Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS- Community Engagement20304

I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Could there be a membership incentive?? I know they do that across the street but couldn't hurt.
Post 201 IP   flag post
Collector Travis private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215
Could there be a membership incentive?? I know they do that across the street but couldn't hurt.

Nope this shouldn’t be some inclusive club that you have to pay to join to get your comics slabed and graded that one of the reasons that I even went with cbcs over cgc because they didn’t have membership fees
Post 202 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis
Quote:

Nope this shouldn’t be some inclusive club that you have to pay to join to get your comics slabed and graded that one of the reasons that I even went with cbcs over cgc because they didn’t have membership fees

Valid point 👍👍👍
Post 203 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis
Quote:

I pay $120 renewal of my membership and with that I get $150 submission credit. CGC is paying me to use them.

If I don't do it within the renewal window then I pay $150 for the $150 credit.

The bonuses that come with that are of no interest to me.

CBCS stopped offering vouchers for some reason. Not sure if it's because customer service didn't seem familiar with them or a disinterest in giving paying members any tangible appreciation.
Post 204 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @Wade_Story - I'd like to emphasize @BrashLimburg's post about imaging. This is not something the submitter should have to pay for. CBCS has been making great strides in many areas, and this is one that you should not let the folks in Sarasota get too far ahead with.
Post 205 IP   flag post

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
just something I wished was an option rather than a question.

When I send books to CBCS I pack as well as I can - no movement when I shake, bubble wrap and peanuts etc. etc.

BUT - that doesn't mean something still couldn't happen - wish there was an option for CBCS to contact us if obvious damage was done to the box so we could add pressing to save any crumpled items

Hasn't happened to me...but was just something I was wonder/worrying about......
Post 206 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics great question. I've read too many horror stories about obviously damaged books being graded instead of providing evidence of the damages, including the damaged packaging, so that an insurance claim can be filed.
Post 207 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade_Story
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Quote:
Quote:
@Nearmint67 Live grading is tricky. It can be difficult to show specific defects on camera for photos, even with great lighting - let alone live video. That being said, I have made suggestions for some educational content, and I hope the idea will pick up steam soon. The approval process for new ideas tends to take some time.

Edit: After some pondering on how I could make this work for the forum, I think I have an idea. Stay tuned. May not be a video, but I can definitely make something work.

Any progress here???

Wade, you on vacation over there???
@Nearmint67 Not on vacation. It’s just going to take some time for me to put this together in a way I think will work.

So, how much time we talking about here Wade? 2 months? 6 months? 2030'????
You can do eeeeeeeeeeeeet.... If you try...

How did Wade cross the road, he took the first step...and kept on going....
Can we get a first step here @Wade_Story
Post 208 IP   flag post
CBCS Finalizer Wade_Story private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@Nearmint67 Live grading is tricky. It can be difficult to show specific defects on camera for photos, even with great lighting - let alone live video. That being said, I have made suggestions for some educational content, and I hope the idea will pick up steam soon. The approval process for new ideas tends to take some time.

Edit: After some pondering on how I could make this work for the forum, I think I have an idea. Stay tuned. May not be a video, but I can definitely make something work.

Any progress here???

@Nearmint67 Not on vacation. It’s just going to take some time for me to put this together in a way I think will work.

Every time you ask I add on 2 months , just kidding. In all seriousness, I have some pieces put together for one of the posts. My plan as it stands now would be individual posts about defects (what are they, what causes them- like foxing), pictures of different severities, how the grade is affected in a broad sense, and maybe a bit more general information. Unfortunately, videos just aren’t feasible for the forum at this time.

While this project is on my priority list, it is not exactly as high as some others. This is just going to be an individual thing for me to work on in my spare time to get for you all as a resource. (Unfortunately spare time is something that I don’t have a lot of right now). But I do want to get it done, and do it in a way I feel would be the most beneficial.
Post 209 IP   flag post
@Wade_Story We will be watching, and waiting, anticipating... lol....
You can dooooo eeeeeet..... right?!?!
Post 210 IP   flag post
@Wade_Story Any idea how to start a reholder order when the search form doesn't find the book?
Post 211 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
@Wade_Story Any idea how to start a reholder order when the search form doesn't find the book?

