Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

How often do you look at your comic collection?19954

Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe not everything but at least the slabbed ones. I see my boxes everyday but don’t think I’ve popped the lids off for at least 6 months. Share thoughts if you’d like.

EDIT: How large is your collection if you care to share? Slabs? Raws?
I have about 100 slabs and 10 long boxes of raws.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector r_kruss private msg quote post Address this user
I display one every day as the "comic book of the day."
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
I have 11 slabbed books displayed at any given time and I rotate them out every few weeks, I rarely look at the non-slabbed books
Post 3 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Only on days that end in, "Y."
Post 4 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
How long are my eyes open?
Post 5 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
I tend to look at my raw books much more than my slabbed books.

I don't store my more expensive slabs at my house so I'll go weeks at a time without seeing them.

About the only time I go through my less expensive slabs is when I've either bought a new book to add to them or received newly graded books back from one of the grading companies.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Hexigore private msg quote post Address this user
I’m just trying to maintain my collection by moving it all into Mylar and Full Backs. I rarely buy more books. So, to answer the question, I don’t look at my collection much anymore.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
Everyday, new and old.
Post 8 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
They sit in piles and boxes all around my house. Honestly I look at photos of them on my phone or excel sheet more than actual slabs. Heaven help me if I need to actually find a slab.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
Great responses I edited the post if anyone cares to share how large their collection is. Slabs? Raws?
I have about 100 slabs and 10 long boxes of raws.
Post 10 IP   flag post
85 slabs, two magazine boxes raw
Post 11 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
15-20 short boxes of raw comics, maybe 100 slabs??
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector r_kruss private msg quote post Address this user
Around 50 slabs and 13 long boxes of raw comics.
Post 13 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I have photos of all my slabs and some of my raws so that's how I look at my collection most often. I do go into my actual collection but much more seldom...maybe a few times per year. I've got about 400 slabs and 8 long boxes or raws.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

I see this every time I leave and walk into my condo.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

you have some pretty cool books in that spinner rack
Post 16 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
540 slabs
A ton of short boxes. Since they aren't all in one spot I have no idea how my I have.

As a suggestion to those of you that have insurance on your books, take a pix of book and one of serial number and synch your photos to the cloud. Easy way to keep track of books assuming you dont sell.
Post 17 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

Awesome spinner!!!
Post 18 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
I look at my books almost everyday. I have about 6 long boxes with raw comics and about 150 slabbed comics. I am always looking for a bargain but I am not looking to buy duplicates so when I see a possible purchase,even to upgrade, I look up the title and issue number. So I look at my comics often,sometimes just to see if I already own a copy. So like @Bronte, I look at the pics often.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
I go through mine when time permits, I never get far organizing and cataloging due to stopping to admire the books I’m trying to organize. Around 100 slabs, somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 long boxes of raw comics and 15 boxes of magazines.
Post 20 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbolton
I go through mine when time permits, I never get far organizing and cataloging due to stopping to admire the books I’m trying to organize. Around 100 slabs, somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 long boxes of raw comics and 15 boxes of magazines.

Holy Crap!!
Post 21 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
I guess compared to everyone I'm a little slab crazy. I have 1700+ high grade GA and SA slabs, and near twice as many raw. I don't look through them daily as it's a lot of slabs, but I do grab a box from time to and aee what's in it.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort yeah, hopefully this year I’ll have time to start selling some.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
I guess compared to everyone I'm a little slab crazy. I have 1700+ high grade GA and SA slabs, and near twice as many raw. I don't look through them daily as it's a lot of slabs, but I do grab a box from time to and aee what's in it.

that's pretty damn awesome
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbolton
@sportshort yeah, hopefully this year I’ll have time to start selling some.

I tried that but I sold a lot of high grade comics for low prices (e-bay auctions). I am sorry I did it, but I can't get them back so I try not to think about it too much. I won't be selling, except maybe dupes. I used to buy anything I found a good price on so I have a lot of low grade raw dupes. I'll probably give e-bay (fixed prices this time) a go again.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
not much lately - have 9500 ish books - most titles I was following have now ended and I'm in a bit of a funk.

I say it every year but I really think next year I'll try to get them organized and either try selling as many as I can myself or just try to off them all at once - except maybe 1 or 2,000 that I really want to keep (Teen Titans run, Star Wars run etc. etc.)
Post 26 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

for the most part of a year I've been very active buying, selling, trading books and my comic room hasn't recovered yet, it is sooooooo disorganized. I do keep some of the more expensive books in the jeweler safe, holds quite a few books. My pc slabs, for the most part is alphabetical do pretty easy finding books, the raw books are a different story, I have boxes that are separated by keys, other are separated by collections I've picked up and when I'm looking for a certain book, I'm usually stuck for awhile thumbing through boxes and boxes. My wife is a clean nut, when it comes to the comic room, she just shuts the door, drives her nuts.she really wants me to take a box at a time and organize them, just haven't had the motivation to do so.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I hope that a jewlers safe is better for comics than a fireproof safe. Borock has a post of the dangers of a safe in the Cgc forums stickied.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
I would say every few months.
25 slabs maybe 5 long boxes
Post 29 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte I've had books in there since the early 90's, example, my ff48, been in the safe since'92, had it graded in 2018 and came back an 8.5 wp. Lots of books the same. It's not fireproof, just for theft. I have insurance on the collection but only covers half for theft
Post 30 IP   flag post
615425 62 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?