Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Signatures

Verified Signature: New Gods 12013

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Hey,

I'm submitting to CBCS a New Gods 1 that has (what I believe to be real) a Jack Kirby signature at the bottom of the splash page. I read the Verification process CBCS employs through CSA Comics. Does anyone know if Jack Kirby signed his books the same way all the time? Did Jack have a "trademark" way of signing (i.e. always the splash page or always in ink etc..) Also, if verified, is it the red label or yellow label?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector obiwan1971 private msg quote post Address this user
It will be red label. Not sure how or where Kirby usually signed
Post 2 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwan1971
It will be red label. Not sure how or where Kirby usually signed

Thanks!
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Kirby is well known enough that they will probably have already seen every variation of his legit signature.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector nsiggson private msg quote post Address this user
I have two verified Jack Kirby signatures and he seems to always sign the bottom of the first page. I have seen one time where he signed the cover, but it's was in the usual thin looking ball point pen.

The image I uploaded is from my Avengers 1 in a beautiful example. Good luck!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@nsiggson I am jealous.
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
It was pretty common for Jack to sign books at the bottom of the first page. Here's the one on my copy of FF #62 verified by CBCS. I am honored to have it.

Post 7 IP   flag post
All those pics are fantastic and consistent with mine. The above sig in this pic is on the 1st page of the comic at the bottom and the other signatures are confirmed authentic Jack Kirby sigs. Hopefully mine is verified! Thanks to all who posted!!

Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector KenWorthing private msg quote post Address this user
Here's my Jack, signed and verified on the front cover ..

Post 9 IP   flag post

This is a better image of my Jack Kirby sig.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

This is a better image of my Jack Kirby sig.

I have seen numerous Kirby signatures and had many of my own verified (a couple have been rejected); yours looks to me like the real deal! Couple things to check for: ball point pen, signed on first page (he rarely signed on covers), and pen flow (does the ink of the signature look smooth, ie no hesitation). If you do submit this, I think it has a pretty good chance of passing imho.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenWorthing
Here's my Jack, signed and verified on the front cover ..

Ken my FCC friend, color me green with envy! If you ever feel like parting with this please let me know!

-Justin
Post 12 IP   flag post
600702 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?