Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics MagazinesFor Sale

FS: MAD Magazine Collection (1950's to 1990's)!! Other magazine drek!!20329

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
--Payment methods accepted are cashier's/bank check, money order, or PayPal. Once paper payment is received, I will ship. I will not accept personal checks...sorry.

--Free Media Mail shipping for 5 raw comics or less!! Any orders over 5 comics will be shipped First Class or Priority at buyer's expense. I use Pirate Ship, so your cost will reflect my discount.

--U.S. shipping only!!

--No buyer's remorse...you buy items as is. Scans are being provided, but questions about condition are welcome. Send me a DM!!

--No returns on products, unless they are damaged in transit. Message me pictures of any damage, and I'll take care of you.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
I've got a bunch of my MAD Magazine collection still left to sell, mostly mid-grade early issues and higher grade 1990's stuff. I've sold off most my older regular series issues, but there are some left, especially the Modern stuff from the mid 90's. There are a bunch of Super Specials, Worst From, and More Trash From issues from the 1970's...some have the original inserts still attached.

I'm not as great at grading magazines that have the ever-popular MAD fold-in creases on the back cover, but I gave it my best, to include scans of interior page condition. I'll have descriptions of the worst defects in each listing. Questions are always welcome, along with reasonable offers.

Here we go!!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
MAD Magazine #47, June 1959.

GD/VG; tan to cream pages. Complete, but with spine splits at the bottom and top. The back shows some mild moisture damage along the top edge, and the top left corner seems to have bug chew (cover only). A few interior wraps have dog-ear corners, and a bit of moisture damage. Any moisture damage with this one doesn't show staining that I can see.

$8

Post 3 IP   flag post
MAD Magazine #48, July 1959.

VG-; tan to cream pages. Complete, but this one was hard to grade because the staples do show some rust. Also, there's a moderate spine roll and a one-inch tear at the bottom spine corner.

$10

Post 4 IP   flag post
MAD Magazine #51, December 1959.

GD, no better; tan to cream pages. Complete, but the cover is detached.

$4

Post 5 IP   flag post
MAD Magazine #176, July 1975.

FN+; cream to off-white pages. Complete, without fold-in creases (that I can see). I dinged the grade estimate because of the soiling on the front cover of both. A clean/press would greatly improve the looks of this one.

$5

Post 6 IP   flag post
MAD Magazine #186, October 1976. Here's a Star Trek parody.

GD; cream to off-white pages. Complete, but with the cover detached at the bottom staple.

$4

Post 7 IP   flag post
MAD Magazine #194, October 1977. Yo, Adrian!!!

FN; cream to off-white pages. Complete, but with fold-in creases on the back. There is a mild spine roll on both as well.

$6

Post 8 IP   flag post
One thing to note: all the MAD's that I collected personally are bagged with a bigger board and bag. I did this years ago...it was all I could find at the time. The bags are mylar though, so that's good. I don't have the smaller materials to rebag them. That would be a waste of money anyway.

Here's what they look like......

Post 9 IP   flag post
MAD Magazine #303, June 1991.

FN+; off-white pages. Complete, but with fold-in creases.

$3

Post 10 IP   flag post
I forgot to mention at the beginning that all the MAD's prior to 1991 came from my dad. He read them as a kid, and continued to read them until about 1980 when I was a kid. The condition of the older ones are mainly due to no bags/boards, and I didn't get them until about 10 years ago. I bagged/boarded all of them myself, and they sat in a magazine box since then. One of these magazines may have been with my dad in Vietnam, which he can't confirm. You'll see which one when I list it.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen130
--Payment methods accepted are cashier's/bank check, money order, or PayPal. Once paper payment is received, I will ship. I will not accept personal checks...sorry.

--Free Media Mail shipping for 5 raw comics or less!! Any orders over 5 comics will be shipped First Class or Priority at buyer's expense. I use Pirate Ship, so your cost will reflect my discount.

--U.S. shipping only!!

--No buyer's remorse...you buy items as is. Scans are being provided, but questions about condition are welcome. Send me a DM!!

--No returns on products, unless they are damaged in transit. Message me pictures of any damage, and I'll take care of you.

