Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

How often do you look at your comic collection?19954

Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
Really like that set up.
Post 51 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
it depends.

99% of it is in a temperature storage unit so dont really. the #1 i have in my place is my graded (which I do like looking over), anything I need to read (so yeah) or plan on grading eventually (same as graded)
Post 52 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Never. I have a few unopened MCS sub packages. The opened ones are in a pile on top of short boxes. I need to go through and purge, but I need time that I don’t have.

Do the other books count that are also in the piles? I looked at them when I opened them? If so then every few months.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Down to around 4,000 raw and 250 graded. Going to try to whittle down to just the 4 or 5 figure books. I have maybe 60 of those, and keep the stuff not valuable enough to sell, like the Savage Sword of Conan run.
65 years old now, hope to be done by age 70.
I look at them all the time, read different ones regularly. I will always have boxes of coverless to read. Currently keeping all the shipping boxes mailed to me, for future reuse.

Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
I have 4 short boxes, 1 long box and about 110 or so graded comics. I go through at least a few of the graded comics most days and read a few raws maybe once every week or 2. Pretty busy with job, house and 3 kids so I don't get as much time as I want with them. There's never enough time in a day!

When I retire I want to reno a proper comic room to display them more prominently so I don't have to dig through boxes to look at them, a room with no windows and only LED lights.
Post 55 IP   flag post

" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversorrow

When I retire I want to reno a proper comic room to display them more prominently so I don't have to dig through boxes to look at them, a room with no windows and only LED lights.

And no plumbing above / areas for external water intrusion ;-)
Post 56 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Id i had the space Id make a room devoted entirely to my collection of comics, power rangers toys,other collector stuff
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
@earthshaker01 Great stuff you have there that’s actually the direction I’d like to go in with my collection sell off all my raws and lesser slabs and have maybe a box or two of graded major keys. Much easier to manage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
Instead of quanity, I went for quality and rarity instead of having to deal with 10s of 1000s of books. I always focused on high grade, with specific areas like mainly GA and SA #1's, #nn's, promos, giveaways, 3-D, and Dell four colors and giants (file copies)
This kept be in a lower more manageable quantity (5000-ish books)with substantially higher value, than if I had collected the same books in lower grade with no focus. I would have ended up with too many books I didn't care about. Just my way of collecting. Here is a few pics of the crap I collected.
Post 58 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
Down to around 4,000 raw and 250 graded. Going to try to whittle down to just the 4 or 5 figure books. I have maybe 60 of those, and keep the stuff not valuable enough to sell, like the Savage Sword of Conan run.
65 years old now, hope to be done by age 70.
I look at them all the time, read different ones regularly. I will always have boxes of coverless to read. Currently keeping all the shipping boxes mailed to me, for future reuse.

Now thats how you surround yourself with your hobby!
Post 59 IP   flag post
right now what comics I have that arent in storage is in my closet (its like a wardrobe) or in a basket on a shelf
Post 60 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55
right now what comics I have that arent in storage is in my closet (its like a wardrobe) or in a basket on a shelf

Any photos?
Post 61 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I moved my slabs from comic boxes to cabinet/book shelf. They're more accessible now so easier to add slabs or look at them when I want to. The cabinet has a glass window in the door so I blacked it out with bristol board using painters tape. The slabs are all upright.

Post 62 IP   flag post
611411 62 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?