Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics MagazinesFor Sale

FS: MAD Magazine Collection (1950's to 1990's)!! Other magazine drek!!20329

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Superman & Batman Magazine #3 (direct).

VF, or better; white pages. Another press-worthy magazine.

$3

Post 76 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Superman & Batman Magazine #4 (direct). A 'Batman The Animated Series II' promo card is included. I have two copies, with card.

VF, or better; white pages. Again, a press will help. The cards are in decent condition. Both magazines are about the same in grade/condition.

I will provide scans of the second copy on request.

$4 each

Post 77 IP   flag post
Superman & Batman Magazine #5 (newsstand).

VF, no better; white pages. Both covers show an edge bend at the top that very lightly breaks ink.

$3

Post 78 IP   flag post
Superman & Batman Magazine #6 (newsstand). This magazine comes with the original bound-in White Power Ranger power up coupon that could be used with the Power Rangers hand-held game.

VF, or better; white pages. A press will improve the grade.

$4

Post 79 IP   flag post
Superman & Batman Magazine #8 (newsstand). This one is the final issue in the run, and it includes the original bound-in 'Draw Izzy' contest coupon.

VF, or better; white pages. Again, another great pressing candidate.

$5

Post 80 IP   flag post

Tales of the Black Diamond (reprints). This TPB is a graphic anthology for mature readers, reprinting the Richard Corben and Richard Margopoulos 'Horror in the Dark #1 to #4' mini-series. The cover is new artwork by Richard Corben.

Richard Corben did the 1982 1st series run of Twisted Tales, which I am a huge fan of. I don't need this book though...it's a reprint.

VF, no better; white pages. The bottom right corner of the entire book has a mild bend through it, with wear and tear on the cover corners. A press will help, but I don't see the grade going any higher...IMO

$20 (or best offer)

Post 81 IP   flag post
This is an oddball one that I had in my magazine box. Knowing me, it was something I bought to read while staged at a Fire Base fighting wildfires in Colorado.

Zombie Nation Magazine #2. This is a Shooting Times special, with the original folded up zombie shooting target inside.

FN/VF, or better; white pages. This one is dinged up a bit, especially the spine corners. A press will help a bit, if anyone would even care to do so. Lol

There are a few of these for sale on eBay...for $50 to $70!!! That is re-damn-diculous!!!

$10

Post 82 IP   flag post
That's all, folks...at least until @dfoster43 responds to my last message and/or email. I still have the rest of these old MAD's to list if necessary.
Post 83 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@Galen130 What are the early Mad issues?
Post 84 IP   flag post
@OGJackster The first 5 or 6 listings here (on hold) are from the regular series, and the rest are Super Specials from 1973 to 1981 (incomplete run) and a few Worst From and More Trash From.

I'm still working with Dave on possibly selling them all to him.
Post 85 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I just picked up a #5, REALLY cool cover!
Post 86 IP   flag post
Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen130
That's all, folks...at least until @dfoster43 responds to my last message and/or email. I still have the rest of these old MAD's to list if necessary.

Hey @Galen130 I just DM'd and emailed you again re: the scans.

Thanks!
Dave
Post 87 IP   flag post
@dfoster43 We're playing tag here. Check your email for my response.
Post 88 IP   flag post
Hey Derek I put a response here but I thought this was DM and not the forum because my brain isn't working right, so I've moved it and emailed you.
My apologies i didn't mean to play tag
Dave
Post 89 IP   flag post
@OGJackster The oldest one I had from my dad’s collection was #44. I already sold it…too bad he didn’t have older stuff. 🤣🤣
Post 90 IP   flag post
I hope everyone is staying warm if you’re in the middle of this cold weather blast. Here in Colorado, wind chills below zero have been prevalent the past few days, and tonight is supposed to be the worst of it before we start warming up again.
Post 91 IP   flag post
The second statement in my previous post is irrelevant now, in case you saw it. Bulk MAD Magazine sale is in progress...I will update the thread when all is said and done. For now, I have one more MAD to list because it's not included in the bulk sale. Here's why....

MAD Super Special #23, 1977 (2nd copy). The original stickers are still attached, but the magazine suffered moisture damage.

Not sure how to grade this one, but the moisture damage is evident on the back cover and mildly throughout the magazine. Unfortunately, the stickers suffered the most, and are stuck together. I think a press will help because I don't see any staining from the moisture damage, but the stickers are hopeless.

$4, or free with any purchase

Post 92 IP   flag post
Heads up everyone…the first six MAD Magazines listed are now sold, thanks to @dfoster43. Everything I had left that isn’t listed here are also sold to Dave. 👍👍👍
Post 93 IP   flag post
@Galen130 Thanks again for all your patience with my email, and for making this a positive experience.

I can't wait to dig in and time-travel.

Stay warm and dry!

Post 94 IP   flag post
Let’s do 30% off everything else until Friday, then I’ll call this thread done. Thanks everyone!!! 👍🙂
Post 95 IP   flag post
I'm wrapping up this thread, folks. I figure if anything else was going to sell by now, it would have.

Thanks again, everyone, especially to @dfoster43.
Post 96 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen130
I'm wrapping up this thread, folks. I figure if anything else was going to sell by now, it would have.

Thanks again, everyone, especially to @dfoster43.

thanks, @Galen130 it was a pleasure. I'll let you know when they arrive!

Have a great weekend!
Post 97 IP   flag post
611386 97 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?