Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS- Community Engagement20304

I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
I'd like to see West pop in and out like Steve did but I'm sure he's really busy.
Post 176 IP   flag post
Collector sborock_ComicLink private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215
I'd like to see West pop in and out like Steve did but I'm sure he's really busy.

He is!
Post 177 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock_ComicLink
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215
I'd like to see West pop in and out like Steve did but I'm sure he's really busy.

He is!


Man, I'm tired of being right haha! Thanks Godfather!!
Post 178 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Will CBCS be at NYCC?? Id much rather drop books off there than at well , those other guys.
Post 179 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Could we down vote posts like Reddit??
Post 180 IP   flag post


being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215
Could we down vote posts like Reddit??


This is the best idea I've heard in years!!!
Post 181 IP   flag post
CBCS Finalizer Wade_Story private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215
Will CBCS be at NYCC?? Id much rather drop books off there than at well , those other guys.

@ComicNinja0215 I think it is relatively safe to assume we will be there, but I am not sure this has been made concrete yet.
Post 182 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@Wade_Story no worries! I don't even know ow why I suggested it but I was trying to think of something that might arouse curiosity from some members.
Post 183 IP   flag post
It's chicken Monday. Rush_is_a_band private msg quote post Address this user
Question for @wade_story or anyone working at CBCS.
I’ve got a submission that I’d like to hand deliver. Is this a thing that can happen?
If yes, do I need to make an appointment? What is the address of where I would need to go?
Post 184 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
I can actually help with this one, @Rush_is_a_band, as I just had to schedule a pick up appointment for last Thursday.

The drop-off location is the Summit Avenue location in Plano, TX, that appears on your invoice.

The link to setup an appointment is here:

https://waitwhile.com/welcome/book-appointment-hq?qr=true

Hope this helps. And, hopefully, @wade_story or someone else working for CBCS can back me up on this.
Post 185 IP   flag post
CBCS Finalizer Wade_Story private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
I can actually help with this one, @Rush_is_a_band, as I just had to schedule a pick up appointment for last Thursday.

The drop-off location is the Summit Avenue location in Plano, TX, that appears on your invoice.

The link to setup an appointment is here:

https://waitwhile.com/welcome/book-appointment-hq?qr=true

Hope this helps. And, hopefully, @wade_story or someone else working for CBCS can back me up on this.

@Rush_is_a_band @DWeeB1967 This is accurate. If you have any issues scheduling an appointment let me know and I can see what I can assist with from my end.
Post 186 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@Wade_Story Thanks for verifying.

I did actually have one comment about my own pickup experience from last week.

The pickup itself went flawlessly. I walked in, told the woman at the front desk my name and told her that I had a pickup appointment. She verified the appointment on her computer screen then briefly left the lobby returning with my books minutes later. Everything looked good with the labels, etc. and I was good to go.

My only comment is that she never asked for any proof of identification (driver's license, etc.). I would think that proof of identification would be required when picking up books and I would absolutely expect to be required to show proof of ID when picking up expensive books (these were not overly expensive).

Just a helpful (hopefully) suggestion.
Post 187 IP   flag post
It's chicken Monday. Rush_is_a_band private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the confirmation everyone!
Post 188 IP   flag post
It's chicken Monday. Rush_is_a_band private msg quote post Address this user
My appointment is Wednesday at 2:15pm.
I’d rather drive from Austin and back tomorrow than put these books in the mail ungraded.
See y’all tomorrow!
Post 189 IP   flag post
CBCS Finalizer Wade_Story private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
@Wade_Story Thanks for verifying.

I did actually have one comment about my own pickup experience from last week.

The pickup itself went flawlessly. I walked in, told the woman at the front desk my name and told her that I had a pickup appointment. She verified the appointment on her computer screen then briefly left the lobby returning with my books minutes later. Everything looked good with the labels, etc. and I was good to go.

My only comment is that she never asked for any proof of identification (driver's license, etc.). I would think that proof of identification would be required when picking up books and I would absolutely expect to be required to show proof of ID when picking up expensive books (these were not overly expensive).

Just a helpful (hopefully) suggestion.


@DWeeB1967 Thank you for the feedback!
Post 190 IP   flag post
CBCS Finalizer Wade_Story private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush_is_a_band
My appointment is Wednesday at 2:15pm.
I’d rather drive from Austin and back tomorrow than put these books in the mail ungraded.
See y’all tomorrow!

@Rush_is_a_band If you have got the time, I'd love to meet you! Just a quick chat, I can't be away from the books too long or they start to yell at me.
Post 191 IP   flag post
It's chicken Monday. Rush_is_a_band private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds great!
Post 192 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade_Story
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush_is_a_band
My appointment is Wednesday at 2:15pm.
I’d rather drive from Austin and back tomorrow than put these books in the mail ungraded.
See y’all tomorrow!

@Rush_is_a_band If you have got the time, I'd love to meet you! Just a quick chat, I can't be away from the books too long or they start to yell at me.


The books yell at you? That sounds terrifying.
Post 193 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade_Story
@Nearmint67 Live grading is tricky. It can be difficult to show specific defects on camera for photos, even with great lighting - let alone live video. That being said, I have made suggestions for some educational content, and I hope the idea will pick up steam soon. The approval process for new ideas tends to take some time.