@galen we have a very similar childhood. I have written on this forum several times of my father, his love of comics and MAD magazine and how it influenced me profoundly in my formative and adult years. His mother sold off a great deal of his collection unbeknownst from him while he was at college (sometime around 1960) and so his remaining MAD and comic collection that made it to my childhood was smaller but even more beloved. His untimely death when I was 19 saw the complete dissolution of his propery by a step-mother of less than a year and so I have none of the books that he so sparingly let me peruse through as a kid.

Can you please quote me a price for the whole lot? Please feel free to be as magnanimous and benevolent as you can afford If the price is right or even close to right, I'll buy the lot.

Not for resale as much as to heal up some scratches on my soul.

Thank you!
Dave
Post 12 IP   flag post
@dfoster43 Message sent!!
Post 13 IP   flag post
I'm going to hold off on listing more magazines while I'm communicating with Dave. Please be patient...and thanks!!!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
Hope you score Dave, very awesome for healing the soul.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
Very awesome of you Galen.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@makahuka It’s my pleasure. They’ll be going to someone who will appreciate them. 🙂

Whatever he doesn’t want, I will list here soon. 👍👍
Post 17 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
Still think it would be cool to see the Vietnam book.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@James42 I can accommodate. It isn’t anything particular to look at, but it does have a very mild cigarette or incense smell. I haven’t aired it out…it’s part of the provenance. Who knows what my dad was smoking over there in ‘67/‘68. 🤣🤣
Post 19 IP   flag post
Everyone, I am putting all the listed MAD’s on hold while I work with Dave. I will continue to list the 1990’s stuff though, and the other odds & ends. 👍🙂
Post 20 IP   flag post
Not being posted for sale at the moment...here is the More Trash From MAD issue that I think was in Vietnam with my dad. He can't quite remember...it's been more than 50 years. Lol

Some of the inserted stickers are still attached. I'm guessing the rest were used, maybe for decorating their hooch on base.

Post 21 IP   flag post
Okay, here come some more of my stuff from the 90's!!!

MAD Magazine #323, December 1993. Jurassic Park spoof in this one. The original MAD subscription card is still attached.

VF/NM; off-white pages. Complete, and surprisingly no fold-in creases. A press will help.

$5

Post 22 IP   flag post
Sorry for the delay. Our old dog took a tumble going up some stairs, so she's in pain...all 80lbs of her.
Post 23 IP   flag post
MAD Magazine #325, February 1994...Beavis and Butt-head!!! The original subscription card is still attached.

VF/NM; off-white pages. Complete, with no fold-in creases. A press will help this one too.

$10

Post 24 IP   flag post
MAD Magazine #326, March/April 1994. Original subscription card is still attached.

VF/NM, or better; off-white pages. Complete, with no fold-in creases. I would give this one a NM- estimate immediately if not for the ink transfer on the front below the start of the letter 'M' in MAD.

$5

Post 25 IP   flag post
MAD Magazine #327, May 1994. Rush Limbaugh was the MAN back then!!!

VF/NM; off-white pages. Complete, with no fold-in creases. Unfortunately, the front cover has light ink rubs along the spine.

$5

Post 26 IP   flag post
MAD Magazine #328, June 1994. Original subscription card is still attached.

VF/NM, or better; off-white pages. Complete, with no fold-in creases. There are a handful of pressable finger bends/indentations on the covers...hence the lower grade estimate.

$5

Post 27 IP   flag post
MAD Magazine #329, July/August 1994. Original subscription card still attached.

VF/NM, or better; off-white pages. Complete, with no fold-in creases. This one is actually a nice copy, except for a few pressable spine creases on the back.

$5

Post 28 IP   flag post
MAD Magazine #330, September 1994. Original subscription card still attached.

NM-, or better; off-white pages. Complete, with no fold-in creases. A press will improve the grade.

$6

Post 29 IP   flag post
MAD Magazine #331, October/November 1994. The Clinton's!!! Original subscription card still attached.

VF+; off-white pages. Complete, with no fold-in creases. There are a few ink-breaking spine creases on this one.

$4

Post 30 IP   flag post
615415 97 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?