Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedGrading Help Needed

CBCS sticker?20295

Collector GothamBridge private msg quote post Address this user
I came across a auction listing, and it has a CBCS sticker, with a bar code and a 7.5 grade. It is NOT encapsulated? I have not seen this before. Is this legit? If I submit this book to CBCS will it be encapsulated at 7.5?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector HooperSchaefer private msg quote post Address this user
Might have been a raw graded comic, which IS something CBCS offers. It would have to be re-graded.

clickable text
Post 2 IP   flag post
I was not aware of that, thanks so much, I suppose it has its uses.

I thank you for your help!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds like Raw Grade. CBCS Raw Grade should have a tamper seal on the back. Ask for photos of the back; full length and close up of the seal. If they decline or avoid your request then pass.

They are holofoil and look like this.

Post 4 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
Solid info.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I asked for that picture and its been crickets, i'm totally passing on that auction. Great help friends!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Travis private msg quote post Address this user
Was it a secret wars 8
Post 7 IP   flag post
sure is
Post 8 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
If it's on eBay, and the seller accepts returns, really not a risk. You can buy it, and check it out to your heart's content. If you have any concerns, you can return it for any reason, or even no reason.

If not accepting returns, definitely avoid.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by chester15
If it's on eBay, and the seller accepts returns, really not a risk. You can buy it, and check it out to your heart's content. If you have any concerns, you can return it for any reason, or even no reason.

who needs headaches though. Especially if you have to fight that you are not the one who tampered with it.
Post 10 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Quote:
Originally Posted by chester15

who needs headaches though. Especially if you have to fight that you are not the one who tampered with it.

I didn't look for the listing, but the price, if low enough, could be a determining factor, risk/reward thing. If legit, good price, no headache. If it seems sketchy, send it back, mild headache.
Post 11 IP   flag post
615415 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?