing. I will provide scans on request.

$4

Post 73 IP   flag post
The next batch of listings are for the short-lived Superman & Batman magazine series. It's not a complete run, hence the individual listings.

Superman & Batman Magazine #1 (direct). Originally polybagged, this copy comes with the original fold out 'Last Action Hero' and magazine cover posters. The front cover is a fold out of the same image as the cover poster. The polybag is not included.

VF-, maybe better; white pages. This one could use a press, but there's some light wear and tear, especially along the spine.

I didn't take scans/photos of the posters. They were unfolded once decades ago when I bought the magazine...I don't want to harm them.

$4

Post 74 IP   flag post
Superman & Batman Magazine #2 (direct).

VF, or better; white pages. This magazine looks better than the previous one listed, but it still needs a press. A higher grade is possible afterwards.

$3

Post 75 IP   flag post
Superman & Batman Magazine #3 (direct).

VF, or better; white pages. Another press-worthy magazine.

$3

Post 76 IP   flag post
Superman & Batman Magazine #4 (direct). A 'Batman The Animated Series II' promo card is included. I have two copies, with card.

VF, or better; white pages. Again, a press will help. The cards are in decent condition. Both magazines are about the same in grade/condition.

I will provide scans of the second copy on request.

$4 each

Post 77 IP   flag post
Superman & Batman Magazine #5 (newsstand).

VF, no better; white pages. Both covers show an edge bend at the top that very lightly breaks ink.

$3

Post 78 IP   flag post
Superman & Batman Magazine #6 (newsstand). This magazine comes with the original bound-in White Power Ranger power up coupon that could be used with the Power Rangers hand-held game.

VF, or better; white pages. A press will improve the grade.

$4

Post 79 IP   flag post
Superman & Batman Magazine #8 (newsstand). This one is the final issue in the run, and it includes the original bound-in 'Draw Izzy' contest coupon.

VF, or better; white pages. Again, another great pressing candidate.

$5

Post 80 IP   flag post
615420 97 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?