Edit: After some pondering on how I could make this work for the forum, I think I have an idea. Stay tuned. May not be a video, but I can definitely make something work.


Any progress here???
Post 194 IP   flag post
Collector BrashLimburg private msg quote post Address this user
Any updates on a new forum? This thing is so clunky and really doesn’t help enhancement. Who is the person responsible for the website?
Post 195 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade_Story
@Nearmint67 Live grading is tricky. It can be difficult to show specific defects on camera for photos, even with great lighting - let alone live video. That being said, I have made suggestions for some educational content, and I hope the idea will pick up steam soon. The approval process for new ideas tends to take some time.

Edit: After some pondering on how I could make this work for the forum, I think I have an idea. Stay tuned. May not be a video, but I can definitely make something work.


Any progress here???


Wade, you on vacation over there???
Post 196 IP   flag post
CBCS Finalizer Wade_Story private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade_Story
@Nearmint67 Live grading is tricky. It can be difficult to show specific defects on camera for photos, even with great lighting - let alone live video. That being said, I have made suggestions for some educational content, and I hope the idea will pick up steam soon. The approval process for new ideas tends to take some time.

Edit: After some pondering on how I could make this work for the forum, I think I have an idea. Stay tuned. May not be a video, but I can definitely make something work.


Any progress here???


Wade, you on vacation over there???
@Nearmint67 Not on vacation. It’s just going to take some time for me to put this together in a way I think will work.
Post 197 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade_Story
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade_Story
@Nearmint67 Live grading is tricky. It can be difficult to show specific defects on camera for photos, even with great lighting - let alone live video. That being said, I have made suggestions for some educational content, and I hope the idea will pick up steam soon. The approval process for new ideas tends to take some time.

Edit: After some pondering on how I could make this work for the forum, I think I have an idea. Stay tuned. May not be a video, but I can definitely make something work.


Any progress here???


Wade, you on vacation over there???
@Nearmint67 Not on vacation. It’s just going to take some time for me to put this together in a way I think will work.


You can do eeeeeet....
Post 198 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I would like to provide what I hope is constructive criticism of CBCS. It might be a little early to do so but I'd rather get on with it now while I'm chill and won't embarrass myself.

I've always had my biggest problems with the "received" and "billing" portions of the submission process. This coming from a guy that once had an order take 9 months to be marked as either. Man, some people don't have the money to sit around and wait for, let's say, a 500 dollar charge to be applied. However, that was then, this is now.

Fast forward years and it's to my understanding CBCS bills on site, at a con, for book drop offs. Card reader and everything. That didn't bother me at all, I liked it actually. I figured it would get the ball rolling on the part of a submission I've had the most trouble with.

Fast forward 11 business days and 2 and a half weeks and one of the subs, yes one, which makes it even more weird, hasn't been "received" or "billed". I've said it before and I'll say it again, I've never cared about TAT one bit. I will continue to scrutinize monetary issues and the knowledge of where my books are though.

Anyways, my 2 cents, professionally I hope. I feel like other fools will be mentioning it if the card reader at a con is new and continues.
Post 199 IP   flag post
Collector BrashLimburg private msg quote post Address this user
Could we also get some feedback on if Photos of the books will become free like the competition is doing? I can't imagine it a) costs much b) adds a significant revenue stream and if that's the case I don't think CBCS wants to fall behind the standard if it wants to be a viable alternative in the market.
Post 200 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Could there be a membership incentive?? I know they do that across the street but couldn't hurt.
Post 201 IP   flag post
Collector Travis private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215
Could there be a membership incentive?? I know they do that across the street but couldn't hurt.

Nope this shouldn’t be some inclusive club that you have to pay to join to get your comics slabed and graded that one of the reasons that I even went with cbcs over cgc because they didn’t have membership fees
Post 202 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215
Could there be a membership incentive?? I know they do that across the street but couldn't hurt.

Nope this shouldn’t be some inclusive club that you have to pay to join to get your comics slabed and graded that one of the reasons that I even went with cbcs over cgc because they didn’t have membership fees


Valid point 👍👍👍
Post 203 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215
Could there be a membership incentive?? I know they do that across the street but couldn't hurt.

Nope this shouldn’t be some inclusive club that you have to pay to join to get your comics slabed and graded that one of the reasons that I even went with cbcs over cgc because they didn’t have membership fees

I pay $120 renewal of my membership and with that I get $150 submission credit. CGC is paying me to use them.

If I don't do it within the renewal window then I pay $150 for the $150 credit.

The bonuses that come with that are of no interest to me.

CBCS stopped offering vouchers for some reason. Not sure if it's because customer service didn't seem familiar with them or a disinterest in giving paying members any tangible appreciation.
Post 204 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @Wade_Story - I'd like to emphasize @BrashLimburg's post about imaging. This is not something the submitter should have to pay for. CBCS has been making great strides in many areas, and this is one that you should not let the folks in Sarasota get too far ahead with.
Post 205 IP   flag post
601204 205 30
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.