Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS- Community Engagement20304

I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67 om sure he's doing just fine. We miss him a lot though. To the godfather 🍺🍺🍺
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector sborock_ComicLink private msg quote post Address this user
Hey all!
I have been incredibly busy as I am also taking care of my 85-year-old mother now while juggling work and home life with my 5 grandkids. Work at ComicLink is great but crazy busy with consignments, I have brought in 2 million worth of consignments in under a year. Crazy!

I miss you all so very much!!!!

Wade, thanks so much for doing this!!!! I have been telling people at CBCS that this kind of interaction with the community is very important, since we founded the company and made sure it was legit and HOBBY FRIENDLY.

I love CBCS and the people on the forum. It does need an overhaul though.

You need a registry, to compete with CGC. It will up the prices of CBCS books when collectors compete.

I will be starting to post again on the forums to help collectors and, if possible, CBCS. After all, it was my baby and a dream for a legit 2nd certification company collectors could trust. I hate monopolies! It went downhill, so I left, even though I stayed longer than I wanted to. Glad to see some changes in the right direction! It's awesome!

As always, sorry for the rant!
I don't check messages here. If anyone wants to email me, it's sborock@comiclink.com. Always happy to hear from you all!
Happy collecting everyone and thanks again Wade!
Steve (Yes, that old hippie!)
Post 52 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock_ComicLink
Hey all!
I have been incredibly busy as I am also taking care of my 85-year-old mother now while juggling work and home life with my 5 grandkids. Work at ComicLink is great but crazy busy with consignments, I have brought in 2 million worth of consignments in under a year. Crazy!

Wade, thanks so much for doing this!!!! I have been telling people at CBCS that this kind of interaction with the community is very important, since we founded the company and made sure it was legit and HOBBY FRIENLY.

You need a registry, to compete with CGC. It will up the prices of CBCS books when collectors compete.

I will be starting to post again on the forums to help collectors and, if possible, CBCS. After all, it was my baby and a dream for a legit 2nd certification company collectors could trust. I hate monopolies! It went downhill, so I left, even though I stayed longer than I wanted to. Glad to see some changes in the right direction! It's awesome!

I don't check messages here. If anyone wants to email me, it's sborock@comiclink.com. Always happy to hear from you all!

EDIT:
Wade- You should do something for Jesse Olsen. He has been on board since day one and is the best moderator. He is not wealty and spends a lot of time helping CBCS on here and he doesn't get squat. IMHO
Post 53 IP   flag post
To jesse!!! Cheers!!!!🍺🍺🍺
Post 54 IP   flag post
I've had such great relationships with everyone here at cbcs and I forsook them all to play in the cgc sandbox. I owe everyone here an apology. 😭
Post 55 IP   flag post

Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215
I've had such great relationships with everyone here at cbcs and I forsook them all to play in the cgc sandbox. I owe everyone here an apology. 😭

Post 56 IP   flag post
@HulkSmash yeah, in a sense lol

Now I want chicken wings 🀣
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
To Steve and Jesse!!
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Hey all!

Wade, thanks so much for doing this!!!! I have been telling people at CBCS that this kind of interaction with the community is very important, since we founded the company and made sure it was legit and HOBBY FRIENLY.

EDIT:
Wade- You should do something for Jesse Olsen. He has been on board since day one and is the best moderator. He is not wealty and spends a lot of time helping CBCS on here and he doesn't get squat. IMHO

Yes indeed.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector BrashLimburg private msg quote post Address this user
I just want to say that this is great. I don’t need CBCS (or any company) to be perfect but I expect transparency if they want to gain my trust. Having a current grader and Steve in the same thread? Chef’s Kiss.

I’ve been on the fence about submitting books anywhere given Slabgate, but I think I’m gonna send some your way to dip my toe back in.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Hey all!
Re-reading my last post this morning, I feel like I did not really explain enough. Sorry!

1st. I left CBCS because of the OLD management who are no longer there.

2nd. I love CBCS. The people that I know there are amazing! You have two top Finalizers, West and Mark, who are amazing graders and fantastic at catching restoration! All of the graders and the pressing dept are always working hard for you and the entire collecting community! Steve Ricketts is one of the best pressers in the world and his crew, especially Paul and Josha, are amazing! Steve also helps with many projects to make CBCS an even better company! I stayed longer than I wanted to because I think CBCS is a great company and I have so many friends there that I care so much about.

3rd. I was referring to the forum when I wrote "Needed an overhaul".

4th. The holder, new label, the verified signature program, the opportunities for great signings (Thanks to Matt Edwards!), the OA label and many other positive things are great for all in our amazing hobby.

