Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgePop CultureQuestionsToys

Interview with John Tyler Christopher2009

COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Hello! Some of you may know,others not, but I have a YouTube channel with the (nearly) same name as I have here. Anyway, I do a weekly live show that I turn in to a podcast for iTunes, etc. We do it every Tuesday night. I frequently have on special guest writers, artists, publishers, etc.

Last night we talked with John Tyler Christopher. If you like action figure variants, Marvel Legends, Star Wars then it is a good listen - he's really a stand up guy!

(I don't often make posts like this and I really hope it's not considered spam ... just wanted to share something we were able to do that I am very happy with and I think you will enjoy as well!)
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector ThatComicBookGuy private msg quote post Address this user
JLS,
Great show as always.

Sean (That Comic book Guy).
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatComicBookGuy
JLS,
Great show as always.

Sean (That Comic book Guy).

Thanks Sean!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector vacaboca private msg quote post Address this user
I can't watch it all now, but have enjoyed the first ten minutes so far... I'll definitely have to watch the rest this weekend. JTC was at my local comic shop for the release of Star Wars #1, so I got to talk to him for a bit and have him sign a copy of his Luke action figure cover. I also ended up buying a CBCS graded copy of his "party" sketch cover that he added Jar-Jar to... I'll have to dig it out to take a picture of it. He did it that day, and after grading it sat at the shop for months until I finally broke down and bought it.

He was fun to talk to - sounds like a great interview so far, thanks for sharing it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacaboca
I can't watch it all now, but have enjoyed the first ten minutes so far... I'll definitely have to watch the rest this weekend. JTC was at my local comic shop for the release of Star Wars #1, so I got to talk to him for a bit and have him sign a copy of his Luke action figure cover. I also ended up buying a CBCS graded copy of his "party" sketch cover that he added Jar-Jar to... I'll have to dig it out to take a picture of it. He did it that day, and after grading it sat at the shop for months until I finally broke down and bought it.

He was fun to talk to - sounds like a great interview so far, thanks for sharing it.

Thanks! That's pretty cool that he was at your LCS. He is a great guy to talk with and is all about the fans. I'd like to see the cover with Jar-jar on it haha

We ended up going for 1.5 hours, normal for the podcast, but a lengthy interview. That said, once we got talking it didnt feel like that long at all and we could have kept going if I didn't say we're getting to the end!
Post 5 IP   flag post
JLS,
I thought I made it pretty clear about banning Jar Jar. #no Jar Jar, not in my Star Wars! Just kidding, but seriously, no Jar Jar!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatComicBookGuy
JLS,
I thought I made it pretty clear about banning Jar Jar. #no Jar Jar, not in my Star Wars! Just kidding, but seriously, no Jar Jar!

haha I agree NO JarJar!! He did tell that he wants to be the ultimate troll and do an incredibly rare action figure variant. he said it would be hilarious and devious to make the Jarjar book the rarest and most desirable haha
Post 7 IP   flag post
If he has to do a Jar Jar at least make it a Sith Jar Jar. Something halfway cool, just my opinion.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector vacaboca private msg quote post Address this user
Better late than never... here's a picture of the book. It was just a quick sketch, but may be the only Jar Jar cover JTC does

Post 9 IP   flag post
597924 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?