Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

What am I seeing #2?20162

I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Here are two Thundercats #2's, Seemingly the same except for the price. Why are they different prices? They came out on the same month in the same year.

Post 1 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Second printing would differ the prices potentially. Which one was more expensive?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Wookie private msg quote post Address this user
1 is 1st print and other is 2nd print.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
What made it weird for me was the fact that they came out in the same month. Do second printings come out in the same month? and cost more? The second print is 75 cents and the first print is 65 cents.
Post 4 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
The 75 cent one could be a Canadian price variant.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
This is what I found on the Comic Database website....2nd print, direct market. So not Canadian I think.

Next time I answer a question, I'll do better research. Lol

Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
The second slab is clearly identified as a second printing on the slab. The cover may have the original publication month on it but the interior ads would be consistent with the month it was reprinted in.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen130
Second printing would differ the prices potentially. Which one was more expensive?

this. the higher the printing. the lower the value. they might look identical but if one is a 2nd printing then its so
Post 8 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
I can't find the article, but at one time it depended on the region. A publisher could put out a comic in a different state or country with a different price. I think the article said it started in the late 80's or 90's. Apologies, I thought I had the article bookmarked.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
It's not a Canadian Price Variant? I'll look to see if they have a 2nd printing.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@michaelekrupp "...The cover may have the original publication month ...", is this a thing? I wouldn't think so, but clearly, I don't know.
Post 11 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Here are the five different prints of that issue. Found in Grand Comics Database.

Post 12 IP   flag post
@Jesso_O You beat me to it. Lol
Post 13 IP   flag post
Nevermind, I asked the question before I saw the new post.
Post 14 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Might be helpful...

clickable text
Post 15 IP   flag post
So the moral of the story is that it's a second print, direct market, but with the same month as the first print and 10 cents more. Still weird!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort Yes. I bought a Transformers #1 a while back that was supposed to be a first printing. When I looked at the Bullpen Bulletins page inside the comic I realized that the monthly checklist was promoting comics published several months after Transformers 1. When I checked the indicia I figured out that this was because it was a second printing and the Bulletins page was for the month that the second printing was issued.
Post 17 IP   flag post
@michaelekrupp - Thanks Sir!
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Cerebus3000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
The 75 cent one could be a Canadian price variant.

All of the CPV I have seen have a UPC as if they were a newsstand in addition to the price difference. Being Canadian and of that era I have a bunch. However, I’m not sure if they actually were newsstand.
Post 19 IP   flag post
618083 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?