Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrashLimburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade_Story
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrashLimburg
Is there a CBCS discord? An official one?

@BrashLimburg Very interesting question, an official one through CBCS itself? Not at this time. Is that something you would be interested in?

I think it would be great. Steve mentioned updating the forum but in my experience more communities are moving to discord. It helps foster realtime interactions and build community through live chats and other features. Definitely something to look into.

I'm old and I dislike change.

I agree. The only discord I know goes hand in hand with strife.

I'm old too and can never tell what discord belongs too - is discord here the charger for dat thing there???
Post 76 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock_ComicLink Hi Steve! Miss ya

@Wade_Story Welcome Wade! Glad you're here and I have NO questions for you lol!

I guess I fall in that "old fart" category as well as some of the others. I also don't care for change too much. I love this forum. It's like an old comfortable chair that you are very familiar with and you just don't want to get rid of it.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector sborock_ComicLink private msg quote post Address this user
@RRO Thank you so very much for the kind words!!!
Post 78 IP   flag post
@OGJackster Missed you too!!!
Post 79 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know if Discord is the greatest idea, maybe for the forum members only. When I used Discord in school, it was the best/fastest way to get ahold of classmates and teachers. Sure this sounds like a great idea, but that might mean having a dedicated department for responding to subjects/questions. If this happens there's a chance that costs may go up in order to justify the dedication to forum members. The idea is cool, because who wouldn't want info faster. I still use Discord, but now it's so full of information and groups, it's kind of a hassle reading through all the user posts/comments etc. Just like any other social media platform to voice comments, concerns, crap and conundrums.
Post 80 IP   flag post

@Wade_Story Yes, that would be fun! Have Beckett pay for a trip to the sunshine state by telling them I am going to give you some pointers to help you become more knowledgable and also intoduce you to big players that could become big CBCS submitters!
Then we just hang out by my pool, grab great dinners, talk comics and the hobby, and you can meet some cool hobbyists here. LOL!!!

Seriously, would be great to meet and hang out with ya!
Post 81 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock_ComicLink
@RRO Thank you so very much for the kind words!!!

Back when it was in "Zip" shape and Bristol Fashion.
Post 82 IP   flag post
Collector BrashLimburg private msg quote post Address this user
Well, Iโ€™d still be interested but maybe Discord is an idea ahead of its time.
Post 83 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock_ComicLink

I'd like to know when the old management left as I haven't submitted since Baltimore 2022 but am planning on doing so this coming OAX and would like to continue using CBCS especially if a change like that could be good for the brand. As others have stated here the main reason people who have knowledge of the collecting world and of who you are came to CBCS because you were the founder of the project. Lastly, I called you a couple of days ago brother but got no answer. Are you still attending OAX before Megacon? It would be good to see you again brother! I'll try to call you again to talk for a bit. Take care Steve!
Post 84 IP   flag post
@SpiderTim Hey brother! I never got a VM or saw the call. SORRY!

ComicLink and I will be set up at OAX and, for the first time, at MegaCon. You going to both, or just OAX? LMK. Send me an email with the best times (EST) and days to call ya. I am attending a small con in FL tomorrow and it's a four-hour drive. You can call me from 6:30am-9:30am or from 3pm-6pm if ya want. Really looking forward to the show in the morning seeing some friends, looking at comics and art and I have a killer consignment to pick up, then lunch with one of my favorite people in our hobby! YAY!๐Ÿ‘

As to the Change in management, I am not sure about exact dates. It was after I had left, but I am hearing through the grapevine that the changes already made are really good and that the new management has some great things to implement going further! Great news for all!!!

Thanks, as always, for the kind words! That said, even though I started the company and set many of the grading standards, ethics and guidelines, it was a team effort. I could not have done as much without the help of the original team (many are still there, which is fantastic) and, of course, Pam.

Can't wait to see ya my dear friend! Love to the family!๐Ÿ’–
โ˜ฎ
Post 85 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74

๐Ÿ™‚
Not my quote. @DrWatson posted this quote and I thought it was good. I just erased the other 7 quotes before his.
Not a plagiarist
๐Ÿ™‚
Post 86 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

๐Ÿ™‚

Not my quote. @DrWatson posted this quote and I thought it was good. I just erased the other 7 quotes before his.
Not a plagiarist

๐Ÿ™‚

There we go!
Also not illiterate
๐Ÿคฃ

Post 87 IP   flag post
Come on you all! Let CBCS know what you want to help your collecting/certification experience.
Wade came on here to help YOU as well as CBCS!!!
I would like a "registry" and updated forum......
Post 88 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I would agree that a Registry is one of CBCS' Achilles heels. They don't understand the umph the Registry competition gives to books graded by the cgc. It puts worthless books in demand.
Post 89 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Registry for sure.