5th. Jesse. The old management said they would do something really good for him, but never came through. I have not mentioned this to the new management, so I am sure they do not know how much he does for our community on here and FB.

Wade seems to really want your feedback and that will only help you and CBCS in the long run! So happy that he started this thread!
Thanks again Wade!!!

Once again, sorry for the rant!
Peace,
Steve

Oh, BTW...I will be at Megacon this Feb. Reach out if you want, and maybe some of us can all get together for lunch or dinner. That would be fun! Just email me if you are going.
Post 61 IP   flag post
@sborock_ComicLink we love you steve!!! Thanks to everyone for makinf6cbcs great!
Post 62 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock_ComicLink so very awesome to read from you, and everyone. Thanks for dropping the skinny!🍻
Post 63 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Hey all!

EDIT:
Here here.
Post 64 IP   flag post
Is there a CBCS discord? An official one?
Post 65 IP   flag post
CBCS Finalizer Wade_Story private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrashLimburg

@BrashLimburg Very interesting question, an official one through CBCS itself? Not at this time. Is that something you would be interested in?
Post 66 IP   flag post
Quote:
Hey all!
Re-reading my last post this morning, I feel like I did not really explain enough. Sorry!

2nd. I love CBCS. The people that I know there are amazing! You have two top Finalizers, West and Mark, who are amazing graders and fantastic at catching restoration! All of the graders and the pressing dept are always working hard for you and the entire collecting community! Steve Ricketts is one of the best pressers in the world and his crew, especially Paul and Josha, are amazing! Steve also helps with many projects to make CBCS an even better company! I stayed longer than I wanted to because I think CBCS is a great company and I have so many friends there that I care so much about.

4th. The holder, new label, the verified signature program, the opportunities for great signings (Thanks to Matt Edwards!), the OA label and many other positive things are great for all in our amazing hobby.

5th. Jesse. The old management said they would do something really good for him, but never came through. I have not mentioned this to the new management, so I am sure they do not know how much he does for our community on here and FB.

Wade seems to really want your feedback and that will only help you and CBCS in the long run! So happy that he started this thread!
Thanks again Wade!!!

Peace,
Steve

Oh, BTW...I will be at Megacon this Feb. Reach out if you want, and maybe some of us can all get together for lunch or dinner. That would be fun! Just email me if you are going.

@sborock_ComicLink Thank you for your perspective Steve. We certainly do want the feedback from EVERYONE. Obviously you and I have never officially met (I came after), but hope to get the chance some day!
Post 67 IP   flag post
Maybe we should do a podcast ??? πŸ‘
Post 68 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Hey all!

Thanks again Wade!!!

Peace,
Steve

My own explanation list:
1st. You were the reason I gave all of my slabbing business to CBCS.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade_Story
Quote:

@BrashLimburg Very interesting question, an official one through CBCS itself? Not at this time. Is that something you would be interested in?

I think it would be great. Steve mentioned updating the forum but in my experience more communities are moving to discord. It helps foster realtime interactions and build community through live chats and other features. Definitely something to look into.
Post 70 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I think it would be great. Steve mentioned updating the forum but in my experience more communities are moving to discord. It helps foster realtime interactions and build community through live chats and other features. Definitely something to look into.

I'm old and I dislike change.
Post 71 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I agree. The only discord I know goes hand in hand with strife.
Post 72 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user

πŸ™‚
Post 73 IP   flag post
If there was a discord server, I think we would still keep the forums around also. 😊
Post 74 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74

πŸ™‚

Post 75 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm old too and can never tell what discord belongs too - is discord here the charger for dat thing there???
Post 76 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock_ComicLink Hi Steve! Miss ya

@Wade_Story Welcome Wade! Glad you're here and I have NO questions for you lol!

I guess I fall in that "old fart" category as well as some of the others. I also don't care for change too much. I love this forum. It's like an old comfortable chair that you are very familiar with and you just don't want to get rid of it.
Post 77 IP   flag post
@RRO Thank you so very much for the kind words!!!
Post 78 IP   flag post
@OGJackster Missed you too!!!
Post 79 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know if Discord is the greatest idea, maybe for the forum members only. When I used Discord in school, it was the best/fastest way to get ahold of classmates and teachers. Sure this sounds like a great idea, but that might mean having a dedicated department for responding to subjects/questions. If this happens there's a chance that costs may go up in order to justify the dedication to forum members. The idea is cool, because who wouldn't want info faster. I still use Discord, but now it's so full of information and groups, it's kind of a hassle reading through all the user posts/comments etc. Just like any other social media platform to voice comments, concerns, crap and conundrums.
Post 80 IP   flag post
615416 278 30