@figment If it is not finding the order it's probably an older slab from before the system transition. We can still look most of these up manually from our backend, but that doesn't help you to submit (sucks, I know). INSTEAD, go ahead and do the submission as if you're submitting for grading using the book title/issue #. You won't be charged until we receive & invoice on our end so we can adjust it once we do the manual lookup. We will probably just credit the difference in price ($12 for reholder vs. whatever the grading fee for that book is). Be sure to put "SEE WADE and REHOLDER" in big letters on the order. Also, send me a pic of the slab if you don't mind?

Hope this helps!
Post 212 IP   flag post
@Wade_Story Thanks, that helps. It's this one...

Post 213 IP   flag post
I'll be on the lookout!
Post 214 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Man, miss those labels. They are my favorite
Post 215 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Looks like a FF 14
I've got a cgc in 6.0

I have to admit I prefer the new CBCS labels
Post 216 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Wade_Story - Greetings. Have you guys seen an uptick in submissions the past month or two?
Post 217 IP   flag post
Collector Trixster private msg quote post Address this user
Somebody needs to explain to CBCS how credit cards work. I had been waiting for about a month for movement in my submission and checked on it seeing that it had not been paid even though they had my card listed. It does expire this month but it still is valid for the entire month.
Post 218 IP   flag post
@Trixster If you would like, you can message me your invoice # and I will check into what is going on.
Post 219 IP   flag post
Collector Trixster private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for responding. I just clicked on pay invoice using the same card that was listed already and paid the bill. I did not check the Forum until today.
Post 220 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Does cbcs grade pulp books?

Edit

Got email response

Thank you for contacting CBCS.

We apologize to inform you that we do not grade pulp magazines.

Alan Brown

Business Development Executive

Alanb@beckett.com

cbcscomics.com
Post 221 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte you are probably aware but the competitor does
Post 222 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Any progress here???

Every time you ask I add on 2 months , just kidding. In all seriousness, I have some pieces put together for one of the posts. My plan as it stands now would be individual posts about defects (what are they, what causes them- like foxing), pictures of different severities, how the grade is affected in a broad sense, and maybe a bit more general information. Unfortunately, videos just aren’t feasible for the forum at this time.

While this project is on my priority list, it is not exactly as high as some others. This is just going to be an individual thing for me to work on in my spare time to get for you all as a resource. (Unfortunately spare time is something that I don’t have a lot of right now). But I do want to get it done, and do it in a way I feel would be the most beneficial.

Say Wade, so the 2 months you added has come and gone. Any idea when you can spare some time for the forum community on this? Or will it be another 2 months???

Post 223 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67 If it were me, I might drag my feet just a little. What once held an interest to me might have lost some of its appeal, especially if a certain person kept banging on about it as if it were a homework assignment. I'm not saying Wade is doing that, but you know. If someone kept picking at me, it might expose a stubborn streak. Just a thought.
Post 224 IP   flag post
@DrWatson Yeah, I think I have beat that door too many times.
Not even something I need. My pal Borock educated me on how to grade years ago.
I thought having some insight as to how the graders at CBCS evaluate defects might help some of the lesser educated members regarding grading comics.
But I agree with you, I don't want to be thorn in the side. So I will leave Mr. Wade alone.
Post 225 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I thought having some insight as to how the graders at CBCS evaluate defects might help some of the lesser educated members regarding grading comics.
But I agree with you, I don't want to be thorn in the side. So I will leave Mr. Wade alone.

I sure hope this was not a "political" ploy of; "Tell them what they want to hear but do little towards furthering the issue."
Post 226 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
I would like to see some kitchen content from @Wade_Story.
Post 227 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
@Wade_Story helped me quite a bit last week.

Unfortunately he couldn’t help any further and he hoped customer service could. I knew that was the end of my plight right there, Customer Service.
Post 228 IP   flag post
Quote:

I agree that this insight would be valuable to have permanently on the forum. Unfortunately, the reality is I just don’t have the time to complete the project at the moment. It truly is a homework assignment, in that it is something that will have to be done on my personal time. So for now I would say later rather than sooner.

We have got some new stuff going on at home, and as much as I love comic books… I can only bring so much of my work home with me before the wife gets upset 😂.
Post 229 IP   flag post
@HAmistoso

Some stuff I’ve cooked over the last couple of years. In order: smoked turkey, smoked pork tacos, deep dish pizza, Irish soda bread, & shepherd’s pie. I’ve done a lot more, as I’m the primary cook in the house, but these are all the photos I’ve got!
Post 230 IP   flag post
618083 278 30