Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics MagazinesFor Sale

FS: MAD Magazine Collection (1950's to 1990's)!! Other magazine drek!!20329

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
MAD Magazine #327, May 1994. Rush Limbaugh was the MAN back then!!!

VF/NM; off-white pages. Complete, with no fold-in creases. Unfortunately, the front cover has light ink rubs along the spine.

$5

Post 26 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
MAD Magazine #328, June 1994. Original subscription card is still attached.

VF/NM, or better; off-white pages. Complete, with no fold-in creases. There are a handful of pressable finger bends/indentations on the covers...hence the lower grade estimate.

$5

Post 27 IP   flag post
MAD Magazine #329, July/August 1994. Original subscription card still attached.

VF/NM, or better; off-white pages. Complete, with no fold-in creases. This one is actually a nice copy, except for a few pressable spine creases on the back.

$5

Post 28 IP   flag post
MAD Magazine #330, September 1994. Original subscription card still attached.

NM-, or better; off-white pages. Complete, with no fold-in creases. A press will improve the grade.

$6

Post 29 IP   flag post
MAD Magazine #331, October/November 1994. The Clinton's!!! Original subscription card still attached.

VF+; off-white pages. Complete, with no fold-in creases. There are a few ink-breaking spine creases on this one.

$4

Post 30 IP   flag post

MAD Magazine #333, January/February 1995. Original subscription card still attached.

NM-, or better; off-white pages. Complete, with no fold-in creases. A press may improve the grade.

$6

Post 31 IP   flag post
Finally got that old dog to sleep...no whiskey needed. Lol
Post 32 IP   flag post
MAD Magazine #334, March/April 1995. Original subscription card still attached.

VF, or better; off-white to white pages. Complete, with no fold-in creases. Too many spine creases with this one to grade higher, even with a press.

$4

Post 33 IP   flag post
MAD Magazine #337, July 1995. Original subscription card still attached.

VF/NM; off-white to white pages. Complete, with no fold-in creases. The spine shows some light wear.

$5

Post 34 IP   flag post
MAD Magazine #338, August 1995. Original subscription card still attached.

VF+, or better; off-white to white pages. Complete, with no fold-in creases. The entire magazine has mild bend creases through the whole book on the right edge. A press will help.

$4

Post 35 IP   flag post
This is the last MAD Magazine I purchased....

MAD Magazine #426, February 2003.

FN; white pages. Complete, but the fold-in creases are pretty obvious.

$3

Post 36 IP   flag post
MAD Batman Spectacular, July 1997. This entire magazine is a satire for the 1989 movie Batman.

VF, or better; white pages. There are plenty of ink-breaking spine creases to keep the grade down.

$6

Post 37 IP   flag post
MAD's Big Book of Spy vs. Spy #11, Warner Books reprint.

I had to do some research on this one, so I hope the info is correct. This isn't the original MAD Big Book, it's a 2nd print reprint of that book, printed by Warner Books. This one was probably my ultimate favorite, as I was a HUGE fan of Spy vs. Spy. I even have a Spy vs. Spy trading card set that I tried to sell, but there wasn't any interest at the time. That was a year or two ago.

This one has been read many times, but I took good care of it. I could only take photos of the book because it's too big for my scanner.

FN/VF, maybe better; off-white to white pages. There's light soiling on both covers, but the biggest issue is the very small tear on the front's right edge that goes through a few of the interior wraps. It's to the right of White Spy's foot. I'm not sure how this happened, but I've had this book for a long time. It is bagged/boarded.

$15

Post 38 IP   flag post
Now for my 1990's Super Specials. Reminder...these are bagged/boarded in the larger size materials.

MAD Super Special #73, 1990.

VF+, or better; off-white to white pages. Complete, with no fold-in to crease. Both covers show some spots of light soiling that will clean off.

$5

Post 39 IP   flag post
MAD Super Special #83, September 1992. The cover indicates that a Star Trek VI spoof is inside but it is actually a Star Trek V spoof.

FN; maybe better; off-white to white pages. Complete, but with fold-in creases. A cleaning will help.

$3

Post 40 IP   flag post
MAD Super Special #95, September 1994.

VF/NM, or better; off-white to white pages. Complete, with no fold-in creases. A clean/press will get this one into NM- territory or better

$5

Post 41 IP   flag post
MAD Super Special #97, Spring 1994. This magazine is #782366 of 900,000 limited edition copies. Now that's funny!!! The original Spy vs. Spy Combat cards are still attached!!

VF+, or better; off-white to white pages. Complete, with no fold-in creases. A cleaning will help because of where a sticker was located on the top of the magazine that had to be peeled off to read it...a collector's edition 'seal' sticker.

$6

Post 42 IP   flag post
MAD Super Special #98, 1994.

VF/NM, or better; off-white to white pages. Complete, with no fold-in creases. A press will definitely help.

$5

Post 43 IP   flag post
MAD Super Special #99, 1994.

VF+; off-white to white pages. Complete, with no fold-in creases. The front shows a couple spots of ink loss near the right page edge.

$4

Post 44 IP   flag post
Okay, I don't know what's going on, but the forums seem to be acting weird. I'll list more later, once the gremlins piss off.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Working now!!!
Post 46 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
I'm a caricature artist, and there are So many great caricature artists out in the wild, some of my top favs are Jack Davis and Mort Drucker.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@Galen130 Good luck with the sale. I did not even know it was a sales thread until I went back to the title and saw the FS.
Post 48 IP   flag post
MAD Super Special #100, 1994. This magazine is #493370 of 900,000 limited edition copies. The original MAD Morphs inserts are still attached!!!

VF/NM, or better; off-white to white pages. Complete, with no fold-in creases. This one will also benefit from a press.

$6

Post 49 IP   flag post
MAD Super Special #102, 1995. The original stickers are still attached!!!

VF+, or better; off-white to white pages. Complete, with no fold-in creases. The entire magazine could use a press, especially because of the mild bend crease all the way through the bottom right corner.

$5

Post 50 IP   flag post
MAD Super Special #105, 1995. The original O.J. Simpson Pog stickers are still attached!!!

VF+, or better; off-white to white pages. Complete, with no fold-in creases. A press will help here.

$5

Post 51 IP   flag post
MAD Super Special #106, 1995. This one is #707778 of 900,000 limited copies. The original Mega-MAD poster is still attached!!!

VF, or better; off-white to white pages. Complete, with no fold-in creases. Both covers shows some areas of light wear to the ink and/or gloss.

$4

Post 52 IP   flag post
MAD Super Special #107, 1995.

VF+, or better; off-white to white pages. Complete, with no fold-in creases. This one will benefit from a press, especially with the printer's crease on the front just below the center treasure hunter's pith helmet.

$4

Post 53 IP   flag post
That's it for all my Modern Age MAD Magazines. I've got other magazine-related stuff to list here, but I'll pick back up again Friday. There's a bit more left, but this is all stuff that's in the same magazine box as my MAD collection. What better place to list these items.

I'm still working with Dave on the older MAD's, so the first 5 or 6 listings in the thread are on hold. Thanks for everyone's understanding.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Okay, I'm going to list more magazine-style items, TPB's, HC books, and a few other oddities...all comic-related. As always offers are welcome.
Post 55 IP   flag post
615421 97 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?