Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

MCS Consignment Payments19946

It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
I currently get MCS consignment payments by check. Asking those who get paid through PayPal how that is working for them.

Do you get charged a fee to receive those funds, in a personal or business account?

If a personal account, is there a max you can receive for a specific time period?

Do the total payouts show up on a 1099R?

Thanks in advance for any input.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
I send comic books for auction. When the auction is over I have it set up that they keep my money and I use it against auctions I've won.
Post 2 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, I know of that option, but I spend only about 10% of my consignment proceeds with MCS, and I use most of the rest for grading fees on submissions. So that really isn't practical for me. That leaves checks or PayPal.

I think those are the 3 options overall, unless someone knows of another.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
For consignment payments from MCS issued through Paypal, it is considered a good and services payment so the 3ish% fee is deducted. I don't remember the exact percentage of the fee.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Rjman48 private msg quote post Address this user
Can you set it up as direct deposit with them?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
if they pay you by Paypal of course you'll get a 1099
Post 6 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
🤨
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
For consignment payments from MCS issued through Paypal, it is considered a good and services payment so the 3ish% fee is deducted. I don't remember the exact percentage of the fee.

So you personally have had MCS payments sent to you, fee deducted, or are speaking generally? If the former, it sounds like you are having it sent to a business PayPal account. Do you think it would be the same to a personal account?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjman48
Can you set it up as direct deposit with them?

Good question. I'll have to inquire about that.

You can pay THEM with Zelle or Venmo, so maybe they can send payments out that way.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chester15
Quote:

So you personally have had MCS payments sent to you, fee deducted, or are speaking generally? If the former, it sounds like you are having it sent to a business PayPal account. Do you think it would be the same to a personal account?

I remember reading that somewhere but can't seem to find it now so that is why I opted to be paid via check.

I would recommend emailing Este at MCS (consign@mycomicshop.com) She would be able to explain the payments more clearly than I could.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chester15
Quote:

I remember reading that somewhere but can't seem to find it now so that is why I opted to be paid via check.

I would recommend emailing Este at MCS (consign@mycomicshop.com) She would be able to explain the payments more clearly than I could.

Thanks. That’s probably what I'll end up doing.

I was just hoping one of the forum members had direct experience with this. I was fine with checks until one of them temporarily vaporized in the mail flow, causing some concern. It showed up eventually, but it's making me rethink the method.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
I had an experience where one check got lost in the mail. I based this off of the email saying a payment was sent and 10 days passing with out receiving it. I contacted MCS they voided the check and I had a new one in a few days.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
I had an experience where one check got lost in the mail. I based this off of the email saying a payment was sent and 10 days passing with out receiving it. I contacted MCS they voided the check and I had a new one in a few days.

Wow, that's a very fast response by MCS.

When mine didn't show up within a few days of when it usually does (almost like clockwork), I figured it might be lost. Then I would wait a week to make sure, and then contact MCS.

From there, I thought it would be another waiting period to be sure it is lost, a stopped check process, maybe a fee involved for that, more waiting for a new check, etc. But the check did show up, a few days later than usual.

All this made me rethink the delivery method, due to paranoia. But since it sounds like they fix the problem promptly, should it occur, I think I will leave things as they are.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
@chester15 the customer service at MCS has always been top tier from my experience.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes

I had the same happen a couple years ago on a sizeable check. Este was super cool about getting the missing check voided and I received a new check. Great service.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Thanks for all the input and good advice!
Post 16 IP   flag post
618083 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?