Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMemorabiliaPop Culture

The Utes20232

I keep buying dumb stuff because I'm a bit of an underground influence marketer. Oldfuzznts private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know, man. I get a kick out of decommoditization.

The other day I carried a book in for a trade and watched the store owner attempt to valuate it. Let me tell you, that experience alone was worth the price of grading.

He didn't know me from Adam. He had no idea what he was holding.

He arrived at a figure of nothing. I laughed all the way to my car.

Most people aren't pervy like that, and I get it. But I love making market gatekeepers panic... visibly...on their YouTube channels.

"Well, there's no sales data for this! How will we ever arrive at a fair market value!?"

You won't, buddy. If you had to pay what it's actually worth, you couldn't afford it in ten lifetimes.
Post 26 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
So it was a tease @Oldfuzznts?
Post 27 IP   flag post
I keep buying dumb stuff because I'm a bit of an underground influence marketer. Oldfuzznts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAmistoso
So it was a tease @Oldfuzznts?

Experiment. How do you explain to someone that any FMV calculation for something so innocuous would need to include a variable for the cost incurred to prevent it from causing a debilitating market disruption?

Nah, you just roll with it and observe.
Post 28 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
HAHAHA!!!
Post 29 IP   flag post
Would there happen to be a reptile of any kind on the cover @Oldfuzznts?
Post 30 IP   flag post

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfuzznts

The other day I carried a book in for a trade and watched the store owner attempt to valuate it. Let me tell you, that experience alone was worth the price of grading.

Most people aren't pervy like that, and I get it. But I love making market gatekeepers panic... visibly...on their YouTube channels.

"Well, there's no sales data for this! How will we ever arrive at a fair market value!?"

You won't, buddy. If you had to pay what it's actually worth, you couldn't afford it in ten lifetimes.

Insert confused head scratching emoji here.

Quote:
Experiment. How do you explain to someone that any FMV calculation for something so innocuous would need to include a variable for the cost incurred to prevent it from causing a debilitating market disruption?

And again here.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAmistoso
Would there happen to be a reptile of any kind on the cover @Oldfuzznts?

It was a tencent price variant Venom from 1969.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

Insert confused head scratching emoji here.

Quote:

And again here.

🤫

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_wall
Post 33 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I’m officially bummed. I thought this discussion was about BRZRKR…….
Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
I’m officially bummed. I thought this discussion was about BRZRKR…….

If you try sometimes, you might find, you get what you need.
Post 35 IP   flag post
615425 35 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?