Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden AgeComics Silver AgeFor SaleRaw Comics For Sale

FS: F.F. #54, #55 (4th Silver Surfer); True Life Secrets #23, pre-code!!19915

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Only a few comics to sell this week, so let's see how it goes.

1. U.S. shipping only…sorry!!!
2. Shipping and/or insurance is included!!
4. Payment by PayPal, bank/cashiers check, or money order. NO PERSONAL CHECKS!!!
5. No Returns. I will give adequate descriptions, but you must ask for additional information or pictures if you have questions/concerns. No buyer’s remorse!!!
6. If items are damaged in-transit, contact me right away. Take photos!!!

Remember, I try to be conservative in my grade estimates, so more often than not the comic will probably be higher in grade. You decide.

Reasonable offers are welcome!!
Post 1 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Fantastic Four #54, Stan Lee/Jack Kirby works. This issue features an appearance by the Inhumans.

GD/VG, maybe better; cream to tan pages. The biggest problem with this comic is the missing chunk from the front cover. Otherwise, the comic is intact. There are small nicks and tears in spots around the covers, and a small tear on the BC at the top spine corner. A press will help the mild bend creases through the entire bottom right corner, as well as the mild spine curl.

$20

Post 2 IP   flag post
Fantastic Four #55, Stan Lee/Jack Kirby works. This issue features the 4th appearance of Silver Surfer, battling The Thing.

VG-, or better; cream pages. This one is complete and intact, although the cover is starting to undo from the bottom staple. There is a mild spine curl, poor production wrap and cut, a one inch tear at the bottom of page 12/13, some tanning around the outside of the back cover, and a mild bend crease through the entire top right corner that will press out.

$55

Post 3 IP   flag post
Our Fighting Forces #102 (presents Captain Hunter). The cover was done by Joe Kubert.

GD+, give or take; cream to off-white pages. The cover on this one is fully detached, but the rest of the book is intact. There are a few small nicks/tears on a couple pages.

$10

Post 4 IP   flag post
True Life Secrets #23, Charlton Comics. This comic reprints stories from My Desire Intimate Confessions #4, Romantic Secrets #2, and Life Story #1.

CGC 7.5, Off-White Pages. There are some light cosmetic scratches on the case, and a few small Newton Rings in the front that are hard to see.

A CGC 7.0 sold on HA for a little over $550 back in March. Let's try this...

$625, or best offer

Post 5 IP   flag post
Giant-Size Super-Villain Team-Up #1, 1st Marvel Super-Villain Team-Up. This 68-page special features Sub-Mariner and Dr. Doom.

VF, maybe better; cream to off-white pages. There is a small bend crease at the bottom right corner that breaks ink (front), as well as a couple fingerprints at the top edge that may not clean off. The back shows some very light soiling and/or ink transfers around the white border. A clean/press should help a bit, except perhaps those fingerprints.

$35 (or best offer)

Post 6 IP   flag post
That's all for now.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I have a few more higher-priced CGC slabs to list, but it’s a long holiday weekend so I’ll wait until next Tuesday. Time with my wife is more important. 👍🙂
Post 8 IP   flag post
Have a great weekend all!!! 🤟✌️🤙
Post 9 IP   flag post
I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend.

Next up are a few slabs that I haven't listed here before, but I'm not expecting much. Reasonable offers are always welcome.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Fables #1, 25c Special Edition (2006)(reprint). The comic is signed by Steve Leialoha, and it contains a preview of '1001 Nights of Snowfall'. This issue is a reprint of Fables #1 from 2002.

CGC SS 9.8, White Pages. There are no Newton Rings, but there are some light cosmetic scratches/scuffs on either side.

There are a couple of unsigned copies for sale on eBay, from $250 to $350. There aren't any signed copies, or recent sales of any either.

$375 (or best offer)

Post 11 IP   flag post
Marvel Collectible Classics: X-Men #6. With a chromium wrap-around cover, this comic is a reprint of X-Men #1 (1991). It is signed by Stan Lee.

CGC SS 9.8, White Pages. There are a couple of small Newton Rings inside the front.

$350 (or best offer)

Post 12 IP   flag post
X-Men #50 (1996). This issue is the Speckle Foil Edition, with a wrap-around cover. The story features the 1st appearance of Post, as well as a cameo by Onslaught. The comic is signed by Stan Lee, Scott Lobdell, and Andy Kubert.

CGC SS 9.8, White Pages. There are a couple of very small Newton Rings in spots on both sides, but they are hard to see.

$475 (or best offer)

Post 13 IP   flag post
Here's a unique item that I tried selling on the 'other' boards, with very little interest.

Only 10,000 were produced, but only 250 were graded by CGC...48 are a 10.0. I don't know how many have the 'First Release' designation.

New Zealand Mint silver foil replica cover of DC Comics Detective Comics #27 [nn]

The .999 fine silver foil replica is certified and graded as a First Release by CGC, a 10.0 Mint. The 'First Release' means that it was graded within 30 days of New Zealand Mint releasing these replicas.

This 35g fine silver collectible was presented in an acrylic holder (included) designed to frame the foil and allow for easy display. Packaged inside a complementary carrier (included), the item was carefully removed by CGC and placed into a slab after grading.

There aren't any Newton Rings, and I see very little in the way of cosmetic scuffs/scratches. The carrier that the foil cover arrived in is in great shape and intact.

$1200 (or best offer)

Post 14 IP   flag post
Detective Comics #1000, Third Eye Comics variant. The cover was done by Kaare Andrews, and there were only 2500 copies produced. This issue features the 1st appearance of Arkham Knight.

At the time of this post, only 29 copies of this variant are graded, and only 2 are a 9.9. My copy was the first 9.9 graded.

CGC 9.9, White Pages. You can see the blot of Newton Rings on the front, none in the back. This is one I couldn't fix because the slab is deeper and sealed well. The white 'bit' on the back isn't a scratch, but a bit of paper that I've removed since the photo was taken.

$350 (or best offer)

Post 15 IP   flag post
That's all for this thread!!!

On a side note, I managed to go through my CGC slab collection and fix a bunch of the Newton Rings in some of them. They didn't sell on those forums after all that work, so I'll wait awhile until I post them here. They are the same slabs I've listed here anyway, so I'm in no hurry. Feel free to message me, though, if interested in more details.

Thanks for visiting!!!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Everything is 15% off again until this Sunday night. After that, everything goes back into my collection. 👍🙂
Post 17 IP   flag post
Okay…20% off for a few hours this football Sunday, then the thread closes. 👍👍👍
Post 18 IP   flag post
Closed!!!
Post 19 IP   flag post
615425 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?