Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden AgeMovies TelevisionMovies TelevisionQuestions

Should SHAZAM be included in the new DCEU James Gunn movies?20022

Collector CWill2021 private msg quote post Address this user
I would love to see Shazam! (the original Captain Marvel) be re-booted and in the new DCEU as part of a superhero team. Maybe de-emphasize "Billy" aspect of the character and focus more on Shazam only in his superhero form.
Anyone else?

Post 1 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm hoping they reboot black Adam as well
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector CWill2021 private msg quote post Address this user
Yes absolutely. They should cast him as a real villain VS Shazam and Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
I like the shazam movies. The 2nd one was worse but ok. I hope they put them in.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
Always hoping to see a plethora of heroes and villains.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I think the first movie created a hell of an opportunity that was so badly whiffed on in the second movie. I really believed that the Shazam family could become the key franchise for DC, and then the second movie (along with Black Adam) was a huge disappointment.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
I agree to an extent. I didn't hate the 2nd movie. I really liked the first one though
Post 7 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
NO...

they should only make movies with non-powered heroes
Would love to see a Question or 1940's Sandman (Wesley Dodds) etc. go noir, go horror, mystery, magic, detective, war whatever - hero genre in general seems to be flailing and DC hasn't been able to punch their way out of a wet paper bag with the big "3" -I have no belief they can figure it out with 2nd, 3rd or lower tier characters. At least with non-powered heroes we would maybe hope they would cut back on superfluous CGI and instead concentrate on story and character -it's a lot to ask for...so it won't happen and I don't think they have the skill or vision to pull it off

Losers - done right
Blackhawks
Zatanna or Fate
Constantine - done right
Hex - done right - like how hard would it be to make a series of Western Bounty Hunter films???!!!
Sgt Rock - a la Dirty Dozen or other good war team films - Great Escape etc. etc. - f@ck...gonna go watch one of those now..or maybe something Charles Bronson..OOOoooooo Once Upon a Time in the West!!!!
Post 8 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

Ditto! Holly mackerel! what a dumpster fire that move was. I had such high hopes for it.
Post 9 IP   flag post
619259 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?