Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Signatures

Any pre-Cut window bags for sale?2000

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I've been wondering if any company makes pre-cut window bags. I know it's not a difficult process to make my own but if an affordable pre-cut alternative exists then I'd consider it.

I know BCE makes a pre-cur sleeve but I'd hope we could do better than $10 for 4. Mylar isn't exactly necessary for my needs since the window bag is only temporary while the book is getting signed, after which it's submitted for grading.
Post 1 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
not as affordable as a roll of blue painters tape and a bag of 100 silver age bags. and i reuse the heck out of them too.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Sirtoddington private msg quote post Address this user
Wizard World partnered with Ultrapro for these. The online store isn't working so I'm not sure how to get them if I'm not attending a WW show this year. They're $6.99 for 10...

http://wizardworld.com/comiccon/ultra-pro-partner?SID=qdfhpupe840ij2e5cl8ncvo8e0
Post 3 IP   flag post
@Sirtoddington Thanks! I'll take a look!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtoddington
Wizard World partnered with Ultrapro for these. The online store isn't working so I'm not sure how to get them if I'm not attending a WW show this year. They're $6.99 for 10...

http://wizardworld.com/comiccon/ultra-pro-partner?SID=qdfhpupe840ij2e5cl8ncvo8e0

I like those lithograph bags. I may have to get some for buying original art at shows.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
http://www.ebay.com/itm/132059933016?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Ultra Pro precut window bags
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks guys! I didn't have a chance to checkout the link but those bags look great! I'll be scouring the internet for more of these now that I know what to look for!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Is that a link for storing the slabs inside a Mylar envelop, or are they used for the comics inside the slabs?

If inside, does this company think that many people are cracking the slabs in order to put the book into a new Mylar?

I'm so confused, especially when the comic is supposed to be archived inside the slab.

Now I need another "sleeve" to protect the slab?

Huh?

Thanks in advance!
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@ZosoRocks Not sure I'm understanding the question, but I'll take a stab at it.

The discussion was about bags with window cuts which are used when getting signatures at cons.

As far as bagging slabs, that's always been a thing. Every CBCS and CGC slab ship inside of bags. CBCS's bags are way better than CGG's too.
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Never underestimate the value of an original bag over a slab. Especially CGC ones.
https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/1755/page/1/im-going-to-buy-every-item-he-has-for-sale/
Post 10 IP   flag post
AAAH....signatures at cons....I missed that....didn't even realize that there are special "bags" for this.

I take it the bags are more of a "guide" to keep the artist within a certain area on the cover.

I've seen people place masking tape on top of the outer bag for those specific places a signature will end up. I never knew that they actually make bags that will allow you to do this.

Does it increase value of the book?

Will it increase the value of the book?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Never underestimate the value of an original bag over a slab. Especially CGC ones.
https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/1755/page/1/im-going-to-buy-every-item-he-has-for-sale/

Oh yeah...I keep forgetting.....LOL
Post 12 IP   flag post
@ZosoRocks The bags also provide protection for the book and also a big time saver since the book can be signed without having to remove it from the bag and for each signature and reinserting them afterward.

Some people are certainly more specific about where they want their books signed by each creator, and creating your own window bags isn't difficult but this is one case where I'd rather just pay for the convenience.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@ZosoRocks It's mostly to protect the books while being signed so you don't have to be taking them out & handling them during signing. especially if you have quite a few to be signed. some creators aren't too gentle when they have a larger stack they need to get through.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Gotcha.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Thanks to all for the answers.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
I'm dont go after a lot of signatures, but when I do get a book signed, I make my own bag so (1) the book gets a little more protection (2) I can get the signature where I want it. It isn't hard to do and only takes a minute. If I collected a lot of autographs, I might go with another method.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I'm getting my first pack of 10 in the mail today. I'll update you guys with pictures and my thoughts when I get home from work.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite what did you get?? Those Ultrapro's??
Post 19 IP   flag post
Yeah, @SpiderTim provided a link to a US vendor that had them. I ordered a few more from a vendor in the UK but I don't know when I'll get those in. Hopefully before I have to ship my books off to Matt
Post 20 IP   flag post
do they still have them?? I've been searching the web for some but I can't find any outside of eBay & there was only one pack & those sold.
Post 21 IP   flag post
@Sirtoddington I'm probably the one that bought that one pack, lol. I bought them all through ebay but the US seller has their own website and is set up on several online marketplaces. I asked if they had more but they didn't. The UK vendor was also through ebay but iff you're still interested, they still have some in stock, and if I like the bags I get today, I'll probably order some more just to stock up.
Post 22 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite lol. Let us know what you think.
Post 23 IP   flag post
So I really like these bags. They're "archival-safe, acid-free polypropylene so they're slightly more hefty than your typical bag with sturdy seams. The stated size is 6 7/8" x 10 1/2" and they come in packs of 10.

There is a windowed pocket to insert the book with a board and the other two panels wrap around to close the opening and wrapped around the front to cover the window.

The bags are tinted blue, which helps emphasize the signature window, which is about the size I use in my hand-made window bags.

Finally, there is an adhesive seam down the side, to completely seal the book for submission, though I'll certainly try to re-use as many of these as I can.

So yes, if you like to collect signatures and don't want to make your own bags, these are an excellent alternative!

Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
I wouldn't suggest using these sorts of bags; they are polypropylene.

You are paying a premium over thicker/much sturdier Mylite2 bags for inferior polybags.Pre-cut windows or not, they are still 5 cent polybags.
Post 25 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
They do look thicker and sturdier than a 5 cent polybag. @dielinfinite does it say what the mil thickness is on the packaging?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
I don't understand the draw to this product..Even using this you don't have control of where the signatures go..the hole is 3/4 of the cover.. not much direction for the artist.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
They do look thicker and sturdier than a 5 cent polybag. @dielinfinite does it say what the mil thickness is on the packaging?

They certainly do look thinker than nickel polybags but that still won't matter much, if at all.

Mylite2 bags are ideal for subbing raws for sigs because mylar is a rigid material.You want a rigid plastic to hold the book in place while it is being signed and to act as a protective shield from routine handling.

The wavy nature of a polybag offers little protection, in that regard.Add in such a large and unprotected cut out area, and you have a recipe for picking up spine ticks during a signing.

I persinally cut out an area big enough for a signature when I am window bagging my books, with just a little bit of extra space.
Post 28 IP   flag post
@DarthLego There's no mention of mil thickness. I definitely like these and are pretty much what I set out looking for when I started the thread
Post 29 IP   flag post
601274 29 29
This topic is archived. Start new topic?