Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Signatures

Starlin Signature Opinion20276

Collector themoonwasblue private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all,

I flipped through a ST 180 I bought, and stumbled into a signature on the bottom of page 1.

I'm sure it is (or is supposed to be) a Starlin signature, but wondering if anyone here could give an opinion on its authenticity. I have no information on where/when it might have been signed.

Thanks

Edit: I apologize if I this in the wrong forum section.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector JoshS2 private msg quote post Address this user
This one of mine looks a bit different, but maybe he is just a sloppy signer.

Post 2 IP   flag post
@JoshS2 Thats helpful, thanks for sharing that with me.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
Likke many artists, they can very. There's a few more examples at the bottom of some of the pages, and your sig looks good. Welcome to the forum.

clickable text
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Hexigore private msg quote post Address this user

This is one I got this year. If I remember right, he developed a problem with his hands. So the variance could be due to that issue.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexigore
If I remember right, he developed a problem with his hands. So the variance could be due to that issue.

Mike Royer introduced us at SDCC '17 and Mr. Stalin apologized for not shaking hands because he had recently injured it, though I don't recall if he said how.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
It was one of those Soda maker thingies.
It blew up and lacerated his hand as well as caused internal damage to his hand.

He used to do cheap 9x12 originals for his fans that came to his Con table for a very very cheap original art fee. Once he came back to drawing he ceased doing that for his fans.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thanks everyone, lots of good information.

Judging by the link from @makahuka it seems possibly authentic?

I guess the decision becomes, do I want to send it in for authentication and never see it again, or just keep it as is. I've seen others suggest as an option having it graded and keeping a picture of the page/signature with it afterwards.

I'm not under the impression that its worth a ton of money in either case, but it was a fun little find.
Post 8 IP   flag post
616096 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?