Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
NFL Football

2023 NFL Week 18 picks and discussion20292

I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user

Post 26 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders @HeinzDad I got your picks
Post 27 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry @zdoes10

Post 28 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Let’s light this candle!

Post 30 IP   flag post

-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@michaelekrupp I'd say the Lions have got the makings of a roaring bonfire!! 🔥
Post 31 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
@michaelekrupp congrats!!!! At least the Vikes kept it interesting for you.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O Thanks, brother! It occurs to me that this game for Minnesota was sort of a microcosm of their season: the beginning and the end kind of sucked, but they looked pretty good in the middle. I think the Vikings will be back in the thick of things next year. It was mostly about the injuries this season. I am interested to see what they do about the QB position moving forward.

I am also interested in what the Bears are going to do at the QB position. Fields has proven (to me, at least)that he can possibly turn into a legitimate NFL QB. He made some throws over the last half of the season. It is at least worth considering keeping Fields and cashing in that first overall pick for what would doubtless be substantial draft capital. If they go that route they need to prioritize upgrading the O-Line to give Fields a fair chance. Or is there a QB coming out this year that they feel is a can’t miss prospect?

It’s going to be an interesting off season in the NFC North 🤔
Post 33 IP   flag post
Congratulations to @Michaelkrupp this week's winner with 13 Correct picks.

Post 34 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Congrats @Michaelekrupp!!!

Thank you @zdoes10 for tracking the wins again this year!!!

Congrats to @Jake for finishing first overall for the season!!!! I'll send you a message tomorrow concerning the trophy.

Thanks everyone for making this fun again this year!!!

I'll start a playoff thread tomorrow.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats to @Jake for the season win. All the rest of the forum are awesome to play against.
Post 36 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats to @Jake on the most wins this season and also to @Michaelekrupp for coming in 2nd place!
Post 37 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O, glade to be of service.

below is the playoff schedule if anyone wants to pick them.

Just send your picks and I will add them.

Post 38 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Houston
Kansas City
Buffalo
Dallas
Detroit
Philadelphia
Post 39 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
Texans
Chiefs
Steelers
Cowboys
Lions
Eagles
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector Neutrons private msg quote post Address this user
Texans
Miami
Steelers
Cowboys
Lions
Tampa Bay
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector Surf75 private msg quote post Address this user
Yea, yea, congrats @jake or somethin'.. Sore non-winner checking in. 17 game season, 32 teams. 272 games. I picked 158 games right out of that 272 for a 58% vs. the winners 67%.

Atlanta burned me a lot this season, so did my loser Colts. Damn! Fun but Damn still...
Post 42 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
@jake
You ran away with it!
Good job and you should consider being a sports book as a side hustle
Post 43 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
@ToAll Whew! I am going to Disney World!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Congrats @Michaelekrupp!!!

Thank you @zdoes10 for tracking the wins again this year!!!

Congrats to @Jake for finishing first overall for the season!!!! I'll send you a message tomorrow concerning the trophy.

Thanks everyone for making this fun again this year!!!

I'll start a playoff thread tomorrow.

@Jesse_O A big thank you for hosting the NFL Picks, keeping us on schedule, maintaining the peace, and being a true fan of the sport!

@zdoes10 Great job on tracking. Pre-kids, I was a commish for a couple leagues (work, buddies, etc.) for about 2 decades, even before online, when we reserved a room and had to white board everything and hope that no one erased our progress (including the janitor), pulling our numbers from a literal hat for our draft orders, and deciphering our progress from our haphazard notes and constant bantering. Many thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makahuka
Congrats to @Jake for the season win. All the rest of the forum are awesome to play against.

Much appreciated, and hope that we can continue next season with the same group of players!

@flanders @HAmistoso Thanks for the positivity! And keeping it real!!

@michaelekrupp For 2nd Place! @Pre_Coder For 3rd Place!! It might not feel like a win, but you and other folks have really good instincts. As they say, "Any given Sunday!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf75
Yea, yea, congrats @jake or somethin'.. Sore non-winner checking in. 17 game season, 32 teams. 272 games. I picked 158 games right out of that 272 for a 58% vs. the winners 67%.

Atlanta burned me a lot this season, so did my loser Colts. Damn! Fun but Damn still...

@Surf75 On ESPN and other expert sites, your accuracy still puts you in the top 20 among the "Pros". I try not to get too hung up on numbers, but it functions as a barometer of how I am doing. Every week is a game of inches...or a pit of quick sand

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74
@jake
You ran away with it!
Good job and you should consider being a sports book as a side hustle

@drmccoy74 Thanks for the kinds words. It's only fun if the side hustle doesn't infringe on my main job. At one point, I was in 9 fantasy leagues, 11 picks, and 5 office pools. Friends who couldn't finish their season started dumping their teams for me to play. I was getting text at 3 AM for picks. I was like, "No mas!". Then I had kids and real life got in the way. I have been out for about a decade, so starting last year, this forum is just right to scratch the football itch.

...Now to claim my prize! And thanks to everyone for a fantastic regular season!!
Post 44 IP   flag post
@jake, Congratulation and next year I am coping your picks.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdoes10
@jake, Congratulation and next year I am coping your picks.

Tried and true strategy. Copy the winner until they start losing 😂
Post 46 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Browns
Dolphins (better bring a baked potato to the stadium)
Bills
Cowboys
Lions
Eagles
Post 47 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Texans
Dolphins
Bills
Cowboys
Lions
Buccaneers
Post 48 IP   flag post
Collector Surf75 private msg quote post Address this user
Cleveland
Chefs
Buffalo
Dallas
Rams in my upset pick.
Philly, begrudgingly
Post 49 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Cleveland
Kansas City
Buffalo
Dallas
Detroit
Philadelphia
Post 50 IP   flag post
AS Of 1/12/2024 1219 EST:

Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector ShallaBal private msg quote post Address this user
Houston
KC
Buffalo
Dallas
Rams
Philly
Post 52 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Texans
Dolphins
Bills
Cowboys
Lions
Eagles
Post 53 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders We can't stands them stinkin' chiefs...lol...
Post 54 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
@flanders We can't stands them stinkin' chiefs...lol...

I can't stand them either. I always choose who I anticipate to win, not who I want to win.

I picked KC, but I do hope Miami takes it.
Post 55 IP   flag post
615415 189 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?