Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Dear CopperAgeKids - Don't rob people *PSA*2021

Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
I refunded Carl the grading/shipping costs because he asked me to return the books to him, ungraded.

I was unware that the books had not been subbed to CGC intil about a month or so ago, I gave them to my helper at Eternal Con in NY to sub, while I dealt with customers.

Carl emailed me about the hold up and I checked my CGC submission hub, saw there was no record of them being subbed at all.So, I called my helper and he told me he couldn't read my handwriting and had forgotten to tell me that he didn;t sub the books at the con and had put them back into my wall book box, behind my table at Eternal Con.

I then pulled the books from my wall book box and saw they had reverted slightly so I spot pressed both books (and full book pressed them) again.This can happen sometime when books are spot pressed and/or pressed but is more likely to happen when spot pressing is included, along with full book pressing.

I did offer to cover the cost of grading the books, when Carl subs them himself to CGC.He said that wasn't neccesary and passed on the offer.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector SD2416 private msg quote post Address this user
Sure is some story.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
@sd2416...indeed.

The good thing is...it's not my story and I don't have to weed through it to decide what is real...it simply does not matter. I hope at the end of all this, that the books have been returned in the same condition so Carl can get some well deserved closure.

Shit happens in life...but accountability is a lost art.

It was an error on your part for whatever reason and only you can make it right. This poor bastard didn't deserve any of this headache and "why" isn't his problem...just quietly give him is books back (as you hopefully have) and move on.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Did I read that correctly? You paid $40 per book to have them pressed?

Is his release paper made out of gold leaf?

Wowsers.
Post 29 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan510

Wowsers.

Yeah that was about all I caught when I scanned it too.
Post 30 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
...post on this thread (sans excuses)

@copperagekids Come on man why'd you have to go down that road? I was really rooting for you to do this right. 😔

IE "hey guys I really fkd up on this deal, I even left a customer in the dark, which I now know is a very fkd up thing to do bc it makes them think they were robbed, wont happen again and I really tried my best to do right by him when I realized my fkup."
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector SD2416 private msg quote post Address this user
So your helper was at the con with you, couldn't read your handwriting, so instead of mentioning it to you there, he puts it in the box and forgets about it until you mention it however many months later?

And then that story about someone using a proxy to sign in from your up on the cgc forums.

Red Hood said it best, "flea market antics"
Post 32 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Wowsers.
Quote:

Wowsers.

I need to raise my prices. I feel bad for the OP for being taken every which way you can on this deal.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector Buzzetta private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Wowsers.

When I brought release paper to him as a goof I ordered the basic pack for around $7 from Amazon. No gold leaf for CAK
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector Buzzetta private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics
Quote:

Wowsers.
Quote:

Wowsers.

I need to raise my prices. I feel bad for the OP for being taken every which way you can on this deal.

Please don't do that...
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector Iceman399 private msg quote post Address this user
It's a good thing he didn't pay for CAK's onsite pressing...what were the fees on that one again? $200 a book done at the con?

LOL IP proxy fake accounts...holy carps did you guys see that alien wearing a tin hat!
Post 36 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzetta
Quote:
Quote:

Wowsers.
Quote:

Wowsers.

Please don't do that...

Agreed please don't do that
Post 37 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Wowsers.
Quote:

Wowsers.

Do it.
Post 38 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman399
It's a good thing he didn't pay for CAK's onsite pressing...what were the fees on that one again? $200 a book done at the con?

If you're lucky and the book doesn't need any dry cleaning you only pay the low, low price of $125 or 2.5% FMV (whichever is higher)
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Quote:

If you're lucky and the book doesn't need any dry cleaning you only pay the low, low price of $125 or 2.5% FMV (whichever is higher)

*edit cause I didn't click the link*
Post 40 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Iceman399 I'm not sure I understand your comment since I didn't mention what any others charge and you linked to the same post I did
Post 41 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@Iceman399 I'm not sure I understand your comment since I didn't mention what any others charge and you linked to the same post I did

Sorry I thought you linked it to CCS (since you had $125)

MB
Post 42 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
So Carl was still charged $80.00 and didn't have his books submitted like it was written up in the contract. The books where gone for 1/3 of a year. I think someone still owes someone a $80.00 refund.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe he did something to make it up to him?

I would hope so.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Quote:

I would hope so.

Ya blamed the rest of the world.
Post 45 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

I would hope so.

You see, my son has a game leg, ya know, and we had to take him to surgery. Well that night, my wife fell ill and my grandpaw blew his brains out. I couldnt possibly keep track of your books. After that was done I just had to concentrate on making as much loot on ebay to catch up. I shipped your books but the postman doesnt like me very much coz I slept with his brother. He kept holding them and returning them to me. Thats why i kept saying your books would ship. Then someone stole my phone and they kept telling you the books would ship as well! So I fought him in the parking lot of 7-11 and won, so i finally had my phone back so I could call you. Ot was a bloody fight, I still have scars. Then my helper got into a bad car accident, and went into a coma. You see, I couldnt tknow where your books were at that point. When he finally woke up, we looked for days for your books, and I lost so much money due to spending so much time looking. You really should pay me more because these books took so much of my time. We finally found them and shipped them to you though!! PS those books were not second print nor newsstand books, you were wrong on that. So dont get mad when you get your package. Looking forward to doing more business with you soon!
Post 46 IP   flag post
Collector Archie10cent private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Quote:

I would hope so.

You see, my son has a game leg, ya know, and we had to take him to surgery. Well that night, my wife fell ill and my grandpaw blew his brains out. I couldnt possibly keep track of your books. After that was done I just had to concentrate on making as much loot on ebay to catch up. I shipped your books but the postman doesnt like me very much coz I slept with his brother. He kept holding them and returning them to me. Thats why i kept saying your books would ship. Then someone stole my phone and they kept telling you the books would ship as well! So I fought him in the parking lot of 7-11 and won, so i finally had my phone back so I could call you. Ot was a bloody fight, I still have scars. Then my helper got into a bad car accident, and went into a coma. You see, I couldnt tknow where your books were at that point. When he finally woke up, we looked for days for your books, and I lost so much money due to spending so much time looking. You really should pay me more because these books took so much of my time. We finally found them and shipped them to you though!! PS those books were not second print nor newsstand books, you were wrong on that. So dont get mad when you get your package. Looking forward to doing more business with you soon!

Was that meant as sarcasm in some ways? This felt like hard to believe now then.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
This is the type of thread I expect to read over across the street. The same exact response style is starting here. Oh joy, what fun we become the other guys.

Drama, drama, drama, drama.
Post 48 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie10cent
Was that meant as sarcasm in some ways? This felt like hard to believe now then.

Are you being facetious?
Post 49 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
This is the type of thread I expect to read over across the street. The same exact response style is starting here. Oh joy, what fun we become the other guys.

Drama, drama, drama, drama.

Yes, let's hope everything wraps up well and move on. Sounds like the issue may be resolved to at least some extent.
Post 50 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user

Post 51 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user

Post 52 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Ok - the original poster got a response from CAK and was able to respond back. The situation seems to be settled. There is really no point in leaving this thread open to comments. In other words, I'm locking the thread. To leave it open only invites more drama.
Post 53 IP   flag post
601448 53 28
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.