Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeGrading Help NeededQuestions

Rare variant of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #29 issue20155

Collector Roxainer private msg quote post Address this user
Hi! I'm writing here because I'm in a new situation for me and I don't know how to behave. At Lucca Comics and Games 2023, for an incredible series of lucky coincidences, C. B. Cebulski, Marvel's editor-in-chief, handed me an ultra-rare variant of Amazing Spider-Man #29 and autographed it. As can be read from the certificate of which I attach photo, this is a variant in a very limited print of only 25 copies worldwide, which are delivered exclusively in person by Cebulski, therefore without the possibility of buying them. The comic is obviously in practically perfect condition, I busted it instantly and treated it like a relic. I found absolutely nothing about it on the internet. Now I would like to understand how much it can be worth in broad terms, and if you think it is appropriate to have it graded, because I live in Italy and it makes me a little anxious to ship it to America. Thank you so much for your attention!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
The details of the story match with his Twitter announcement. Probably would be good to get something like that in a slab. I would confirm first that CBCS is able to authenticate the book. As for value, I think you will just have to wait and see what one sells for. Are you hoping to sell it, or just get an idea what people would pay for it?

https://twitter.com/CBCebulski/status/1719723212932583708?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Post 2 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Slab it now with signature verification. I assume it’s the current series? I assume its potential value is solely rarity of the variant; which is hard to judge. Some of these manufactured rarities sky rocket for some reason and some are stale.

Worst case you get a couple hundred later.

Best case it rarity will pull some ridiculous number at the right time.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia Thank you so much! I don't think I'll sell it, even if in these cases I never say never, but I wanted to know in broad terms the value it could have even just for personal satisfaction.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@HulkSmash Thank you so much too! I’ll follow your advices!
Post 5 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
You may not find a value. There are plenty of cases where these low print runs aren't really worth anything because there is no demand. Simply because no one knows they exist.
Good luck though.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector docsantos51 private msg quote post Address this user
Have it slabbed personally; a popular title and a very low print run has great potential upside. Go to a reputable auction house (e.g. Heritage Auction House in Dallas, TX. Note that a strict & consistent 3rd party grader e.g. CBCS of Beckett Publishing is next door in Plano, TX. A completetist will pay high bucks for such a modern rarity. This year I personally traveled to Plano, TX, from Houston (4 hour drive one way), my first submission was an unread copy of Giant X-Men #1, which I purchased in 1975 for 50 cents. Since archival comic book supplies weren't readily available at the time, it was stored in a real-wood (not compressed wood) dresser drawer neatly stacked, and remained untouched until 1985 when I returned home (La Habra, CA), after completing my medical school education in Mexico. By then, comic book stores were everywhere and so were archival supplies. I stored by bluechip comics in Mylar. I was a bit disappointed when the unread copy of Giant X-Men #1 came back as an 8.0. After checking the market, I was offered $3000 cash by a coin & collectible shop, which I thought was fair. The minimum I saw retail was $3,200. A 9.6 by CGC was going for $31,000.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I had a copy of Valiant Zombies #1 Gold & Valiant Zombies Platinum #1.

There were something like 5 or 10 of each created. I got them slabbed and sold them for a whopping, unbelievable, astronomical....... about $150 each.

Womp womp. That was a real downer
Post 8 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
@Roxainer @docsantos51 Welcome to the forum!
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Sigur_Ros @docsantos51 @Nuffsaid111 @makahuka Thank you all for the very kind and detailed answers, you are helping me a lot!
Post 10 IP   flag post
619266 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?