Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden AgeComics Silver AgeQuestions

Natural disasters19919

Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
Does the total supply of collectible comic books diminish every decade through destruction by house fires and natural disasters such as Hurricane Idalia? What do you think the magnitude is? Would like to hear some opinions.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector PhilCoulson private msg quote post Address this user
This would make sense to me but it's probably such a small amount that it isn't noticeable if you could even quantify it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Hurricane Lana is arriving in September:

Post 3 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilCoulson
This would make sense to me but it's probably such a small amount that it isn't noticeable if you could even quantify it.

Agreed.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
I'd rather see hurricane Idalia.
Post 5 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgwalters100
I'd rather see hurricane Idalia.

Really?

#Cat5
Post 6 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
@MrNotSoNice I would think this would be offset by unknown books discovered in the wild.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
The only time I've heard of a collection of comics being destroyed was on Kevin Smith's Comic Book Men. One of Kevin's friends had experienced a hurricane and lost his entire collection. The cool part was Kevin and friends went to George Perez, had a piece of artwork done, to get the friend that was in a hurricane, a custom piece of artwork to kick start his collection. I'm kind of curious about more stories, earthquakes, fires, tornadoes, destruction throughout the U.S. like buildings collapsing, and terrorist attacks whether domestic or foreign...
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNotSoNice
Does the total supply of collectible comic books diminish every decade through destruction by house fires and natural disasters such as Hurricane Idalia? What do you think the magnitude is? Would like to hear some opinions.

My younger brother lost his entire collection to Katrina. Some Bronze, mostly Copper and Moderns (up to that year). It sure diminished in his eye's.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I lost a bunch of mine to Hurricane Busted Water Heater that decided to unload gallons of water on my basement floor one fine day.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
I would think the percentage is low. I know all of us in the FORUM have some rare and expensive comic books $2,000.00 on up and I'm willing to bet those books slabbed or raw are in a safe place a very safe place. The only comic books lost would be the ones that people have forgotten about or not even known what they were in an attic somewhere.
Post 11 IP   flag post
615425 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?