Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector jcbruch private msg quote post Address this user
For some reason the Promo code for black friday savings is not working. Anyone also have this issue?
Post 1 IP   flag post
I keep buying dumb stuff because I'm a bit of an underground influence marketer. Oldfuzznts private msg quote post Address this user
Not working for me either.
Post 2 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think its black Friday yet.
Post 3 IP   flag post
The email sent out says the promo starts now.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I keep buying dumb stuff because I'm a bit of an underground influence marketer. Oldfuzznts private msg quote post Address this user
You run these promos early. Like, before that money gets spent on a TV.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfuzznts
You run these promos early. Like, before that money gets spent on a TV.

I don't think it works like that. Maybe this particular promo was suppose to start today and the code is not working for whatever reason. But, if what you're saying is true, wouldn't all retailers run there promos early? Except for the TV retailers ofcourse.
Post 6 IP   flag post
People selling a service with a wait time and therefore no immediate gratification would be wise to do so.
Post 7 IP   flag post
The only thing I can think of is the promo's fine print says the comics have to be received by 12/8. Maybe it is only applied when the comics are received. It will be my first time submitting comics to CBCS so I am not sure..
Post 8 IP   flag post
I'll try again in a few days and if it doesn't work I'll send the extra books on my order elsewhere.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I always write the promo code on the invoice that I submit with my order anyway.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I prefer to not pay for this by card. I also like my shopping carts to calculate discounts for me.

I'll not contribute to an erosion of the standards my forefathers fought and died for with napkin calculations.

Good day, sir!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Don't get your old fuzzy nuts in a bind....written promo codes never caused any problems.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Tell that to the boys who served in the Falklands.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Oldfuzznts lol!!!!!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfuzznts
I prefer to not pay for this by card. I also like my shopping carts to calculate discounts for me.

I'll not contribute to an erosion of the standards my forefathers fought and died for with napkin calculations.

Good day, sir!

Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Weaponx606 private msg quote post Address this user
Guess I’ll just send it in and pay it but write “PLEASE APPLY PROMO CODE THANKS23 TO MY ORDER, WAS NOT APPLIED AT CHECKOUT” on the submission form.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Travis private msg quote post Address this user
What the shits you guys got promo codes
Post 17 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
Promo codes for signature verification, and a few other things, but not simple encapsulation of comic books.
Post 18 IP   flag post
I’m sending in 5 books with a total of 10 sigs so papa needs discounts!
Post 19 IP   flag post
Promo code worked for me today at checkout.
Post 20 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
15% off promo code.
Beginning of the video

https://youtu.be/55wHykBh4m0?si=lC-WZ7zb2UoMgWAk
Post 21 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
Priority isn't terrible, not bad.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector justinslot private msg quote post Address this user
Bumping this thread because I used the THANKS23 code to get $10 off grading/verifying a small number of signed books, which were received in Plano by the required date to use the code (the promo page has disappeared but I believe it was December 8th.) I got the email that my books had entered the grading room so I went to check on my order status and there is a big gaudy "Pay Balance" button there for $120, which is the amount the THANKS23 code took off my order. I should point out that before the comics changed status (from "received" to "processing" the code was applied to the order and I was saving $120.

I have obviously emailed CBCS but my understanding from occasionally lurking here is that CBCS customer service is not super responsive. I am curious if anyone else has had this happen to them with this year's THANKS23 code.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector justinslot private msg quote post Address this user
Update: the "Pay Balance" button has disappeared, and my discount has been restored. No response from CBCS yet, but possibly someone saw my email (or my post.)
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector honukai92 private msg quote post Address this user
@justinslot I also used the promo code and had to email them as they ended up just charging me the extra automatically. Kind of sketchy.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Paid with a money order. No problems. Redeemable for face value only.

Edit:

Spoke too soon!
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Cerebus3000 private msg quote post Address this user
I had the pay balance pop up after using the previous VSP discount code. I honestly couldn’t figure out what it was for, but I just wanted them shipped so I paid. There was no explanation on the account. I thought maybe it had something to do with shipping to Canada, or bumping one of my comics up a tier. Now I am wondering if I should ask for a credit.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebus3000
I had the pay balance pop up after using the previous VSP discount code. I honestly couldn’t figure out what it was for, but I just wanted them shipped so I paid. There was no explanation on the account. I thought maybe it had something to do with shipping to Canada, or bumping one of my comics up a tier. Now I am wondering if I should ask for a credit.

Without knowing the specifics regarding your issue, If you deserve a credit you should ask for and get a credit. Email customer service or call them, I've heard they are more responsive than during the pandemic.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector vyper2 private msg quote post Address this user
Well I payed for my order in full and it took the THANKS23 PROMO Code and for 6 comics. This was in very late November. I was surprised when I looked a few days ago and the promo code wasn't there anymore and the charge returned for it. Only the promo code charge. Well I was pretty p*** off. So I wrote them two emails. And the next morning they took the charge off and said it was a bug and they were working on it.
So to everyone out there. My suggestion is contact customer service email, and you should get a pleasant response.
They aren't mean. And just be nice to them. They probably have the answer and may save you money.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector WonkeyNinja private msg quote post Address this user
What is the current promo codes?
Post 30 IP   flag post
615425 32 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?