What are the chances of CBCS character labels like CGC? Personally, I'm not a fan but I know many do like them and I'd like CBCS to compete with CGC.

Pricing: Assuming CBCS is not inundated with submissions, introduce a permanent pricing discount based on the # of books submitted per submission. Example, submit 5-9 books get 5% discount...10-19 books get 10% discount..and so on up to a maximum 15% or 20% discount.

Promote/advertise the big grail GA/SA books that are in CBCS slabs. I saw that Batman 1(?) 4.0 book for the new label....beautiful!! More should see that and know about that. Maybe you're doing that on social media (IG, X, TikTok) but I'm only on Youtube and here so maybe point is moot.
Post 90 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Registry for sure.

What are the chances of CBCS character labels like CGC? Personally, I'm not a fan but I know many do like them and I'd like CBCS to compete with CGC.

Personally, I'm not a fan of a "flashy" label. The comic book speaks for itself and should not be over powered by the label. I prefer a label that's simple, direct and to the point. I want to MARVEL (some pun intended) at the comic book.
Post 91 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock_ComicLink
Come on you all! Let CBCS know what you want to help your collecting/certification experience.
Wade came on here to help YOU as well as CBCS!!!
I would like a "registry" and updated forum......

Registry, customer service improvements, and better communications on the forum of signings and promos. Maybe a forum member discount? Make us feel pretty.
Post 92 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
OoooOoo a discount!!!
Post 93 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Could we use a different submission form?? Just throwing ideas...
Post 94 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock_ComicLink A registry is definitely on the horizon.

@GAC Chances of character labels are non existent at this time. Given the complexity of the new CBCS label there's no way we could do it. Maybe for the next rebranding we'll consider it, but you'll probably lose the holofoil grades.

Various discounts and maybe even tier restructuring are a possibility.

We're definitely trying to promote more things like the Batman 1. You'll start seeing more of this. We'll use Wade's beautiful face to make some videos.

@Cli4dR3D0g I'll see what we can do about Signature promotion. I do think we need some help there.
Post 95 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Since I'm not a CGC fan and have no idea what a REGISTRY is can someone please explain it to me? If it's what I think it might be it could be cool.
Post 96 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
Since I'm not a CGC fan and have no idea what a REGISTRY is can someone please explain it to me? If it's what I think it might be it could be cool.
CGCs registry lets you literally register your certifications for a digital reference of your slabs. Mostly used for bragging rights. Itโ€™s pro I guess keeping track of your slabs. Its con is adding any random slab you want; you donโ€™t have to own a slab to add it to your registry.

I think CBCSs population report is fine though incomplete from data loss at one point. Itโ€™s nice to see how many CBCS slabs of a book there are broken down by grade and type. I personally have access to minimal number of slabs and know what they are and catalog all my books via another source. so any type of CBCS specific cataloging is not necessary for me. Iโ€™d rather CBCS fix CS and develop relations for more authentic signature events than develop a registry. Itโ€™d be nice if some artists could be swayed from CGC exclusive opportunities. To each their own.
Post 97 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Bring back CBCS Canada!!!!
For some reason shipping from CBCS is way more than from CGC or from MCS...I just don't get it

Had bad experience with the last partner?? - try partnering with a major Canadian comic seller/distributer who could more effectively roll you into their existing operations (Mr. Sulipa????)
Post 98 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Had bad experience with the last partner?? - try partnering with a major Canadian comic seller/distributer who could more effectively roll you into their existing operations (Mr. Sulipa????)

But PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not make your website look like Sulipa's website!!!
Post 99 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Quote:

But PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not make your website look like Sulipa's website!!!

I don't know...it is way more searchable than Chucks!!! Ctrl +F is your best friend on Dougs site
Post 100 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I don't know...it is way more searchable than Chucks!!! Ctrl F is your best friend on Dougs site
True.
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Bring back CBCS Canada!!!!

Though I'm not against bringing this back for those who would use it, I would never use this again myself. All it ever did was add an additional 4 months to my TAT (2 months to get to CBCS and 2 more months on the way back). It wasn't worth the few dollars it saved.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock_ComicLink will do!
Post 103 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing to add...but fun to read!
Post 104 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversorrow
All it ever did was add an additional 4 months to my TAT

CBCS Canada was good for bringing new members to the forum. Typical first post: "WHERE MY BOOKS AT???"
Post 105 IP   flag post
615416 278 30