Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

How to remove scuffing from exterior of slabs19933

Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sCFaKxOTi3c

8:19 mark in this video:

Bry’s Comics (Bryan Gordon) explains how to avoid most shipping damages (cracked/chipped slabs and exterior holder scuffing).

Keep your submissions under 10 books per box (he suggests under 20, but under 10 seems safer to me), you’ll see why after listening to him talk about this.

WRT scuffing on exteriors of cases, he shows that Polywatch and a microfiber cloth removes them.

Another YouTuber I watch @ImproveCollecting , has a video on how to remove about 95% of newton rings, with a demonstration.

I will dig up that video if anyone wants to see it and post it here, i need to get back to pressing books for Baltimore now but this is my good deed for the day

One other semi-related suggestion I have is to check out @TopComicsPressing on YouTube for some more solid demonstration/tutorial videos.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
How to remove newton rings? Interested
Post 2 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim

The solution is crystal clear. As far as exterior scuffing is concerned:

Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAmistoso
Quote:

The solution is crystal clear. As far as exterior scuffing is concerned:

Poly Watch is what was suggested in the video but yeah, that would work as well.

That said, I posted up the minute mark excerpt also to watch to see how to increase the odds in avoiding cracked slabs.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:

Found it:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QFVymZWITOU&t=212s
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah I had heard about the suction cups before. Ty
Post 6 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 7 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
@ComicHoarder the famous Newton Rings come back not a permeant fix.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Buzbe private msg quote post Address this user
The best thing I can tell you about your Newton Rings is change the moisture level content in you holding room it’s to high. The rings are a combo of moisture in the air and changing temperature of the casing leaving moisture collection residue for dry light moisture in the air
Post 9 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Meguiars plastX
Post 10 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzbe
The best thing I can tell you about your Newton Rings is change the moisture level content in you holding room it’s to high. The rings are a combo of moisture in the air and changing temperature of the casing leaving moisture collection residue for dry light moisture in the air

Newton's Rings are created when the plastic surface of the inner protector is touching the plastic surface of the slab. Moisture or not.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Every CGC submission I get back. And I do mean every - I have my Meguiars and my cloth and I go to work like an old washtub scrub maid.

It's absolutely pathetic and unacceptable; but their customer service is sooooooooooooo good (oh brother).
The best customer service is one I don't know about.

The clowns in sarasota need to have a better incoming inspection for their plastic and most certainly a better outgoing inspection to the customer.
Post 12 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Newton Rings have nothing to do with moisture. It's the refraction of light where the inner well and outer well plastics are touching.
Post 13 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:

Newton Rings have nothing to do with moisture. It's the refraction of light where the inner well and outer well plastics are touching.

Post 14 IP   flag post
603407 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?