Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkCBCS GradedComics Golden AgeComics Silver AgeFor Sale

OAFCon , will you be going to the OAFCon 2023 Sept 16th-17th?19934

I can only bring a few thousand comics. TerrysComics private msg quote post Address this user
Terry's Comics will be at the OAFCON 2023 Sept 16th-17th
I will have a minimum amount of new inventory at this show
So if you want me to bring something specific from my inventory or
just a request let me know before I start shipping this week
hours are from 10 am – 5 pm on Saturday, 10 am – 4 pm on Sunday
The event is held at the Embassy Suites, Norman, OK
More show information at: https://www.uncannycomicexpo.com/oafcon
I have over 30,000 comics in inventory at https://terryscomics.com/
Also if you are thinking, I don't have any money to spend, then you
are in luck. Terry will be buying at higher prices the silver/bronze keys
especially: most Golden age Super Hero like Prize comics, Four Favorites,
Super-Mystery, Pep comics and Champ. https://terryscomics.com/wantlistJuly_2023.txt
Nicer Timely/Atlas and 1950's DC always top dollar paid.
Best Regards
Terry O'Neill
Terry's Old School Comics
Post 1 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
I will be have a booth selling my own comic title, RIPPED!
This will be my first show with my own booth for my comic. I can't wait to see you at the show, Terry!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Sadly I will not be attending this year's show. OAFCon is a genuine comics event and well worth attending; I have been to all but a few since 1977.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
It looks like I may be attending this year (first time since the pre-Covid daze of '19). My buddy Bob Wayne and I discussed the prospect of crossing the Red River into Oklahoma territory without a posse tailing us and decided to take the gamble. His conestoga zeppelin has been fine tuned for the rugged terrain so we should be able to make the round-trip from Texas. Alas, we won't be setting up this year, but just reconnecting with friends and checking out other dealer's wares. Hope to see lots of GA there, ...comics too!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I'm gonna do it! Been reading about this "Grandaddy of em all" OAF convention and it got me nostalgic for an old-school comic con. I read that in the early days they rented a room to show sci-fi movies around the clock and some of the more cash-strapped attendees would crash in the movie room rather than spend their limited money on a hotel room. I think @CatmanAmerica knows a bit about this aspect of the early days. It looks like most or all of the OAF founding fathers are still around and will be in attendance.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia Last year was my first time going to this show. You're going to LOVE it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
Ugh...I'm pretty envious. I wish I could go to these kind of Cons.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
@EbayMafia Last year was my first time going to this show. You're going to LOVE it.

@SteveRicketts What's your booth number? I will be helping out at Terry's booth, A8 and A9.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlord
Ugh...I'm pretty envious. I wish I could go to these kind of Cons.

If you're on a No Fly list there's usually a bus terminal nearby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
I'm gonna do it! Been reading about this "Grandaddy of em all" OAF convention and it got me nostalgic for an old-school comic con. I read that in the early days they rented a room to show sci-fi movies around the clock and some of the more cash-strapped attendees would crash in the movie room rather than spend their limited money on a hotel room. I think @CatmanAmerica knows a bit about this aspect of the early days. It looks like most or all of the OAF founding fathers are still around and will be in attendance.

Look forward to seeing you there. I joined OAF in '69 and survived being elected club President in '70-'71 without getting shot or impeached (just barely). Worked a couple of the big summer Multicons (1970 & 1972) in OKC which were at the time alternating between Dallas, Houston and Oklahoma City. Did my first emceeing at the OAF Multicon in '72. Yeah, there were times when I crashed in one of the 24 hour film rooms at a HoustonCon/Star Trek Con. In fact, when traveling with a couple of female friends from college we all crashed in one of the film rooms under a blanket prompting the next year's Con-Com to place a notice in the con program to the effect of "No sleeping in the film rooms ...or anything else!" ...
Post 9 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia I'm at D12. I look forward to seeing you there.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
In fact, when traveling with a couple of female friends from college we all crashed in one of the film rooms under a blanket prompting the next year's Con-Com to place a notice in the con program to the effect of "No sleeping in the film rooms ...or anything else!"

lol, that's probably why the name "Oklahoma AF" means something different to today's younger generation.
Post 11 IP   flag post
615425 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?