NFL Football

2023 NFL Week 18 picks and discussion20292

Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
F*** the Ravens
Post 151 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Well, KC goes to the SuperBowl ... again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@Jesse_O the entire team is to blame. So many boneheaded penalties and plays.

Yep!!! But you know Flowers will catch most of it for his taunting and fumble.
Post 152 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
So glad to have picked the first game wrong, hoping to get the second one wrong too. Since it can't be Tampa Bay and Houston let it be Detroit and KC!
Post 153 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelekrupp

THAT was an entertaining half of football. Gibbs knows Barry is watching
Post 154 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Lions O Line getting it done big time. They need to keep running the ball and control the clock in this second half.Kirby says lets get it done.
Post 155 IP   flag post

Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like it’s one quarter for a trip to the Super Bowl…
Post 156 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like the Lions will have to settle for almost got there...
Whoever wins I will be rooting for them.
Post 157 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Wow. That was tough to watch. It was a tale of two halves. Lions dominated the first half, the 49ers dominated the second half.
Post 158 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O Yes, really tough to watch that 2nd half.
Post 159 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 160 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
I imagine there will be some questioning of the decision to forgo the two field goal attempts only to fail twice on fourth down. It should be noted that the Lions kicking game over 45 yards has been less than automatic. I was okay with the first one, but the second one I feel was a little more questionable. It was three yards, a pretty long distance for a first down pickup. Also, given the situation in the game at that time, a field goal would have slowed the 49ers momentum, while the failed conversion dumped gasoline on the fire. I can’t fault Campbell for sticking to his guns; his aggressiveness got them that far, after all. I just think that the specific situation on the second try may have deserved a little more consideration.
Post 161 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Quote:
I imagine there will be some questioning of the decision to forgo the two field goal attempts only to fail twice on fourth down. It should be noted that the Lions kicking game over 45 yards has been less than automatic. I was okay with the first one, but the second one I feel was a little more questionable. It was three yards, a pretty long distance for a first down pickup. Also, given the situation in the game at that time, a field goal would have slowed the 49ers momentum, while the failed conversion dumped gasoline on the fire. I can’t fault Campbell for sticking to his guns; his aggressiveness got them that far, after all. I just think that the specific situation on the second try may have deserved a little more consideration.

I totally agree with you on that assessment. 👍🏻
Post 162 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I totally don’t give a 💩 about anything.
Post 163 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
I truly hope SF stomps the sh#t out of KC. But personally I don't see that happening.
Post 164 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
I totally don’t give a 💩 about anything.

I'm right there with you. Terrible outcomes. Detroit was the only team left that I had any desire to see win a Super Bowl. I have no intention of tuning in to watch the Taylor Swift Super Bowl party in two weeks. If I turn on the TV it will be for the Puppy Bowl.

Quote:
I imagine there will be some questioning of the decision to forgo the two field goal attempts only to fail twice on fourth down. It should be noted that the Lions kicking game over 45 yards has been less than automatic. I was okay with the first one, but the second one I feel was a little more questionable. It was three yards, a pretty long distance for a first down pickup

I agree, it wasn't the decisions that bothered me so much as the execuation opened to door to questioning the specific plays that were called. Analytics are evolving the game in favor of 4th down attempts and 2-point conversions. I think Offensive Coordinators of the future will spend more time designing a whole slate of 3-yard pass plays that have multiple options in them. Teams without mobile quarterbacks might even consider having a back-up QB who gives them a better run-pass option in those situations.
Post 165 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
I truly hope SF stomps the sh#t out of KC. But personally I don't see that happening.

I'll be happy if SF has a 1 point lead at games end.
Post 166 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Post 167 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Wow. That was tough to watch. It was a tale of two halves. Lions dominated the first half, the 49ers dominated the second half.

I didn't have one single doubt in my mind at halftime.
I had several.
Post 168 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
I will take SF’s 59% winning chance for the championship!

I would like to thank @Jesse_O for the awesome CBCS NFL Pick ‘Em championship trophy. He went above and beyond trying to get the right one to me.

This is truly the beast! It’s beefy and mean looking!!

I am going to put it along side my other gaming trophy. Thanks again, Jesse!
Post 169 IP   flag post
That’s so cool. Congrats @jake!
Post 170 IP   flag post
I feel like there’s gotta be a way for us to contribute to @Jesse_O or @zdoes10’s comic collection’s for orchestrating everything. I know it’s all in good fun but it Was exactly that.
Post 171 IP   flag post
Very cool.
Post 172 IP   flag post

Post 173 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Go Niners.....
We can't stands them stinkin' chiefs...
Post 174 IP   flag post
Collector Neutrons private msg quote post Address this user
San Francisco
Post 175 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
I may go with Kermit,🤣🤣🤣!
Post 176 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
I've got to go with KC. Mahomes and Kelce are just too good in the high stakes games.
Post 177 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Today's the big game!

Go local sports team!!

Score those homeruns!!!
Post 178 IP   flag post
I feel that the 49ers have a better team but I don't think I can trust Purdy in this game. I think Mahomes will be the Xfactor and the difference maker. I also think the Chiefs defense keeps CMC to under a 100 yards total with just 1 TD from him. Final score prediction 24-21 Chiefs.
Post 179 IP   flag post
Collector Surf75 private msg quote post Address this user
9ers!
Post 180 IP   flag post
615416 189 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?